Getting hate for wanting to recover from..

Options

Replies

• _TWLOHA_
    _TWLOHA_ Posts: 26
    Options
    Continue to eat.

Don't listen to those girls there f*cked up in the head and taking out there problems on others. I'm currently trying (still) to stop my Binge Purge eating. Some days I eat 600 some days 2000+. You have to keep trying and do it for yourself. If you have friends on your list that say crap like that delete them. It's hard and tempting to go back to old "safe" ways.

You can add me if you like. 69 pounds is scary low, please never go back to that.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Of course you should continue eating, but you probably need to be under a doctors care. And you need to find friends and support on here that match your goals. Just because they're anorexic too doesn't mean that they're here to help you. It sounds like they're feeding your fear of being fat instead of supporting you in your goal to get healthy. Delete them. And go to the doctor.

All of this. They are not supportive or helpful if they are trying to push you into continuing a lifestyle that you know isn't healthy. It's time for new friends.

I liken it to someone who is trying to stay off of drugs dropping their old friends that they used with.
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    keep on eating sweetie, it my be scary but you are doing a good thing by addressing your illness. its going to be hard just keep strong and you will have to deep with-in yourself. you can do it, stay on the road to becoming healthy because you are worth it. if you need support you can always message me.
  • jensterx3
    jensterx3 Posts: 21
    Options
    do what is healthy for your body and keep eating! don't let them bully you because in the end, it's YOUR life that's on the line. also remember, eating disorders are mental disorders, not just wanting to be skinny. you and other people with eating disorders may see your body as "pudgy" but to the average person that is not the case. as a former sufferer of an ED, I know. always, always, always do what's best for yourself. being healthy > being thin
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

A VERY recent change to our guidelines (within the past 24 hours) has made it against the guidelines to encourage eating disorders not only in the forums, where it's always been forbidden, but now also in profile posts, private messages, or anywhere at all on MyFitnessPal.

If you are being encouraged AWAY from recovery from an eating disorder, please contact me directly at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven and let me know the usernames of those who are violating the updated guideline, quoted below:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Where's the "like" or "+1" button? This is totally deserving. Thank you, MFP, for encouraging healthy lifestyles.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

A VERY recent change to our guidelines (within the past 24 hours) has made it against the guidelines to encourage eating disorders not only in the forums, where it's always been forbidden, but now also in profile posts, private messages, or anywhere at all on MyFitnessPal.

If you are being encouraged AWAY from recovery from an eating disorder, please contact me directly at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven and let me know the usernames of those who are violating the updated guideline, quoted below:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

That's great news, thank you so much Steven.

Its really sickening & at the same time alarming to see posts or threads promoting unhealthy ways.
  • naerae84
    naerae84 Posts: 12
    Options
    I struggle in my recovery from EDs and while I actively seek others who struggle with similar issues (people without EDs generally cannot relate at all to what we go through when trying to get to a healthy weight), I also block out people who are actively starving themselves. It is just as unhealthy for me to see their diaries as it is for me to restrict. Block them, don't let them poison your thinking.

I agree, I suffered from an eating disorder for years, even now i look in the mirror and think im overweight. even though the scales, doctors, friends and family tell me I am perfectly healthy.
    It has been a good 8 years and these thoughts still go on in my head, the best thing to do is to talk about it dont hide it! you will recover but your always have these horrible thoughts going through your head, just try your best to ignore them and any one else who wishes to bring you down.
    Im not on this site to lose weight im trying to maintain it, and to become healthy!
    Good luck in your journey, I can asure you it is a very hard one to walk alone.
    If you would like motivation to be healthy feel free to add me :) xx
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think you should get off this site and into a recovery center or otherwise under a professional's supervision. And I don't mean this in a snarky way. I hope you can find the help you need.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    if i lived near you, i'd offer to come with you to see a doctor/therapist for the first few times, just to help you with the anxiety. you definitely need to delete the pro ana friends you have, wherever you have them and focus on yourself, and continuing your recovery. long term, it's you and your health that matters :-)
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    think about all those people who have ****ed up their bodies via eating disorders and gained weight later in life because they couldnt be healthy. You are doing your body and your self esteem a favor by getting healthy sooner. (You will also be able to maintain an attractive body when you ana friends are going back and forth between unhealthy extremes of overweight and underweight)
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    Continuing to socialize or fraternize with pro-ED people is akin to carrying around a pack of cigarettes and a lighter if you quit smoking. It isn't a good idea for an intelligent person, regardless of how much you love those cigarettes.

I used to dance and be very thin. I had a form of bulimia that eventually (I'm 40 now) destroyed my body and I am struggling now because of that. Is it foods fault? Nope. I am merely reaping what I sowed. How we treat it when we are young DOES affect you later. Believe nothing to the contrary. What you do now, you will see in 10 years (if we make it that far).

What you need is to eat healthily and exercise healthily. What you also need is a professional to talk to (!!talk to!!) who is PROFESSIONAL with EDs. They don't make you eat 3000 calories and forgive me for saying this, it is with all respect in the world, but that is an *excuse* you are telling yourself because you are afraid. Plain and simple. You need to get some advice and ongoing SUPPORT from those in the know (not those just on a diet, and yes I mean us too lol) on how to deal with your self-perception more than being given a "diet"

The worse thing in this world is to have wage a daily war with yourself. Our weight is only how we have chosen to fight that battle.

I hope you get the help you need to live a happy healthy life! Best wishes.
  • sarar_smiles
    Options
    As someone who used to suffer from anorexia, I glanced at some of your friend's pages and almost threw up! Anyone who's trying not only to starve themselves, but encouraging others to as well, is not only a horrible person to be friends with but also a horrible person, period. Cut them off and, if possible, report them. You don't need negative people in your life. <3 Best of luck!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think you should get off this site and into a recovery center or otherwise under a professional's supervision. And I don't mean this in a snarky way. I hope you can find the help you need.

This. You've posted this same topic before and you got upset by people's comments. Get help for your eating disorder. This isn't the place to find people that will placate you. Get therapy, join a group but get help.
  • lovelysummerbabe2012
    Options
    I've never posted anything before! this is my first time on the site!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Dump anyone who says you're fat and get new friends. That's the great thing about MFP... you can remove toxic people from your life with one little click (unlike real life where you sometimes have to be much more determined and stubborn to get rid of them). There are plenty of wonderful, supportive people here who can help with the emotional support you need, but please also make sure you're getting the medical care and support that you need too.

All the best to you!
    Jen
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Why are you still friends w/ folks who are still suffering from ED's?

It's like an alcoholic who's trying to quit drinking but still hangs out at the bars.

You already know what the answer is to your question is. Find new friends, continue eating at healthy levels until you're eating at maintenance. Maintain body weight not by starving but by exercising moderately.

I get the impression you don't want to live w/ an ED any longer. Time to cut those out of your life who are bringing you down and not supporting you.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

This. Get rid of them, they are poison.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I cannot stress this enough.. DELETE THEM! Get rid of them, they are poison. You do not need that negativity surrounding you. There are SO many supportive people on this website! Just look through the people posting on this thread! I hope you are getting support from friends and family as well. Hold on to them, love them, let them love you. Gaining weight is scary, but it is for the RIGHT reasons. Stay on your journey to a healthy lifestyle. As hard as it is, it is worth every struggle.

I hope the best for you, please take care :flowerforyou:
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I echo everyones comments, and want to offer my best wishes to you. I hope you get the help you need. You deserve to be happy and healthy.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Unfriend the mentally unbalanced and keep on eating your 1200-1300 / day.
    They are not good friends for you and you know it.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

I have to agree with this post.
    No offense....but you need help beyond MFP. Please seek out the assistance you need.
    You ARE worth fighting for!!!
    Add me as a friend, if you like!!!

Silly...remember this has a gain option too.