Who's working today?

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I work on a military base and all the military folks have a down day so only the civilians are left. We were"eccouraged" to take leave but I'm not burning a vacation day when its 50, windy and raining. Out of 60 civilians, there are only 6 of us here. So I'm going to sit here all day and surf MFP.

Why are you at work today before this Holiday in the US?

I didn't want to waste a vacation day...it is raining here too today. Not to mention I have a great job that I love and gives me a TON of flexibility. Listening to tunes and surfing MFP all day today.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital, so we're NEVER closed
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just a normal working day here in Ireland, but will be sneaking off early today, weather is just too good to stay in the office! 15 minutes and counting....
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's my weekend :) But my place of employment is open. I'll even be working Memorial Day :/
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not me.... Well technically speaking anyway. Off on Monday though.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    here here!
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in the office....actually there are quite a few of us here. Now, if we are actually working...the jury is still out on that.

:laugh: ^^^THIS! We have 3 Drs in office this morning, but then they are all off this afternoon..so I I hope we get to leave early. Everyone's doing the minimum amount of work necessary to get patient's handled. (Well..except me..I'm back in biling office..so I'm indulging my ADD-type personality on MFP in between short spurts of actual work!)

Have a great weekend all!!!
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I'm a teacher. . . so yeah. But that's okay! In one week I shall taste the sweetness of two and a half months of FREEDOM! This is why we teach. . . or at least a great part of it. ;) Aside from the whole caring about kids thing.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Me and I'm definitely leaving early. No one is here.

SAMESIES!!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Because my boss said so.........lol! Little does she know that I am really not doing much at all................ahahahahhahaha
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT TO CALL WHAT I DO WORK THEN YEAH I'M AT WORK AP FOR A SMALL HOSPITAL
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I work on a military base and all the military folks have a down day so only the civilians are left. We were"eccouraged" to take leave but I'm not burning a vacation day when its 50, windy and raining. Out of 60 civilians, there are only 6 of us here. So I'm going to sit here all day and surf MFP.

Why are you at work today before this Holiday in the US?

I work on base too ... of course our military is all off. There's only 2 other people from my division here. I'm thinking I'll be bailing out a little early today. It's a nice day out and I think the patio is calling my name ... Beer:30!

in advance ... Happy Memorial Day!! Many thanks to our men and women in uniform :)
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yup... :ohwell:
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Usually off on Fridays--Working for a few hours to catch up on a few things. MFP is not supposed to be one of them...

Off I go...:wink:
  • ctoteh86
    ctoteh86 Posts: 16
    Options
    because I refuse to use up my personal time to take the day off for this, id rather save it for a REAL vacation than staying at home or running errands.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I havent had a day off in 3.5 years...Mommas dont get holidays! Well I mean sure Mothers Day but I was still cleaning up after my boys on that day too! LOL
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    I never do anything special for Memorial Day weekend, so I'm at work both today and tomorrow. Just a regular weekend for me!
  • Mizzhill
    Mizzhill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just happy for a Three day weekend no need for a four day for me... save it for another day
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    in the UK we get 8 statutory holidays a year normally (known as bank holidays x 3, Good Friday and Easter Monday, Christmas day and boxing day (day after christmas) and New Years day) and these are not normally part of your annual leave however you can work them too and get time and 1/2 pay too. With some employers you may not get extra pay if working these days however you can carry over to a different day because, as other posters have said, hospitals still need to open, burger bars still get customers etc.

Our law also states that full time workers get at least 20 days paid holiday a year in addition to the bank hols and many employers give more than that. Pro rata for part timers.

Of course if you are self employed then you may not be able to take that!

We are also getting an extra day off this year in celebration of the Queen's diamond jubilee and last year we got an extra one too due to a royal wedding lol.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at work