AFTER A BINGE, AFTER A MEAL OUT- READ THIS!!

Options

Replies

• KimKramer
    KimKramer Posts: 44
    Options
    I love this! I just may print this out and put it on my fridge... Thanks for this :)

Couldnt agree more!!! Definitely fridge worthy :)
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant! :D Thanks so much for sharing this!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! I binged 2 days in a row over the weekend and saw the scale go way up, BUT turns out it was all the sodium I ate, because today I'm down lower than I was before the binge!
  • missjay1029
    missjay1029 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looove this:love:
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    STILL the other day I ate up to my calories in healthy food for the day which was, 1800 calories then LATER that day.. We went out of town for a couple days.. and just on the road trip alone I had an aditional 1,800 calories in pure junk food NO JOKE.. by the time I was done eating it all added up to 3,600 calories which yea I freaked out about and felt bad about.. I was TOLD that 3,500 calories is what you need to gain just 1 pound and well I weighed myself a few days after and gained 3 back which im sure 1 WAS A POUND OF FAT. And the other 2 were just water weight... So yea,,, Im not sure if this is correct thinking or not????

I WAS TOLD 3,500 calrories= 1 POUND OF REAL FAT
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    this is a great post!
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. Awesome. I needed this before my night out with my mother-in-law and husband tonight. Now it doesn't seem quite so frightening.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I love this, thank you so much for sharing. Lately I have been struggling to stay within my calorie goals.. This is really great and I (along with everyone else) will be saving it!
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bless you for this post!!!

I'm going out for super tonight and now I feel like I can enjoy it.....I'm not saying I'll gorge myself on everythng/anything.....but I won't feel guilty about that half cup of mashed potatoes or tablespoon of gravy....I still won't eat anything fried but I MAY treat myself to a small piece of cake....

<<<stands up and applauds this post!!
  • GelinaKnows
    GelinaKnows Posts: 46
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

from tumblr

adore this. HOWEVER, I'm wondering WTF I ate to gain 15 in 2 months! LMAO!!! (I was injured in a robbery, & was a bit laid up, but that seems like a LOT to have to eat, hmmm I damaged my lymph nodes in the beating, wonder if that had something to do with it)
  • leeleeloulou
    Options
    Bump :happy:

Fabulous philosophy.

I'm in love with whoever wrote this

Leah xx
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:

Thank you for the post it's going to hang up in the kitchen...if fact I might frame it. I am trying to add calories to my
    diet because I am not losing doing 1200 calories and I know I can't live on that the rest of my life. :drinker:
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    LOVE it :)
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    I love this! I just may print this out and put it on my fridge... Thanks for this :)

Doing the same, I had that freak out earlier this week!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • CatherineJLong
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

from tumblr

never thought of it like this. (:
  • tanoshii2437
    Options
    this is EXACTLY what i needed to read today! I had a bad night (which basically means I ate popcorn that wasn't on my menu and even though i still didn't go over my recommended daily i still was beating myself up) and was feeling a bit defeated this morning (couldn't even force myself to do my full workout :noway: ). Thanks for reading! it showed up on my "timeline" thingy so i got to read it. makes me feel better :smile:
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Makes me realize just how much I was eating all those years to get to 300 pounds.
  • elemire
    elemire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That was great- thank you I think we all need the reminder from time to time:)