Really? I can't believe he said that!

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.

This person is my sisters boyfriend. I was txing him and telling him that he needed to stop making my sister cry.

Sounds retaliatory then.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Somedays I am more sensitive than others. You might just be having one of those days. I usually try to "consider the source" but when it doesn't work to pep talk myself I do some meditation using music to quiet my brain and focus. You can find a good guided meditation dvd out there. I don't use guided but, only because I have been meditating for years now and don't need it. I used to think it was a joke but, after being forced into learning it (for my job) it really works for me to revitalize and achieve clarity.

Thank you for your input. Meditating is a good idea :wink:
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    I know it's hard to do, but I try to remind myself just how important the person talking is to me. If he doesn't matter to you then neither should his opinion.

I've found it helps me if I can give each person's comments a value equal to what their value to me is.

Let him wallow in his own bad frame of mind alone. No need for you to let him have the power to make you tag along.

Good luck continuing your progress!

Thank you!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wow did he say this out of the blue or were you guys in an argument? Just wondering why someone would go for the jugular like that? I mean it doesn't matter he shouldn't have said anything like that at all, I just can't imagine him coming out of nowhere with it.

This person is my sisters boyfriend. I was txing him and telling him that he needed to stop making my sister cry.

You need to just take a step back from that situation. If he makes her cry, she should choose not to be with him. If she won't make that choice, there is nothing you can do about it. You can see that this man is toxic if she can't, then you can only spare yourself his hate and venom. I'm sorry.
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    “I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all.”
    ― Coco Chanel
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

If he said that you, then it's no reason he makes your sister cry. SO's usually treat their partners worse then friends or family.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Words to live by:

People can call you anything and everything, it's what you reply to, that defines you

:drinker:

Ain't that the truth! I will remember that thanks Puggy!
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    “I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all.”
    ― Coco Chanel

Nice!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you have to be around a person like that! Just wow... my immediate thought is that I feel bad for him because he sounds like a miserable person! And then for your sister. Why in the world would she date someone like that?

I can state the obvious and say that it shouldn't bother you, but I know it does - any time someone can be that rude, it's going to bother you. Just be thankful you are not at all like him, and I agree, he's just trying to bring you down to his level.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options

This is why he went after you - he felt you were attacking him and butting into his business(as he conceives) when you are trying to help your sister - so he in turn when on the attack with you. But he knew right where to attack - we as women for the most part can be super sensitive about our weight and I am sure your sister has mentioned you trying to lose weight to her BF.

I am sorry that he attacked you like that - he is an ultimate JERK!! Lets hope your sister finds this out and dumps his sorry A&&.

Chin up - we are here for you. Congrats on the weight loss so far. It is something to be proud of.
  • Mgregory723
    Options

If he said that you, then it's no reason he makes your sister cry. SO's usually treat their partners worse then friends or family.

Yep, he was being a jerk to her and has been for years. I keep telling her to just let it go and move on. Thank goodness he is in Texas and she is here in Michigan

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Jealousy makes people veryyy ugly. He's a douche.

“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

:flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    hugs... sounds like you're just a little less able to deal with his bs today, and just need a hug and to get away from him and the situation a bit. A trip to the coffee shop for a tasty beverage is my suggestion for the cure all (assuming you like such things).
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hope you and especially your sister are free from that jerk very soon. Life is too short to have someone pouring poison in your ears.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Truly and honestly, let it roll off your back. One thing I have found to be true: the more you let something go (say a nasty comment) from someone, and let it show that it doesn't bother you, then the person usually swallows on their own toxicity. I'm sorry to hear about your sister, all u can do is be there to listen, and be there for her. My personal opinion: I don't care what other people think of me; i can't change how they think of me, nor will i try because if i try to, change who i am then one, stresses me out, and two why should i change for someone? I mean, words are that: words, and actions certainly speak louder then that :D Also grats on the weight loss!!!!!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    you cant control other people, lets just hope your sister sees him for who he really is. if he actually makes her truly happy, just ignore him for her sake, if he doesn't make her truly happy, hopefully she can recognize what you already see and end it.
  • pkpkarting
    pkpkarting Posts: 3
    Options
    People tend not to have such emotional connections with subjects that do not pertain to them.

I tend to look at people as either putting something positive into emotional bank accounts or negative. If they are positive and keep contributing towards the account, I will keep them in my life. If they keep withdrawing and never put back, BAM they are gonzo.

I don't tend to harp on what others think, frankly I just don't care. But, when it is family members it becomes a tough choice and at the end of the day you have lost 14 lbs!! That is fantastic and anyone whom is not contributing towards your healthy choices (mind, physical, spirit) should be ostracized and not worthy of your love, attention, affection and connection.

Everybody has a weakness and unfortunately this putz is preying on the one you are improving upon. If that doesn't make you a hero and him a zero....
  • Mgregory723
    Options

This is why he went after you - he felt you were attacking him and butting into his business(as he conceives) when you are trying to help your sister - so he in turn when on the attack with you. But he knew right where to attack - we as women for the most part can be super sensitive about our weight and I am sure your sister has mentioned you trying to lose weight to her BF.

I am sorry that he attacked you like that - he is an ultimate JERK!! Lets hope your sister finds this out and dumps his sorry A&&.

Chin up - we are here for you. Congrats on the weight loss so far. It is something to be proud of.

Thank you! He knows that I am over weight and yeah, he knew just were to hit me. I have a great hubby who loves me and a wonderful family and a super MFP family. Thank you very much!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Number one way to win an argument with a female-call her fat.

For those uptight people-this is not a condoning statement of his actions.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options

And that probably made him mad, and he didn't want to face the fact that he is a horrible person so he turned his attention to your problems to make you feel bad. Classic. What an *kitten*. You can't help how it made you feel. He has issues, not you.