Thoughts on SHAKEOLOGY

Options

Replies

• jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Gimmick!!!!!....hey I think Herbal Magic is the same thing. Way expensive. And the name is stupid. Shakeology.....is there a class you have to take?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Far from spam actually.....I don't even sell the stuff. I don't want to get on that bandwagon as I'm 100% aware that it is a MLM.

Such a lovely welcome to a newcomer sharing her story.....thank you so much!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Rip off! I can buy a ton of healthy food with 120 bucks. :laugh:
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Far from spam actually.....I don't even sell the stuff. I don't want to get on that bandwagon as I'm 100% aware that it is a MLM.

Your only activity on MFP is two posts in this thread. Shame on us for being untrusting of your motives.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

What you say is a newcomer sharing her story reads to the rest of the world like a salesperson pimping a product. So sorry if that's not you but the fact that your story came from a "newcomer" makes it that much more suspicious. There are plenty of people here who use this site exclusively to try to lure people into buying the crap they sell. We've learned to be wary of new people with rave reviews about products for sale.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand that there are people that don't have good intentions.....I also belong to the group "Eat More 2 Weigh Less" and I just posted an honest question there last night. I just became a member on this site 2 days ago; forgive me for choosing the wrong forum to post my second 2 cents in.

I guess it's just disheartening as I didn't try to get people to buy it, didn't leave contact information or a website, just shared my story and then people get nasty here and I get an email from MFP giving me trouble for promoting/advertising when all I did was share my story. Lesson learned.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    To everyone who is being really nasty calling people, gullible, stupid, ignorant, etc....Just stop it! You shared your opinion, you don't like it, fantastic, you don't have to use it! But you don't have to be rude or call people names. I am not gullible or lazy, but I do struggle and I like to try different things to see what works best for me, we are all different and we all need to figure things out for ourselves. It's not what you say it's how you say it! :wink:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Once again we see something that only happens on Shakeology threads. People getting personally offended when you say you don't like a drink.

I don't like cauliflower. Anyone mad about that? No. Because no one's trying to sell any cauliflower here.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Once again we see something that only happens on Shakeology threads. People getting personally offended when you say you don't like a drink.

I don't like cauliflower. Anyone mad about that? No. Because no one's trying to sell any cauliflower here.

Frankly, I don't like cauliflower either, I prefer broccoli...I don't care that people don't like shakeology! I do care that people, maybe not you, are calling people names, making character judgements about me because I do drink shakeology! That was what I was talking about!!!! If anyone is getting personal it is folks who take it to that next level! It's mean and unnecessary!!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

silly

BUY IT, it'll change your life... delivered to your door weekly for only $2000 per week!! What price can you put on the health of your family? Packed with nutrients that cannot be found anywhere else (oh and great with cheese sauce - WOW!)

If you want to find out how you can change your life, contact me.

Ray
    Team Cauliflower coach!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For $120, I can get a 6 month supply of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey protein, and a 6 month supply of a good multivitamin. So, 6 month supply, much lower sugar, much higher protein, less overall calories, overall better nutrition, and tastes good without having to add anything to it (That's $0.76 a serving by the way, compared to $4 for Shakeology.) All for what it would cost for 1 month of Shakeology.

No brainer.
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options

silly

BUY IT, it'll change your life... delivered to your door weekly for only $2000 per week!! What price can you put on the health of your family? Packed with nutrients that cannot be found anywhere else (oh and great with cheese sauce - WOW!)

Ray
    Team Cauliflower coach!!

bahaha this was really funny.
    no sarcasm, but it was funny.
    i'm sorry but i've seen too many success stories first hand not to believe in my product. including myself. if anyone actually educatedthemselves on it and whats in it (ingredient list anyone? i got one.) they'd know how expensive it'd be to have all it delivers to your body in seperated forms. plus some people don't like vegetables, but they liek chocolate. so shakeology is it folks. plus do you want to put protein powder thats one step away from horsefeed in your body? i think ill stick to all natural, pure and organic ingredients.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sure, someone is making money somewhere, but please tell me where in the world someone is not making money off of a "health" product. There are just as many "gullible" people (as you call them) in the grocery store aisles everyday buying "Low-fat" and "Sugar-free" this or that. Health and Wellness is a big business - period. Everyone is trying to lose weight, get faster, build more muscle. Yep, I buy Under Armour, Nike, Addidas and I'm sure alot of people on this site do as well. Over-priced apparel, yet we LOVE it! We buy into the hype that these pair of shoes will allow is to run longer or these workout pants will help lift our @$$. So I suppose we're all gullible and lazy I suppose - unless you're running barefoot and naked and living off of dirt and water. Oh wait! You have to pay for that too.

That really should be their slogan.

Shakeology! Buy into the hype!

Bahahaha!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

silly

Ray
    Team Cauliflower coach!!

i'm sorry but i've seen too many success stories first hand not to believe in my product. including myself. if anyone actually educatedthemselves on it and whats in it (ingredient list anyone? i got one.) they'd know how expensive it'd be to have all it delivers to your body in seperated forms. plus some people don't like vegetables, but they liek chocolate. so shakeology is it folks. plus do you want to put protein powder thats one step away from horsefeed in your body? i think ill stick to all natural, pure and organic ingredients.
    All natural, pure, and organic ingredients? Care to explain what makes "chocolate powder" different than "cocoa powder?" They list both on the ingredient label. Also, it's loaded with 9 grams of fructose per serving. Yum. Oh, and the Green tea is decaffeinated? There's no real way of decaffeinating something without processing it, which certainly doesn't make it natural, pure, or organic. Let's just be honest, I'm reading the label now (really not hard to find with a quick google search,) and I don't really see anything special in it. It's just another overpriced supplement that uses a TON of marketing buzzwords to make its ingredients sound important.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

silly

Ray
    Team Cauliflower coach!!

Alright then, convince me. You have the ingredient list. What do the ingredients contribute by way of nutrients? In what dosage? Has it been shown to be effective in the doses present in the oroduct? If the list is long,even the top 10 ingredients will do.
  • ceaton80
    ceaton80 Posts: 37
    Options
    Well, everyone pitches it is $4 a day, which by all means is correct. In order to make it taste ok to swallow, it'll cost you another dollar or two to mix it with other stuff.
  • meade99
    meade99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Shakeology is not for everyone. I don't understand the hate though. I use it 3-4 months a year as a meal replacement and it works just fine. I loose some weight and don't feel hungry. I don't feel like superman, but you'd have to be naïve to thing its a super drink. It is what it is, a very good nutritional, protein packed meal replacement. Expensive yes, but I'm familiar with it. I have a beachbody coach, and despite the Avon pyramid style sales model, she is quite good at motivation. Again not for everyone, but don't hate on me or call me a loser using the system.
  • runwmn
    runwmn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omg! I drank a small glass of it this morning and within 30 minutes I was covered in itchy hives all over my back and stomach. The hives are now all down my arms and on my face and scalp. I'm just praying the Benadryl kicks in in time so I don't have to go to the ER.

Never again.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    To everyone who is being really nasty calling people, gullible, stupid, ignorant, etc....Just stop it! You shared your opinion, you don't like it, fantastic, you don't have to use it! But you don't have to be rude or call people names. I am not gullible or lazy, but I do struggle and I like to try different things to see what works best for me, we are all different and we all need to figure things out for ourselves. It's not what you say it's how you say it! :wink:

^^^Totally agree with this.... You guys are acting like buttholes... in how you are talking to people.
    Like any meal replacement.... shakeology or protein shake with multi-vitamin... it is an individuals choice and if i remember correctly most of America is still a free country and you guys all still have the freedom to make individual choices.... and while I don't agree with either side as a method in order to lose weight... since maintaining a healthy body weight is a life style not a die(t)...

However it is wrong to call either side lazy, stupid or crazy.... and you need to learn how to disagree with people and still act like an adult...

Crazy.jpg
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options

^^^Totally agree with this.... You guys are acting like buttholes... in how you are talking to people.
    Like any meal replacement.... shakeology or protein shake with multi-vitamin... it is an individuals choice and if i remember correctly most of America is still a free country and you guys all still have the freedom to make individual choices.... and while I don't agree with either side as a method in order to lose weight... since maintaining a healthy body weight is a life style not a die(t)...

However it is wrong to call either side lazy, stupid or crazy.... and you need to learn how to disagree with people and still act like an adult...

Crazy.jpg

Agree. Products like this 'work' by helping you create a calorie deficit. Yes, you can also do this via calorie counting, and in the long run, this is probably better as it helps create long term healthy earing habits, as opposed to a quick fix. However, rudeness and smug 'you wasted your money' themed comments aren't helping any of us lose weight, although I would like to know how many calories typing burns as I am currently writing up my thesis and am suuuuure that this must count as a form of exercise ;)