I hate exercise soooooo much!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    it's all in your head. tell yourself you love something and you will start to love it. keep telling yourself you hate it and it will never get better.

i used to hate exercise. As I started seeing results though, I became cool with it. Then I started focusing on how I feel when I am done with an intense workout and I freakin love it- it's like a high. Your body releases all these feel good chemicals when you workout and you just can't help but smile. :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    People say this a lot. I don't get it. Sorry but I just don't understand. The feeling of working really hard and sweating makes me feel so good that it's amazing. I get a feeling of power and strength, it's an amazing feeling. I don't know how someone can hate something that is healthy and good for them. The human body craves exercise and physical activity.
    This kind of statmemnt really torks me! It's like people who say... "How can you NOT like water, it doesn't have any flavor, blah, blah, blah. Just drink it!" And now it's ... "How can you NOT like exercise? I LOVE it, blah, blah, blah. Just do it!"

Just because YOU like exercise doesn't mean everyone does. Just because YOU like water, doesn't mean everyone does. Just because I LOVE cats, doesn't mean everyone does. Just because beer gives me diarrhea, doesn't mean beer gives everyone diarrhea. People are different.

I don't know why you get so twisted up about it.

Mainly, I have an unpopular view that most often, not liking something is more about not understanding. For instance, people who say they don't like cooking. Usually, they don't know how and they have never been taught so they just conclude that it's stupid. But, if you sit down and teach them over time, they will start to enjoy it somewhat. They'll probably never be gung ho about it, but sometuimes fear and not understand are really the motivators, not not liking it.

So, when I hear someone say they don't like exercise, I fall back to the position that they might be new to it, they may not really know what to do, they're just winging it, and they are seeing any benefits of doing it. If you could bring all that together for them, they might start to like it. They may never LOVE it, but they might start to see the positive aspects of it.

So, I'm just explaining to you that I wont immediate side with people that say they hate exercise because I don't believe them. I think there's fear, education and other aspects that first need to be addressed. If, after all that, they still hate it, then that's fine. But, I haven't seen too much of that in my life. It's amazing what a little education can do for hate.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    it's all in your head. tell yourself you love something and you will start to love it. keep telling yourself you hate it and it will never get better.

i used to hate exercise. As I started seeing results though, I became cool with it. Then I started focusing on how I feel when I am done with an intense workout and I freakin love it- it's like a high. Your body releases all these feel good chemicals when you workout and you just can't help but smile. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^ See? That's what I'm talking about.
  • jenlee_74
    jenlee_74 Posts: 29
    Options
    I set my activity level low, so I know if I'm too lazy to work it off, I can only eat so many calories. I'd rather just not eat it than run it out on a treadmill.
  • LAR8898
    LAR8898 Posts: 1
    Options
    Absolutely correct! I find i hate excercise more if i don't do it! I love walking and the gratification after exercising! Makes me proud of myself!! You can do it!!