Really? I can't believe he said that!

Options
:cry: Never in a million years did I think I would let someone get to me by saying nasty stuff or calling me names....but I did. Does this person know that it is bothering me? HELLS NO! :mad: But now it is bothering me and I don't know why either. Yesterday, this evil person said I needed to go to sign up for Jenny Craig so I can start feeling better about myself and then called me Shamu and said I was Roseanne trying to act like Dr Phil. :sad: The guy is a piece of crap, I cannot say how I know him and he is not a friend. Sticks and stones and all that. I keep telling myself that at least I can lose weight - he can't fix stupid! Just wondering why I am letting it get to me today?!!

P.S. I guess I can say that this person is my sister dysfunctional boyfriend and I was just trying to stick up for her via txing him and telling him to stop making her cry per her request.

Replies

• smoothgrl
    smoothgrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In my general opinon, when someone says hurtful things about someone else, it's because they are feeling badly about themselves and trying, though trying the wrong way, to uplift themselves..... You were probably the closest target. Let it roll and be damn proud of the 14 lbs lost that I can see on your ticker!!!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just remember:

You can lose weight, but...

You can't fix stupid!
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    If I call you a @#$@#@#$, does that offend you?

It shouldn't, you shouldn't care at all about what I say.

Want to stop the hurt? Stop caring about what he says.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rplnWr8B3Xc

Not only should you ignore him because he sounds like a jerk for saying hateful things in the first place...but...it should motivate you to show him that his opinion just does not matter... and it should not affect you to the point of tears...even though those are very harsh words.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    He obviously thinks you're better than him or he wouldn't be trying to bring you down. What a jerk! :flowerforyou:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    Somedays I am more sensitive than others. You might just be having one of those days. I usually try to "consider the source" but when it doesn't work to pep talk myself I do some meditation using music to quiet my brain and focus. You can find a good guided meditation dvd out there. I don't use guided but, only because I have been meditating for years now and don't need it. I used to think it was a joke but, after being forced into learning it (for my job) it really works for me to revitalize and achieve clarity.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to do, but I try to remind myself just how important the person talking is to me. If he doesn't matter to you then neither should his opinion.

I've found it helps me if I can give each person's comments a value equal to what their value to me is.

Let him wallow in his own bad frame of mind alone. No need for you to let him have the power to make you tag along.

Good luck continuing your progress!
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    Words to live by:

People can call you anything and everything, it's what you reply to, that defines you

:drinker:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In my general opinon, when someone says hurtful things about someone else, it's because they are feeling badly about themselves and trying, though trying the wrong way, to uplift themselves..... You were probably the closest target. Let it roll and be damn proud of the 14 lbs lost that I can see on your ticker!!!

Thank you! He is actually my sisters boyfriend! I guess kinda hard to ignore. But I am doing my best.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Just remember:

You can lose weight, but...

You can't fix stupid!

Yes, I believe I said that too! Thanks!
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    If I call you a @#$@#@#$, does that offend you?

It shouldn't, you shouldn't care at all about what I say.

Want to stop the hurt? Stop caring about what he says.

How dare you! LOL I don't care but it bothers me. I just had to vent! Thanks
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    http://youtu.be/rplnWr8B3Xc

Not only should you ignore him because he sounds like a jerk for saying hateful things in the first place...but...it should motivate you to show him that his opinion just does not matter... and it should not affect you to the point of tears...even though those are very harsh words.

No tears for sure! Just pissed off of why it would bother me what comes out of his mouth. Thanks
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just try to laugh it off. It's not your fault he suffers from micro penis. :bigsmile:
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    He obviously thinks you're better than him or he wouldn't be trying to bring you down. What a jerk! :flowerforyou:

Goes without saying..thank you!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You've done a fabulous job! Most likely he is jealous. Personally, I don't believe in giving any part of my time to anyone who is not a positive influence. Don't know what the situation is, but I wouldn't even look twice at that guy ever again, if I could help it.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Exactly! If someone hates you, or puts you down it's either because they are jealous of you for some reason or are so unhappy with themselves.

You do what you need to do to get fit at your own pace and do it the right way, good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but...

Could it be bothering you because you know it's true? How do you feel about yourself? How is your self image? IME, often times the things we are most sensitive to are the truths about ourselves that we don't like to admit. Or at the very least don't like others to know about.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.

This person is my sisters boyfriend. I was txing him and telling him that he needed to stop making my sister cry.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Stupid is, as stupid does. Just as Karma is as Karma does. Feed him beans and move on.