Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options
I'm gona be home alone tonight till after dark, and I love to scare myself... :devil: So if you've ever had an experience with a spirit - Share!!!!

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The scariest thing that ever happened to me was realizing my (at-the-time) gf would eventually turn into her mother *shudder*
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I do. I've had quite a lot of experiences, and it takes me a while to recall them all so I won't bother going through them, but I've not had an experience in a fair few years, now. Last was about half a decade ago.

I'm not sure what I believe about them, though. I obviously believe in what I've experienced, but I'm atheist and I don't truly believe in life after death - despite my undeniable experiences to the contrary, the biggest part of me still believes that when we're dead, we're gone. Very confusing stuff.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love Ghost Hunters and some of the last episodes before Grant left were great! If you have On Demand - download them.
  • SnowWhite824
    SnowWhite824 Posts: 210
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ummm OK.......

No I have never believed in ghosts... I hate the 'ghost' shows I have been in some creepy places and never seen anything that I would say was a ghost. I think the human mind fills in missing information, so if you are thinking there is a ghhost and hear something and it is dark your mind will fill in the blanks with a ghost....
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    my experiences, if told here, would surely get me flamed by the devout religious people.

I would rather only speak about them in a non-judgemental environment.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Yes. I believe in them.

This is my aunt's blog, she's an intuitive. http://diaryofanintuitive.blogspot.ca/?spref=fb

She has some interesting stories. She connects with her mom (my oma) and her son (my cousin who passed last year at 25 along with his girlfriend and family dog) often. She's always had this connection with spirits for as long as I can remember. My dad's/her aunt also connects to spirits and has since she was a child.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Aah Chris, the non believer. lol

Amongstwaves - Totally understand... though kinda bummed!! lol

And to the athiest whos post I can't find.... I'm in the same boat as you. I've never in my life believed in God or anything of that sort (Sunday school was not my favorite time of the week!!) but I know that I do believe in spirits. I can't explain it, but I believe / know it.

Typhanee - I only read the first two lines - Then I realized what it was about and stopped reading!!!!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    This is a true story that happened very recently. A widow in our church was at home and alone when her cell phone rang. The caller I.D. said the call was coming from her land line (the house she was in). She answered the phone, but there was no one on the line. She just said. " I miss you and I love you" and hung up the phone. It was the 1 year anniversary of her husbands death. This is not the type of woman to make up a story, so I believe her 100 percent.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    Yes. I believe in them.

This is my aunt's blog, she's an intuitive. http://diaryofanintuitive.blogspot.ca/?spref=fb

She has some interesting stories. She connects with her mom (my oma) and her son (my cousin who passed last year at 25 along with his girlfriend and family dog) often. She's always had this connection with spirits for as long as I can remember. My dad's/her aunt also connects to spirits and has since she was a child.

Thanks for the link - Looking forward to having a good read!
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump, i wanna know these!

I was on the bus on my way to school one day. and there was a child behind the bus, that I knoew 10000000% we hit. When we turned around no one was there. It could only be a spirit.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

It reminds me of the movie ghost... with whopie goldburg and some other people I can't remember
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Ghost Adventures in Virginia City, NV & The Goldfield Hotel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ_saMYSDlc (Goldfield)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVvRi3W_2ZQ (VC)
  • JonGrandi88
    JonGrandi88 Posts: 137
    Options
    I will Never forget it was late at night I was laying in my bed with the tv on like I always do because I can only fall asleep to Music or Tv. So I was awaken by what felt like crawling onto my bed and then it felt like a little kid jumping on my bed (almost like a kid would on christmas morning). It scared the **** out of me I didnt know what the hell It was doing than I looked at my tv and it was still on and skipped to like 4 random channels than shut off to put me into pitch black. Im jumped the hell out of the bed to make sure I wasn't dreaming this and I wasn't! I checked the entire house to see if anyone else was there and the house was empty just like it should be. I later was able to fall asleep again still don't know what the hell the spirit was from.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

It reminds me of the movie ghost... with whopie goldburg and some other people I can't remember
    What?! Somebody stole my story?! :angry:
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump, I love ghost stories!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My grandma lived in a house we believed to be haunted, usually things went missing and turned up in odd places. I loved the show "Psychic Challenge" I think it was on TLC a few years ago, and it was amazing what some of them can do. They had different challenges but one was where they took them to the scene of a crime and they had to describe it and it was uncanny how some of them could get details.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been on several investigations around here actually. My in-laws house is haunted. By several ghosts actually. It was built in the late 1800's by a doctor, served as his clinic for years then was turned into a morgue/mortuary by his son and then remodeled in the 70's. My FIL was doing an evp session in the house ( I should add that my FIL is a preacher) and when we listened back, there was some static, some very faint voices and then at the very end when my FIL said "thank you very much for your time" we got a reply of "you are very welcome!" We think that it is the doctor that is still there. My kids refuse to sleep upstairs because of all the "footsteps" and doors closing and the lady that stands at the end of the bed according to my daughter. My MIL told us that one night she kept hearing doors slamming and yelled upstairs for my FIL to stop slamming the doors only to realize that he was not even home! lol

I have tons of stories and experiences. Too many to type!