Am i the only one it pisses off

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Charise317
    Charise317 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to love going to the gym. One day I saw a lady "reading" cosmopolitan while on the treadmill. I thought ok one time thing. next time I went she was there doing the same thing. No matter what level you are working out on; Is it possible to work out and get any results while reading. I now have my own gym
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The problem is that it is NOT what you said. What you said was
    "nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You clearly said that the person IS working out, but too slow for your taste. Seems to me that your opinion changes according to what people say, so that you can defend yourself and not sound so vain!

Forgive me, but that's how I see it!

yepo and about 15 posts ago i stated i said it wrong while frustrated... i didnt explain myself properly... so i corrected it..

that is the beauty of being a human.. we misspeak and then correct things to explain it clearer when with a calmer head,...

sorry that you are never in that situation.

I'm not sorry that I'm never in that situation, I'm glad that I'm not!

Again, this is how I see it. You got mad at something that well... it's not really important and maybe even vain and selfish and you wrote how you felt at that moment. Once you calmed down, you tried to make things better by defending yourself adding stuff that is really irrelevant, because it's not what you really said or thought at the moment.

You can change your opinion as many times as you want that it won't change a thing. The fact is, you are NOT the only one who gets pissed off at insignificant and stupid things, we all do, because we are all humans, we all make mistakes, we all have different opinions about many things, and most of us try to defend ourselves to make us better in other people's eyes. We may not all get mad at the same little things, but we get mad at things that we shouldn't even care about many times. But we should not change our opinion just to please others, if that's not really what we think! :smile:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My mom and I sometimes go to the gym together. It is a small place and there are only 2 of the types of exercise bikes that she likes to use. When we got there, two men are sitting at the bikes watching a Cardinal's baseball game. They were not using the bikes and did not even have their feet on the pedals once. They were just sitting there, watching the game and yelling things out to the T.V. My mom ended up doing some other machines, but was a little upset and disappointed that she could not get the workout that she wanted that day.

I am out of shape and I move slowly on a machine. I do the best that I can I hope no one judges me for it. However, I am actually using the machine. I think these men were very rude to be using the gym as a sports bar. Aren't there other places in town where they could have gone to watch a baseball game on T.V.? Looking back now, I guess one of us should have said something to them.

I realize that they paid their dues the same as everyone else, but they should have at least made it look like they were sort of working out instead of just sitting there for the entire 90 minutes we were there.

Woooohoooooo..GO CARDS!!!!

That's my team...they RROOOOCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh..tis better to be pissed OFF than pissed ON!!

Of course now..that greatly depends on who's doin the pissin:bigsmile:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    The problem is that it is NOT what you said. What you said was
    "nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You clearly said that the person IS working out, but too slow for your taste. Seems to me that your opinion changes according to what people say, so that you can defend yourself and not sound so vain!

Forgive me, but that's how I see it!

Exactly. What you're saying now is actually completely different than your original post.

First post - mad about people going slow, using machine on low level, & not sweating.

Post in CAPS LOCK - mad about people chatting on phones and/or sitting on machines having conversations and/or touching a machine without actually using it.

Completely different topics. Thanks for playing.

HAHAHAH ^^ Winner ^^
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    People please! Stop trying to please others at all cost! Say what you mean and mean what you say! Try not to offend or disrespect others and always remember that we all have feelings, so be considerate. Other than that, don't change your mind all the time so that others can agree with you. Pick your side and stick with it!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    People please! Stop trying to please others at all cost! Say what you mean and mean what you say! Try not to offend or disrespect others and always remember that we all have feelings, so be considerate. Other than that, don't change your mind all the time so that others can agree with you. Pick your side and stick with it!

Agreed...we can't read between the lines. This is the internet, not real life, so we can't see your face, hear your vocal inclinations, etc. OP....you say we should have understood the intent of your message, but how is that possible if most of us don't know you? Unfortunately it is what it is, and even if you didn't mean for it to come out the way that it did, we have to take your words at face value. You can't get mad at us for commenting on what you wrote and not what you meant.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Agreed...we can't read between the lines. This is the internet, not real life, so we can't see your face, hear your vocal inclinations, etc. OP....you say we should have understood the intent of your message, but how is that possible if most of us don't know you? Unfortunately it is what it is, and even if you didn't mean for it to come out the way that it did, we have to take your words at face value. You can't get mad at us for commenting on what you wrote and not what you meant.

and i have since corrected what i said .. a lot on here.. and yet people still wont let it go....
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

This is classic
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

This is classic

:drinker:
  • blairh10
    blairh10 Posts: 37
    Options

I will set the weights on what -the-*kitten*-ever level I please. Let someone confront me. Watch what happens when "Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" in the gym. (Ref Dave Chappell LOL)

^^^^ :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    nevermind