5'1" need to lose 20 lbs...Short ladies???

Options

Replies

• 4rgl
    4rgl Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi, I'm also 5'1 and pretty new here.
    I started out at around 135 and am down to 127, my goal is to get down to somewhere between 100-115 and then work on adding some muscle once I get leaner.
    So, I too have about 20 lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me, this is not just for the OP but for anyone who needs motivation/support..

:)
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    how lovely to see some fellow shortys im 5ft 1 , whilst i only need to lose maybe another 8lb ive been stuck where i am for ages so i need a good push to get where i want to be, i was 159lb just after giving birth and im now 127lbs. i have 3 young children , i also baorderline anemic, diabetic with a mild liver function disorder, my gp has told me i have to live a healthy lifestyle and hopefully i should feel better soon, so fingers crossed and good luck to us all!
  • hishappy
    hishappy Posts: 11
    Options
    hi im a shorty.......5ft!! if only i was 5ft 8inch i wouldnt be fat lol. Ive been on here just over a wk and aim to lose 30lbs, feel free to add me :)
  • wackyjackie1979
    Options
    i jined yesterday looking to meet friends that will support me on my long journey of weight loss add me anyone
  • chubbster17
    chubbster17 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and need to lose 30ish pounds? :)
    Feel free to add me, I'm on here quite a lot so will try my best to support you! :)
    Izzie x
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and have about 63 more to lose! Feel free to add me!
  • msmed
    msmed Posts: 7
    Options
    Fellow shorty here - 5'0" and need to lose about 30 pounds. It does seem it's harder when you're short - we can't get away with even an extra pound! My midsection is the major problem area. I just started this and it's really been eye opening to see how many calories I was consuming.
  • traciandharold
    traciandharold Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't wait to add all of you, it definitely seems harder to lose weight if you're short. Or maybe I just like to make excuses for myself!! I look forward to hearing what everyone does to exercise, I am beginning with yoga and walking, just for the first week since I am so out of shape, I don't know how the contestants do it right off the bat on Biggest Loser!
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    5"3 here..lol Im in the same boat! but ive known I was fat for a long time...lol
  • tedeez
    tedeez Posts: 18
    Options
    Im 5'2.5".... add me as well:smile:
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, almost 24, and started out at a HW of 133 around this time last year. Now I am 118-120 (depending on the day) and hoping to get to an UGW between 110-115. Take it slow and steady and the hard work will pay off!
  • LBash03
    LBash03 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am 5'0" and I also need to lose 20 lbs! I have about 2 and half months before I go home for a wedding and I want to be back to where I was before I left!
  • agray58
    agray58 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hiya, I'm a statuesque 5' 5" but in the same boat as I have weight to lose. I really hope we can all do it together :o)
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5'2", 15 lbs to go ^_^

HELLOOO
  • keaani34
    keaani34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    am 5'1 I have already lost 44 pounds and need to lose another 50 or 60lbs. I don't think it's harder to lose weight when your shorter however we have to lose more to look thiner, I think because we are short we always look bigger than we really are :(, feel free to add me if you need a friend!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a while now, I'm 5ft1 and started around 155, now down to 132 and would like to lose the last 10 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I've never been clinically overweight, but that's only because I've made an effort as I've gotten older and my metabolism has slowed. I've educated myself, monitored my calorie intake when necessary, and been willing to change my lifestyle.

If you can do those things and resume after missteps (which will occur) you should be fine.
  • agray58
    agray58 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've just started hula hooping - I'm having great fun and managed to get the hang of it once I'd stopped laughing at myself. If you're looking for something different why not give it a go? Good luck with your weightloss goal!
  • lishamat
    lishamat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and looking for buddies for support also . Add me!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and have been maintaining my goal weight for about 8 months now. But I can always use motivation to workout. Feel free to add me!