Turbo Jammers 7/20-7/26

Options

Replies

• lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So today I hit just over 1400 calories! Woohoo for me- and Ghanie I hope you're proud..haha. I am however over on my carbs by 10 (that is including my exercise), and still under in fats. Does that even out at all? Shouldn't have had that stupid potato:explode: ..lol I am having a hard time getting there with the fats-:grumble: I have hit my proteins dead on today (including my exercise again which I've been trying not to use yet:ohwell: ) I know I've got to work on it-one step at a time:smile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    So today I hit just over 1400 calories! Woohoo for me- and Ghanie I hope you're proud..haha. I am however over on my carbs by 10 (that is including my exercise), and still under in fats. Does that even out at all? Shouldn't have had that stupid potato:explode: ..lol I am having a hard time getting there with the fats-:grumble: I have hit my proteins dead on today (including my exercise again which I've been trying not to use yet:ohwell: ) I know I've got to work on it-one step at a time:smile:

Great going! And don't worry about the carbs ... 10g is nothing. :bigsmile:
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Today I had another 15 hour day- so glad I worked out this morning before hand. Unfortunately I was not able to do anything tonight when I got home. I'm move around a lot at work- I'm on my feet all day. Today I did not let myself overeat so that's a step in the right direction! Thanks for the suggestions with the protein bars.

Tomorrow is another day- luckily I only have to be at work for 2.5 hours.

~Erica
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Today I had another 15 hour day- so glad I worked out this morning before hand. Unfortunately I was not able to do anything tonight when I got home. I'm move around a lot at work- I'm on my feet all day. Today I did not let myself overeat so that's a step in the right direction! Thanks for the suggestions with the protein bars.

Tomorrow is another day- luckily I only have to be at work for 2.5 hours.

~Erica

Wow Erica...you're amazing! Good for you, working out before another 15 hour shift! I hope you plan on getting some well deserved rest tomorrow!! Great job on eating well too! :drinker:
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning girls:tongue:
    Wow it's almost afternoon..been a crazy day! Thank goodness it's FRIDAY:drinker:
    My massage got cancelled last night..so wasn't too happy:grumble: I did finish CE Burn though...my body was hurting a bit though!
    This am I did CE Burn It Off and treadmill sprints..said I'd just take it easy since body had been hurting..I think I burnt more cals this am than normal with that workout:laugh: Maybe I need to "just take it easy" every morning!:tongue:

Ghanie: Best of luck..I am sure you will adapt great!:happy:

Lil angel: How did your night out go? :drinker: Do you use the goals that MFP gives you? Don't fret over small amounts..just try to each day get a little better! And remember when eating..if you are not getting enough to eat and often enough...your body turns into starvation mode..and this will actually make you fatter (did you know that sumo wrestlers fast in the am and then eat a bunch at lunch to gain weight?). You can do it! It's hard to switch to more protein..but give yourself a break and be patient:wink:
    As far as eating late...I try to eat 2-3 hours before bed..and then if I HAVE to eat something small..but it's best to go to bed a litlte hungry as then your body is in fat burning mode ALL night!:happy:

Erica: Good for you keeping your head up..great job! Protein bars rule..I discovered these little Promax ones yesterday that are like 70 cals and SO good..might have to go get more of those! Or not..I might eat them all:laugh: Keep checking in..and enjoy your quiet day..:flowerforyou:

Hi Megan!!!:bigsmile:

Spiralgirl: How did you like PKJ? At first it took me time to get it down..now it's a fav! Good work out of you!!!:happy:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey everyone, my patient refused services so I was able to get some FB Jam today. I'm gonna head out to sign some papers. If I don't get another assignment, I'll just do ballet conditioning tomorrow.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I hope all is well:happy: My night out did not go as planned- actually it did not happen, so luckily I could stick to my diet but it would have been fun:grumble: Another time though!:tongue:
    Great work this morning Casey, that's what you get for saying "I'll take it easy" Haha! I've been having some knee trouble lately (from a previous soccer injury) but it's not getting me down:laugh: I am also going to look into those Promax protein bars-maybe my local health foods store will carry them? I'll take a gander over there tomorrow........:glasses:
    Ghanie-good luck with the new job--refusing treatment?:huh: Eeks! haha, but good job with Turbo!
    I have finished logging my meals and exercise for today- I TOTALLY KICKED BUTT with my diet today! :happy: :happy: :happy: I haven't been including my exercise cals yet as suggested- but I hit over 1400 and ate really WELL! I have to add- my Wonderful Tuna Salad at lunch was just that- WONDERFUL:love: I'll definately be making that again.
    I took the suggestion of not logging my AbJam/minor free weights work that I complete every night before bed and am chocking that up to extra..kind of like a little "safety zone" haha:smile:
    On another good note- It is my Saturday off tomorrow so that means I can get alot of things I've been putting off done- as well as workout as much as I want! Super excited to plan my day's diet for tomorrow as well-I find it really quite fun actually, and it simplifies everything for the next day! LOVE THIS SITE AND ALL OF YOU!!!:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey Angel, wow almost 1500 today, woot!

Well, my next assignment turned out to be a part time thing (Sunday through Friday) so it wont interfere with exercise. But I will have to go without food for the 4-hour shift ... that's home health for you!

Oh good news. I went shopping for scrubs today and I'm a small, woot!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    So just a small check here this AM- It's my day off so I slept in a bit-only like an hour ha! :blushing: But I am planning on trying out this new recipe for Oatrageous Chocolate Chip Pancakes-I'm going to sub the mini chocolate chips with sugar free chocolate syrup (I actually don't have chocolate chips in the house!-good for me!) We will see how they turn out! YUMMY
    Then I'm due for my morning bikeride, it's windy so this will be a challenge!
    Have a good morning all, I'll check back later!
  • ecrb77
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Yesterday on my day off I literally slept all day. I'm disappointed that I did not work out at all, but I guess I needed to sleep. I did stay within my diet though so that's good! Some things erupted at work after I left and 3 people from the corporate office wound up calling me to see how I was being treated at work. I wound up crying on the phone- I guess things were a lot worse than I let myself believe and they've been having a lot of problems at this hospital for awhile. It's good to know it wasn't just me and hopefully that will be what we will need to get through this next week!

Today I'm doing CardioParty and Ab Jam. I'm excited to spend part of the day at the pool!

Thank you for all for your support, advice and constant inspiration. I'm definitely going through a rough transition and this message board is truly helping me stay on track. I'm normally such an emotional eater I know if I didn't leave this message everyday I would be downing at least 1 container of Ben and Jerrys! I've officially lost 8.5 lbs in 1 month:)

Hope everyone has a terrific Saturday!
    ~Erica
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning! My Friday went well. I walked for 45 minutes and then did some squats, crunches and shoulder presses. The plan for today is Fat Blaster, Turbo Sculpt and a 20-minute Pilates ring workout.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Hey again everyone! Hope you're morning is going well:happy: My pancakes were fantastic!- a little more "creamy" because they are made with yogurt and the chocolate syrup instead but still great!:drinker:
    Good job yesterday Spiralgirl! And for today that is similar to my weekend schedule because I've got time off:tongue:
    Erica-It is okay to take a rest day-I know how you feel when you really know you should/want to work out, but you're body knows best:smile:

I had a couple questions- Tonight my friend is hosting a jewelry party. Now I have my meals planned out for the day (and I have saved a few extra carbs/fats for the nights "snacks". I know she is serving those Hillshire Farms Lil Wieners in some BBQ sauce, cheese, crackers, and fruits.) I have allotted myself 3 Lil Wieners (it really helps me to log it in), but was just wondering if I just had a couple crackers/cheese and some fruit if I can get away with that and not feel like I am cheating.....? Any advice would be really helpful-like I said, it is really helping me to log things in because I don't feel half as tempted as I was (much easier when I hit lunch/snack times and am staring into the fridge confused:indifferent: ). Plus it allows me to see almost exactly what I am eating each day:happy:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    but was just wondering if I just had a couple crackers/cheese and some fruit if I can get away with that and not feel like I am cheating.....?

You can certainly use a few cheese/crackers and fruit to nudge you more into the 1400's today.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance Ghanie:smile: . I have just completed as extra a 20-minute pilates round and pumped it up with a "Burn" Turbojam session. Not going to count those either..woo!:tongue: Next for this afternoon is AbJam so I can get that out of the way before the party tonight.
    Have a good afternoon all!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Finished my workouts as planned. Resting tomorrow but will check in.

Weigh in is Monday for me. How often does everyone take measurements? Should I be doing it weekly with my weigh in?
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ok, got the last Ballet Conditioning and am looking forward to rest day tomorrow.

I weigh in on Mondays and check measurements about every other week.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It's a cloudy, cool day here in MN, so I decided to take advantage of it and went for a 4.5mile run this morning. It was windy, so gave me a little challenge, but it felt great to get a good run in! My HRM showed just shy of 500 calories burned, I'll take that! Tomorrow I'm off for another run in the AM, pushing for 5mi!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • ecrb77
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone!

Last night I got in a 4 mile walk on top of Cardio Party and Ab Jam. Felt great to be so active and stay within my calories. :smile: Having a hard time staying in my sugar and sodium calories- any suggestions? Having 1 apple and 1 kiwi basically puts me over for the day in sugar!

Today I am going to do Turbo Sculpt and 20 minute Jam. How do you all list Turbo Sculpt on your calories? We have an office picnic today and I'm going to stay true to my calories and not over eat! :glasses:

Erika- great job pushing yourself on your runs!:drinker:

Have a good one!
    ~Erica
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good Morning all! It is a lovely Sunday AM here in NY:happy: I got up late today:grumble: ..the party last night went a little late and I guess my body was saying sleep in.. Needless to say, I put off breakfast until after TurboJam Cardio Party Remix, but I am now enjoying it:tongue: It is kind of a lazy morning for me it seems but I am going to try to squeeze my biking in as well:glasses:
    I am thinking of going to the GNC store today to look around a bit. Maybe get some whey protein powder so I can make shakes to add to my weekday breakfasts on the go. Any suggestions?
    I usually find myself eating a more filling diet on the weekends/days off (like this mornings english muffin/oatmeal) vs. weekdays where I gotta grab and go in the AM. Lunches then usually consist of salads (which is where more protein at breakfast is needed) though this weekend I made some pretty good recipes that would be appropriate to take to work for lunches as well..I'll figure this out yet!!! Thanks for all the help along the way!
    Good job with the workouts Erika and Erica!
    ~Check back later!~
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find my motivation to go for a run this morning, so decided to dust off an old DVD and get in a quick workout. Maybe I'll get my run in this evening...feeling lazy today for some reason!

Lilangel-I have tried the GNC 100% Whey in Cookies and Creme and Chocolate. I mix mine with milk. I don't like the taste of their Vanilla, so the Cookies and Creme isn't my favorite. I LOVE the Chocolate though. I've also used Designer When in Strawberry and liked that a lot. Good Luck!