Thoughts on SHAKEOLOGY

Options
123457»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Bethanie77 wrote: »
    For everyone suggesting whey powder or eating healthy instead, maybe do some research :) The ingredients and health benefits of shakeology go way beyond some protein or vitamins. There is no way you could get all the stuff in you in a day that shakeology provides and even if you could get those ingredients and ingest them it would cost you a ton more that a bag of shakeology costs per month. It's funny to me how a ton of people will spend 5 or more a day on a starbucks or other junk and eating out but they can't justify 4 dollars a day for their health.

Are you selling? No? Then why revive a 6 year old thread?

You may want to hone your research skills before you get taken any more.

http://pharmadaddy.blogspot.com/2013/07/shakeology-shaking-up-its-foundations.html?m=1
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Bethanie77 wrote: »
    For everyone suggesting whey powder or eating healthy instead, maybe do some research :) The ingredients and health benefits of shakeology go way beyond some protein or vitamins. There is no way you could get all the stuff in you in a day that shakeology provides and even if you could get those ingredients and ingest them it would cost you a ton more that a bag of shakeology costs per month. It's funny to me how a ton of people will spend 5 or more a day on a starbucks or other junk and eating out but they can't justify 4 dollars a day for their health.

You are basically describing the BB commercial for Shakeology. Was that your research?

There is actually no proof any of the ingredients listed on the bag are even in the product, as BB won't allow it to be independently verified. And most of that stuff has no proven benefit anyway, other than perhaps the placebo effect.

Shakeology is however proven to be excellent for one thing - helping many a BB "coach" build up their pyramid to multiply their profits.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've looked closely at the ingredients - It's a protein drink with more junk than I care to take along with an inferior multi (the versions of the B Vitamins, for instance, are all inferior, cheaper versions of Bs), the probiotic part is also not great and then there are a few enzymes (debatable if even needed) thrown in.

If you want all that (protein, multi, enzyme and probiotics) there are literally hundreds of better products out there for far cheaper.

One off the top is Illumin8 by SunWarrior. It's an "all in one" that is much better (and cheaper). Personally, I'm not an "all-in-one" fan. You can buy better ingredients separately nearly 100% of the time. If you eat whole foods, you don't need an enzyme. For that matter, not many need protein. Probiotics show some benefits and (I think) so do multis. Eat better and get a good quality multi (like Pure Encapsulation or Thorne Pharmaceuticals -- really high quality vitamins) and a decent probiotic (or eat more fermented foods and fermented dairy and fiber and you don't need that either).

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thread still going strong I see. If you have the money to blow then I guess go for it. Personally I’d rather just eat real food and save that $120 per month. It’s MLM. Over priced in order to profit the man on top of the pyramid. Don’t get duped.