Do you eat carbs in the morning or night?

Options

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I eat them all day long

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I personally avoid carbs throughout the day because they trigger cravings for me. I also try to eat lighter in the morning. I feel more focused and productive. It also gives me more wiggle room if I have a client lunch or want to eat a nice dinner with my husband. It's not because some diet told me to, I've tried many diets and am discovering that if I just do what feels right for me I am so much happier than following a diet. I try and stay in my calories and choose healthier foods and stop beating myself up about everything.

I think with all the diet "rules" and "myths" out there it's important to step back and realize how amazing our bodies are. They can survive with a lot of food, they can survive with a little food. They keep us functioning through periodic famines or food shortages. They are adaptable. Until recently we haven't been able to provide them with perfectly balanced meals and vitamins every single day. There were seasons and you ate what was in season and our bodies worked just fine.

Being preachy to other people that they MUST eat breakfast, MUST not eat carbs, MUST eat such and such amount of protein, MUST eat this superfood every day for health is rude in my opinion. Full disclosure: I have been rude this way in the past. No more, I will encourage and give advice about what has worked for me and things you might want to try, but leave people to their own discoveries. What works right now might change in the future. Lives change, preferences change, attitudes change.

Let's just take care of ourselves the best we can and encourage everyone else to do the same :)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Time of day shouldn't matter - quantity (and maybe time of day) can matter if you have issues with insulin resistance (or insulin generally).

Fwiw, as a diabetic, time of day does seem to matter to *me* (but of course, my mileage varies, and it's usually bad :smile: ).
    Also, I probably represent less than a percent of the general population...
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I eat them all day long

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I second that. Including the noming.
  • msradio
    msradio Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i EAT MY CARBS AT NIGHT IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER BECUZ I TRY NOT TO EAT AFT 7 OR 8PM ANYWAY AND I ALWAYS WORKOUT FOR AT LEAST A 1/2 HR AT NIGHT AFT I EAT AND I'M STILL LOSING I DON'T THINK IT REALLY MATTERS
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat carbs whenever I damn well please.

^This...I don't pay attention to carbs and I have had no problems losing almost 100 pounds in 12 months.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    [Uhh...that's just crazy. There is no scientific evidence that it matters what time you eat anything. None what-so-ever.

Actually there is...but there is evidence that supports both.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    All day long.

Watch The Weight of the Nation (aired last week on HBO--it's a 4 part documentary).

Just eat less of each thing but a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I honestly eat what I want whenever, as long as I stay under my cals. I generally eat mostly healthy stuff though and so far it's worked, as I've lost 34lbs since Jan. :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    P.S. The nations of the world where people live the longest all eat carbs. They just get more daily activity compared to us lazy lazy Americans.
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I try to eat my carbs in the morning/lunch
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    I love crabs and i eat them all times of the day. Not effected the weight loss at all! As long as i am within my calories and within my carbs and fats and sodium. I eat whatever and when i want.
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Options
    I definitely like to eat most of mine early. But then, I am on a low carb diet and only eat 50-100g a day
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    All day, err'day.

word
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat my carbs pretty much all the time. Aaand I don't eat anything after 12AM... mainly because the journals are restarted at that time and that's just confusing... xD
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I get my carbs during the day only from veggies. Any other carbs I eat post workout (around 6-7 PM).
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat a diet high in carbs morning, noon and night! No reason not to.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Why can't you work off carbs at night? Your body doesn't shut down you know.
    4759 posts and not one of them positive.
  • randall774
    randall774 Posts: 37
    Options
    I think that as long as you are in ur cals for the day you are safe.

This line of thinking always irks me. One should consider the quality of calories rather than just the quantity. Eat a diet of 1,500 calories of fast food and 1,500 calories of veggies, fruits, and lean meats and see what difference it makes in your weight loss and overall health.

^^^ agree with this