5'1" need to lose 20 lbs...Short ladies???

Options

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and currently I've lost just over 30lbs with another 30lb to go!

Feel free to add me, I've been playing this weightloss game for some time so I know a fair bit :)
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my weight was 136 and now I am down to 124 looking to get between 118-120! Feel free to add me if you like, I love having other short girls as friends, it's way easier to motivate each other if we are the same! :)
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 1/2!! so def a shorty here as well! welcome to any and all friend requests :flowerforyou: I'm looking to lose about 10 or so more pounds and just tone up to feel great about myself. Always up to motivate others on their journey and keep going through the ups and downs!

- shawn
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I"m 4' 11", SW was 168, CW is $139.5, GW is 115
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5' even. Please feel free to add me. My only requirement is that you are as supportive as I will be to you.:heart:

Lost 50 and need to lose 40 to 50 more.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1". I started my weight loss journey April 4th. I started at 201 pounds and have lost 13 pounds so far. I would like to get somewhere around 115-130. Feel free to add me
  • MrsJBC
    MrsJBC Posts: 10
    Options
    Add me to the short girl list. I'm around 5'3" and I need to lose 80 lbs. Eeek! I've just become serious about portion control and calorie counting. I've lurked on MFP off and on for several months but this time I'm for real. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am a shortie as well but I am only 4'11.5. I used to weigh 196.5 and I now curently weight 147, and I want to lose another 17-20 pounds. I lost this weight before finding MFP and I am hoping this website and it people will help me lose these last pounds. I have been a member for a few months and I have lost 4 pounds so far - still trying to find the right groove.

Feel free to add me. I will say that I try to be supportive to the freinds I currently have and I appreciate supportive friends in return.

Cheers
    Claudette
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a while now, I'm 5ft1 and started around 155, now down to 132 and would like to lose the last 10 lbs. Feel free to add me!

Snap (except I've lost all my motivation and I'm sitting on 136).

Turbofire for the total exercise win.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and joined looking to lose 20lbs as well, I'm down 13lbs so far.

What has helped me the most is lots of cardio from the elliptical and Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred video.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me for support!
  • Jasmyne52
    Jasmyne52 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sadly, it really is calories in calories out and working out to cause you to burn more calories than you consume. Who knew it could be so sensible and so excruciatingly hard at the same time. Do your best ladies and gentlemen. With us being so short we must all work hard to get as lean as possible, get the belly fat off and as we get thinner we will all look taller. That's what I'd love most. "When I let go of what I am, i become what I might be. Lao Tzu
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't wait to add all of you, it definitely seems harder to lose weight if you're short. Or maybe I just like to make excuses for myself!! I look forward to hearing what everyone does to exercise, I am beginning with yoga and walking, just for the first week since I am so out of shape, I don't know how the contestants do it right off the bat on Biggest Loser!

I don't have that much to lose, but I'm 5'1" as well! Nah, you're not making excuses. I don't know if it's necessarily harder to lose weight when you're shorter, but I do know that we can't carry our weight like taller people can. I'm 114lbs right now, and if I were even just 2" taller I probably wouldn't even consider wanting to lose any weight. That's what sucks about being short.
  • imelissa11
    imelissa11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello I just started MFP coming from lose it! Im 5'1 and have 25 pounds to loose :) please add me I could use some friends
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" - looking to lose between 10-15 more lbs, already down 10! I was dropping really consistently at first, but definitely sabotage myself on the weekends so I'm turning to the message boards for support and looking to add friends who will keep me accountable! Feel free to add me.
  • suziesoule
    suziesoule Posts: 13
    Options
    You can add me to your friends. I'm 5'0" and looking to lose 10 pounds to start. It is harder for us shorties to lose weight because we don't expend as much energy when we are exercising. I have tried to use a weight vest to help when walking. It does help. One positive is the scale is nicer to us even if the mirrors are not. :laugh:
  • willow_wynn
    Options
    Wow, you certainly got a lot of replies to this. LoL. So I'm only about 5'5"... I'm definitely a bit taller than some of the other replies I've seen on here. I'm looking to lose around 50, preferably more, but 50 by November. You can add me as a friend if you would like and we can keep up with each other. I like a healthy (all puns intended) competition. :) In any case, good luck, be well and enjoy the process.
  • mandm24
    mandm24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" I could stand lose about 10 lbs but more would be fine too. I find it easy to stay at 1300 but I guess I have to work in the exercise more often then once a week because the scale has not budged. I'mlLooking for motivation to workout everyday not that I can limit the calories more easily.
  • geenbean
    geenbean Posts: 1
    Options
    Barely 5'1"....need to lose about 30! Used to be a gymnast, then went to college and gained about 20lbs. Would like to be anywhere from 110-120
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am a 37yr old 5'2" lady who is looking to lose at least 20lbs or 30lbs...Depends on how I feel at the 20lb mark!! Sent you a friend request.... :)
  • heyschlu
    heyschlu Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! Are you exercising? Your metabolism may need a boost, or you could be gaining muscle if you are working out (so no apparent movement on the scale). How are the clothes fitting? P.S. I just looked at the BMI tool and it says it only works for people 5' or taller...maybe the calorie calculations are off (for you) too??? Just some thoughts. Regardless of your weight, are you doing this to improve health? Do you feel better? Keep going! What you're doing for yourself is marvelous!