Do you believe in ghosts/spirits? Share your experiences!!

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I had a ghost follow me home from a friend's house. I had stayed the night (in WV), and after she told me about the little girl who rides her bike and plays with a ball in the hallway, she tells me she's putting me in the room with Michael. I asked who Michael was and she said "Oh, he's harmless! He just taps on the window." :noway: So of course it took me hours to fall asleep because I'm listening for the little girl AND the tapping, neither of which happened. I go home, I'm sitting at my computer doing some work and I hear what sounds like someone throwing stones at my daughter's bedroom window across the hall from my room. I look in there and I don't see anything. Sit back down at the computer, and I hear something fall over in the kitchen. All the kids lunchboxes and mini coolers were on the floor. They'd been sitting on top of a flat top cooler, so there was no way they could fall over by themselves. Dogs weren't running around, and I was home by myself. I put them back, went back to the computer and as soon as I sat down it happened again. It happened one more time, then I put two and two together...the tapping...Michael! DAMN IT! So I went back into the kitchen and pointed in the direction of the coolers and said "CUT IT OUT!" That was it. Never happened again. MD Paranormal Society said I probably reminded him of someone he knew, and that was why he followed me home. That made me feel bad for yelling at him. :frown:

I'm coming back to read everyone else's stories tomorrow. Have to go home! To no Michael. :smile:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

It reminds me of the movie ghost... with whopie goldburg and some other people I can't remember
    What?! Somebody stole my story?! :angry:

I.Can't.Stop.Laughing.

I have never had any definitive experiences of my own, and I am a pretty skeptical person, but working with night personnel in hospitals, I 100% believe the stories that people have told me about patients 'seeing' other patients who died in their room.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Ghosts are Cool.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    WTH, I'll subject myself the possibility of scrutiny. I pretty much don't care.

I've had a few. On my way to work a few months ago, I stopped at the corner to turn onto the main road. It was about 4:30 am so it was really dark. I had looked both ways before pulling out, and saw nothing. I got halfway through the turn and realized I was about to hit a tall man standing in the middle of the road. I slammed on the brakes, and closed my eyes to calm down (for just a few seconds) but he was gone when I opened them.

Two or three days after that, I nearly walked into someone at work, stepping around a corner, but there wasn't anyone there, either. I asked. When I described him, my co-worker said that he used to work there, but had passed away.

Last week, I was walking down the hallway at work and saw a co-worker who had passed away in our ER several months ago. He was just standing there smiling, like he always used to.

The creepiest two for me were the time my coworker and I heard something fall, and when we went to the breakroom, a tupperware had "fallen" from the lockers on one side of the room, and landed flush with the door on the otherside of the room. We still haven't found a plausible reason for this, because it would take a lot of force to have gotten it that far.

And then the time my daughter came to me at night and told me she couldn't sleep because the boy in her room wanted to play with her. She tried to show me where he was, and she even told me where he was sitting. There wasn't anyone in there, but I decided to play along, and asked her what he looked like, she told me he looked just like her Uncle Micheal, except his hair wasn't red. My heart stopped, because my little brother looks like his namesake, our Uncle Mike, who died when he was 17. Mike had brown hair, my brother has red. I was a bit surprised that he showed himself to her, I've only ever felt him.

Oh, I also forgot that both my mom and I have seen my aunt who passed away 2 years ago walking around in the house I live in right now....

I'm sure I could come up with more, maybe.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    How much I want to, I have never experienced a haunting... short of watching hollywood "magic".

My a few of my family members, and old friends, swear up and down that they seen and experienced an evil, angry poltigist... how ever you spell that... but doing the same thing as them, sleeping where they sleep... I never got anything.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We have somthing living in my house.

Here is one of the 'happenings'

When we first moved in we turned the basement into the kids toy room. When the boys were old enough to play without adult supervision, one of my sons refused to go down stairs.
    This went on for weeks. Drove me freaking crazy! I kept asking him why and he wouldn't tell me.

Anyway a few weeks went by and I was in the basement with both boys doing laundry (this is the unfinished part with my laundry room) My son stopped what he was doing and said. "There's the monster Mommy."

Not wanting to squash his imagination I replied "Where's the monster Gabe."
    He pointed to the dead center of the room, well lit, and said "There's the monster Mommy."
    I stared at nothing and a little worried then asked "What's the Monster look like Gabe."
    "He used to be a boy mommy."

It took me a month to start doing laundry at night by myself again.

Anyway that's just one of the events. Feel free to friend me if you want to read more.
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    I have a very old home, rent out the second floor. I have had quite a few tenants that saw or heard things that freaked them out. I have had a few experiences and a few of my friends or family that stayed overnight have seen things as well. Too many stories to tell... would take all night! lol
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! 100%. This is a dangerous subject because if I'm too honest some folks may think I've lost my marbles. With regards to all the research I've done about the subject along with my personal experiences..........I can say this with absolute certainty..........the spirit world does exist.......and souls belonging to the spirit world constantly communicate with all of us speaking a unique language only few are aware of and can interpret. There's a lot more going on out there than people realize.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    They absolutely exist. Absolutely no doubt. They live at my mom's house, and many many many guests can tell you different stories, and some similar. Aparently, they liked to play billards. True story. Scared the crap out of a few people who wont go to their house anymore.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm gona be home alone tonight till after dark, and I love to scare myself... :devil: So if you've ever had an experience with a spirit - Share!!!!

Okay, I normally don't reply to non-health stuff on MFP (just because I'm really busy) and I normally avoid posting about things that are likely to make me get reamed by some MFP-ers but I always like telling this story so here we go. Let me preface this by saying- I am not saying 100% that this was a ghost- it's just something that I cannot explain for the life of me so I think it's a possibility. So anyone who reads this- make up your own mind.

You may (or may not--I'm not sure how popular the story is outside of NorCal) have heard of a Toys R Us in Sunnyvale, CA that has a rumor of being haunted (long story short, the land used to be cherry orchards and the store was built on top of where a well was, and land owner fell down the well and died). A lot of people I knew worked at that store at some point and talked of un-explainable things that had happened. Some people thought the whole shopping complex was haunted since it was all part of the same orchard but that things went less noticed since most of the activity seemed to happen at Toys R Us.

Well, I was a supervisor at the Petco in that complex. I had never really given much thought to the stories and never once thought that anything would happen at Petco. One night, I had closed the store with my two closing employees and was in the office sorting out the money. This office, as well as our "wellness room" (room for sick or injured animals being treated) were in the very back of the store, through these two huge, heavy black doors that led to the warehouse. I had already checked the wellness room and locked it- being a supervisor, I was the only one with the key. In the office, I could see on our monitors that the other two employees were walking around on the floor, cleaning up the store. I was the only one in the back area. It was completely quiet and then I heard a loud crash that sounded like it came from the wellness room (it shared a wall with the office). I saw that the employees were still on the floor, NOT in the back (and I would have heard them come through the black doors anyway). I unlocked the wellness room and went in. A cage full of baby mice (a mouse had accidentally gotten pregnant and gave birth) had fallen off a shelf and crashed to the floor. I could NOT figure out how that thing fell. When I had closed up the wellness room, that cage (a 10-gallon fish tank which is pretty heavy when filled with bedding and little houses, wheels, and food dishes, toys, etc., plus the mice) was all the way onto the shelf and all the shelves in that room had a lip maybe half a centimeter tall to keep anything from accidentally getting pushed off. I searched the room but found nothing that could explain it. Later that week someone found a baby python that had escaped so people blamed that. BUT it seems impossible that a 14-inch long baby snake could LIFT a solid glass tank that weighed at least 10 lbs AND push it at least 6-10 inches over the edge to get it to fall. Plus none of the mice, dead or alive, were missing. That was about 7 or 8 years ago and I still can't think of what could have caused that.
  • vade43113
    Options
    Can someone tell me then, why are some people able to sense them and others can't?
  • neverstray
    Options
    Can someone tell me then, why are some people able to sense them and others can't?

Everyone can see them at my mom's house. You don't have to be special. You just have to be there.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    My dads grandma owned a house in the country which we almost inherited (glad we didn't) The toilet was outside and would have to get up in the night to go, he once saw a girl in the house, he said it was very strange! obviously it wasn't his sister because she was too young. I have heard numerous things growing up, two children running a long the corridor in my old house which was strange as it was only 20 years old, I remember what was said "c'mon uen" no idea how to spell the name. In a previous house which was much older and we were in the servants quarters I felt someone stand behind me, I wasn't scared though I felt happy weirdly.
    My grandads house is definitely haunted, my nan slipped into a coma and later died after forgetting to switch her oxygen machine on. I once stayed there a couple of years later and woke up suddenly to see a very bright light standing at the end of my bed, i'm sure it was her, all her clothes were still in that room at the time. It made me sad and still makes me sad because I miss her so much 10 years later.
    It's weird how I can sense things, theres a strange energy in my parents house that keeps me on edge , I don't know why.

My opinion on ghosts is that they could just be imprints and just going about what they did before they died but theres so many stories of communicating, we really don't know!

These are stories from when I was young so it could have been anything in my young mind. I'm very open minded but try not to scare myself too much convincing myself that somethings going to happen when i turn off the light!
  • vade43113
    Options

Everyone can see them at my mom's house. You don't have to be special. You just have to be there.

Someone said the same thing, about a friend of mine's house... I spent three days there, and nothing.... other than pizza, games and tons of unhealthy foods
  • teespikes
    teespikes Posts: 31
    Options
    100% I believe in the spirit world! Have had some pretty awsome things happen!
    You have to believe to see!!!!!
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    I am really enjoying these stories. Interesting to read.

I have only experienced a haunting by one person. I was raised by my Papa for the most part. My actual father abused me to the point of black eyes, bruises, and everything. My papa was where I went to be safe. He would always tell me that i was his little angel. He would hold me close and tell me that he was never going anywhere. One night I had to go back home to my abusive father and my Papa held me very close that night and told me that everything would be okay. I was only 9 years old and he gave me one of those hugs that lasted forever. I thought nothing of it.

The next morning when I came home from school to see my papa he wasn't there. I was told that he had went to the grocery store after I had left and was in a terrible car accident. He didn't make it.

Now 10 years has past and I am 20 years old. My papa was right though, he never did leave me. I have had a few instances where I have felt his presence.

My papa used to tap his foot when he would stand at the kitchen sink. I still hear it in the morning when I wake up. I can still hear his laugh sometimes at night when everything is quiet. I have gone out into the kitchen to see if he is there, but of course I can only hear him. And when I have something emotionally difficult happen when I start to cry, i feel as if something warm is against me, like when he would hug me.

The house is very old, built in the 1920s by my papa's dad. When I go down into the basement which is all just cement and the only way to turn on a light is a pull down chain on the light bulbs, I see things move and rattle. That was where all of his tools were, and where he would tinker around and I would go watch and talk with him as a very little girl. 2 days after his death I went down there to be alone, and I saw his big flashlight we used to make hand puppets with start to move and shake back and forth on the table. I was scared at first, but I knew it was just a sign that he was still with me.

May seem silly to some, or even ignorant. But since I was 9 years old I have always believed in spirits. Maybe I am just holding on to the past, but I believe want I want :flowerforyou:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

some people are observant to their surroundings, and others aren't. Kinda a quantum physics thing.

Things are there because we expect them to be, but are they really there? We see them, but is it a hologram? an oasis? a mirage? People tend to like to give blanket explanations for the unknown, and others want to know more.
  • neverstray
    Options

Someone said the same thing, about a friend of mine's house... I spent three days there, and nothing.... other than pizza, games and tons of unhealthy foods

At my moms house, it wasn't all the time. Just sometimes. But, they had a lot of friends that stayed there when they were visiting. When you get all these people together, the stories they tell about what thye see and hear is amazing. It's not just a few people, it's a lot of people that tell sort of similar stories.

There was a very bad car accident on their property about 10 years ago. They drove off the road and into a tree on their property. Both adults and a small child were all killed. Right after that happened, they said the ghost activity was really intense for a little while, and then it settled down. They spent some time trying to talk to them and figure out what they wanted or why they were there, but couldn't get that far with them. They seem friendly enough, and other than it just freaking people out, they are harmless. So, it's no big deal. But, they have a few friends that just wont go there.
  • SnowWhite824
    SnowWhite824 Posts: 210
    Options

Some people are open to it, and some are not. And by "open" I don't mean that some want to see it, and some don't because they don't believe in it - Its not something one can controll, its just the way they are... Almost like a "gift" they are born with. I have a gift of being able to eath almost any amount of spice and it doesn't bother me. My husband, on the other hand, cannot take any spice without sweating through his shirt. I didn't do anything to be able to handle it, its just me. I know spirits v. spice isn't a good comparison, but its all I could come up with having having this horrible head congestion all day!! lol
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sam Wheat and his fiancée Molly Jensen live in Manhattan. Sam has a high powered job at a local bank, and Molly works on ceramic art. Sam's friend Carl Bruner also works at the bank. Sam holds the passwords to some of the bank's major accounts. While returning home from a movie theater, Sam and Molly are attacked by a mugger named Willie Lopez. As Sam and Willie struggle over Willie's gun, a shot rings out, and Willie runs off. Sam chases Willie, but Willie escapes. Sam then runs back to Molly to see if she's alright -- but Sam finds himself dead in a devastated Molly's arms, and Sam realizes that he is now a ghost. Later, Willie finds Sam and Molly's home, and breaks in while Molly is busy in the bedroom. Sam scares Willie off before Willie can do anything. Molly didn't even know Willie and Sam were in the place. Sam follows Willie to his home, and wants to have Molly turn Willie in, but Sam can't communicate with Molly because Molly can't see him or hear him. Sam visits spiritualist Ona May Brown, who can hear him, but not see him. When Sam convinces Ona May to talk to Molly, Molly refuses to believe what Ona May says, and Carl tells Molly to have nothing to do with Ona May. Sam follows Carl to Willie's apartment, thinking that Carl is about to confront Willie, but instead, Sam watches in shock as Carl chews Willie out for killing Sam. Willie was not supposed to kill Sam -- Willie was supposed to steal the account passwords from Sam's wallet for Carl, so Carl could carry out a drug money laundering operation. Now Sam and Ona May must protect Molly from both Willie and Carl, who thinks the account passwords are in Molly's home.

Whats sad is that you actually took the time to do this..... :huh:

What's REALLY sad is that you took the time to read it. And so did I. :laugh:

It reminds me of the movie ghost... with whopie goldburg and some other people I can't remember
    What?! Somebody stole my story?! :angry:

you guys are killing me LOL :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: