JUNE STARTERS, jULY 20th WEIGH IN!

124»

Replies

• schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Welcome Kisha! You're definitely not alone!! :flowerforyou: And I agree, Kandy Jo IS awesome!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member

I’m really excited about this group and that an invitation was extended my way (thanks again Kandy Jo! You’re awesome!) when I was feeling so discouraged and alone. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks for reading!
    Kisha
    I'm so happy you decided to join us! I was sad to read last week that you felt the website wasn't a positive experiance for you, good luck (not that you need it you've already started losing!)
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 57 Member
    :ohwell: I have been gone for awhile, out on vacation since June 26th and am just now getting back to MFP. But I am part of the June Starters so I thought I would come here first and weigh in

SW: 174
    CW: 168
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Welcome back dlhenry! :flowerforyou:
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Okay weighing in:

SW: 164
    LW: back down to 160 after being up
    CW: 161 up a pound but I don't care at all because last Sunday I completed my first half marathon! Ran the whole thing in 2.5 hours and didn't stop once! :drinker: From Napa to Sonoma! YAY!
    GW: 144

I really want to get past the 60s and into the 50s....anyone find a way to break through a plateau?
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Doh!!! Forgot to weigh in today!! Busy week. I will weigh in tomorrow. Congrats to all that lost this week!! Keep up the great work!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Okay weighing in:

CW: 161 up a pound but I don't care at all because last Sunday I completed my first half marathon! Ran the whole thing in 2.5 hours and didn't stop once! :drinker: From Napa to Sonoma! YAY!

I really want to get past the 60s and into the 50s....anyone find a way to break through a plateau?

CONGRATULATIONS!! A marathon! That is awesome! Great job, you should be very proud of yourself:drinker:
  • I am on week #4...lost 3 pounds last week. Happy with the progress so far.

SW 265
    LW 255.5
    CW 252.5
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Okay weighing in:

CONGRATULATIONS!! A marathon! That is awesome! Great job, you should be very proud of yourself:drinker:

thanks, but it was just a half marathon, not a full :) I'm still proud though!
  • Meags23
    Ok, so I weighed in.

SW: 142
    LW: 135.8
    CW: 136.8

So it's a gain of 1 pound, but that's okay! Congrats to everyone this week!!
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    JohnnysGirl34...you need to keep taking good care of yourself. Hope you're feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

I'm at 201 today. No change. I need to get back to logging my food. It's sort of funny, because I can spend time reading MFP threads, but I "forget" to enter my food! Better recommit to that food diary.
    It's great to read about the success so many in the group are having! :smile:

I don't log my food on here either...it takes too long for me...I log it in my blackberry calorie counter...but before I had the blackberry...I just wrote it down. Its too hard for me to sit down at the computer all the time...with two kids and going to school...but definetly log somewhere...:wink:
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109

I've learned the best way to push through that plateau is by altering your caloric intake. If you're used to taking in 1200...take a day and take in 1500. Never go above 1800, but alter your caloric intake. Also...add weight training if you haven't yet. Building fat burning muscle will speed up your weight loss!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Well, here I am weighing in a day late...sorry :wink:
    BUT... I didn't have a loss....

SW 230
    LW220
    CW 220

Its my TOM so maybe that is having something to do with it.... hopefully in a few days I will have a loss....

Have an awesome day, JUNE STARTERS!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Okay weighing in:

WAY to go on your half marathon!!!! :drinker:
  • Meags23
    Hi Ladies,

Just finished the chart. It will be up in a few short minutes. Have a great weekend!! :bigsmile:
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Since I have been sick I have not been charting my food but will start tomorrow.
    on the Curves program you eat 1,250 for 1 week and then have 1,500 for 3 weeks and then 1,800 for a few days. you will lose the first week and then the idea is to maintain and boost your metabolism and if your weight goes up more than 2 pounds you go back to week 1. there is a little more to it than that but this is the idea! You can check it out on the internet! You don't have to go to Curves to use the idea! But this is agreeing with the idea of breaking a plateau by increasing your calories!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.