What was the most weight you lost in 1 week?

Options
1235»

Replies

• teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lost 8.8 pounds my first week :)
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    My sister had a baby and lost 25 lbs in ONE DAY....:wink:

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of it is all water weight, kiddos.

You didn't burst mine. I lost a lot of weight in a short period of time, and have kept it off. 35# in a month is not all water weight.. I'm not even buying that all of it is water weight at the onset, since we're always drinking water to replace what we lost. Some of it has to be fat cells shrinking since you're dropping your intake of calories.
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost the most of 6 1/2 pounds. Pretty good for a shorty like me LOL
  • sophy28
    sophy28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About 7 lbs. Probably going to get shot down for saying this but every now and then I do the 3 day diet and I loose around 5 lbs in the first 2 days, can never fully stick to day 3. I always keep the weight of even when I start eating normally after.
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    6 pounds in one week. who cares if its water weight? its still weight you had to lose! i havent gained back a pound, so clearly that water weight wasnt supposed to be there.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It was about the second or third week and I lost 8lbs. I was 290lbs+ at the time, so I think alot of it was fluid retention. It still felt good, though. :smile:
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    weight can change as much as 5 pounds in a day due to water. The most I think I have ever lost and it stayed off for the next week was 3 pounds that was right after a week of no loss though
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    5lbs and I logged it. Big mistake! It was because I was dehydrated (I think) and it took what seemed like forever to see another loss. After that lesson, I'm going to try and just log my weight once a week and log whatever it says, up or down. Maybe, I said I'd try. lol

Also if I have an unusual gain, I will check my diary to see what my sodium count was. That will make a big difference on the scale so I might wait a few days rather than log a huge increase.

My usual loss is about 1/2 lb or 1lb a week, maybe 2 at the most but rarely. It took me years to gain this weight so I'm doing it right and losing it at a pace I can realistically maintain after I reach goal weight.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    9 lbs - clearly, a lot of water weight, but I was coming off a carby binge and getting back on plan. I find I hold about 5 pounds of water weight when eating carbs, which clear out in 2-3 days when I cut them back (like I'm supposed to, per my doc!)
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot - I was thinking like during weight loss on purpose.

I lost 25 pounds OVERNIGHT after having a baby (and not from HAVING the baby, lol). I was SO swollen before pregnany, then pumped full of IV fluids during my c-section, and the fluid kept hanging around. After a week at home I called the doc and said "I still can't wear my shoes!" He said, give it time. Well, a couple nights later I was up like 12 times to pee and was sweating up a storm - enough to have to change the sheets TWICE (and I"m not a sweaty person). Got on the scale the next morning - 25 pounds gone from the morning before, feet and legs back to normal size. Hormones are CRAZY, I tell ya :)
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    10 lbs. my first week. It's mostly water weight though. After that, while on my normal eating right routien, I lost 3.5 lbs one week.
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot - I was thinking like during weight loss on purpose.

I lost 25 pounds OVERNIGHT after having a baby (and not from HAVING the baby, lol). I was SO swollen before pregnany, then pumped full of IV fluids during my c-section, and the fluid kept hanging around. After a week at home I called the doc and said "I still can't wear my shoes!" He said, give it time. Well, a couple nights later I was up like 12 times to pee and was sweating up a storm - enough to have to change the sheets TWICE (and I"m not a sweaty person). Got on the scale the next morning - 25 pounds gone from the morning before, feet and legs back to normal size. Hormones are CRAZY, I tell ya :)

Thats crazy!!!
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    5lbs last week actually =]
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    when I was sixteen I cheated one week with a bag of oreo cookies and still lost 5 pounds......oh youth....

things are quite a bit different at 43

I agree with you 100%
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    2 pounds.

^^ this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!