5'1" need to lose 20 lbs...Short ladies???

Options

Replies

• Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" and need to lose just over 20 lbs, so pretty much in the same boat as you.

I just started about a month ago and it's surprisingly fun!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2" and want to lose at least 30 more lbs, and probably more when I get to that weight. MFP has been the best thing for me with helping me keep up with what I eat and exercise. First time in life have actually lost this much weight, but decided in January this was year for me to eat healthy (not diet) and exercise. It is working.
  • chelseabear1993
    Options
    I'm 5'3 ! i would like to lose 30 pounds but i just cannot keep the motivation up :(
  • kristenjeanfit
    kristenjeanfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, 24 years old, and looking to loose about 20lbs!
    All are welcome to add me! I am new to the community!
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I'm 5'1 and have already lost 46lbs and looking to lose about 20-30 more! Add me and we can motivate each other :-)
  • matisse0683
    matisse0683 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 5'2" (5'3" on a GOOD DAY!) and looking to lose 15-20 more pounds. I am down 15lbs already (started at 148)! I started MFP January 1st and it has been a slow and steady process since then. I was a healthy 115lbs at my wedding two years ago, but a stressful job and long commute derailed my healthy eating - now I'm trying to backtrack to where I started and felt my best. Please feel free to add me!
  • joy_phillips
    Options
    Hi! I'm 4'11, but I round up to 5' with shoes on! I'm trying to lose 25 lbs. for a start. I was always tiny until having kids and diagnosed hypothyroid. I'm 38 now too, so I'm sure age plays a part of this slowing metabolism! I don't recognize myself any more and would love to find other supportive friends on MFP. Please feel free to add me!
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5"4 inches tall would love to support you
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm sort of short...5'5", but I still shop in petites so... add me! I'd love to support you in this fitness journey :-)
  • 1Andress
    1Andress Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey I am 5'2" need to lose 50lbs so I feel you completely
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I don't know if it's necessarily harder to lose weight when you're shorter, but I do know that we can't carry our weight like taller people can ... if I were even just 2" taller I probably wouldn't even consider wanting to lose any weight. That's what sucks about being short.

:smile:
  • vlatham_2006
    Options
    I am 5' 3", and need to lose 20lbs. I moved abroad a few years ago, and stopped exercising, and really hit the carbs. I am so tired of being overweight. I am motivated, and excited to finally get this weight off, and be healthy! I would love lots of friends, you can add me if you like. Lets do this!! : )
  • cumber1137
    cumber1137 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4'11" and looking to lose 15-20 pounds. It's really starting to show on my body. I'm not drinking pop anymore and I'm downsizing my bread intake. Also, upping the veggies!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I think this post is kinda old, but I'm 5'1 and need to lose about 25. I'm witcha if you wanna work on it :)
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started again in January, and in the same boat as you. Well, I would like to lose 30 lbs.. Please add me as a friend if you would like. I also would like the moral support and someone to keep me motivated. :smile:
  • rhea_random
    rhea_random Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'1" and I need to loss pretty much a whole person (110). Starting to get to a point the weight is hurting my movement.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    4'11 and looking to lose 15-20 pounds.Feel free to add me.... always looking for new friends and support
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and lost 14 of my 20 lb goal. My focus is fitness and weight management. You are welcome to add me, please read my profile first.
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Im vertically challenged at 4'11 (LOL) and need to lose about 12 lbs. Anyone can add me!
  • acmendrek
    acmendrek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'2" and need to lose 60lbs! :flowerforyou: