Looking good for Christmas Week 2!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My weekend def. better than last!!! I did good Saturday and even better on yesterday.

Sunday - I met up with my family after church at a seafood restuarant. Everyone had fried flounder (yuck!), fried shrimp (yum), and fried scallops (double yum!!!). but NOT ME! I had grilled marinated chicken (boneless, skinless - I asked the waitress before I ordered it!). They would not let me substitute the baked potato or fries for a salad, so I ordered one on the side (it was actually only lettuce and onion lol) with light Catalina (on the side). And...here's the BIG part...I gave away my baked potato, cole slaw, AND hushpuppies!!!!! I was soooo proud. But then I got my bill and realized I had paid $13 for about 5 oz. of chicken and a small bowl lettuce. :grumble:
    Good job. Maybe next time you can order a salad w/grilled chicken on it!! Way to go!!!!
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did good this weekend. Even though we had pizza for dinner Friday night, I still did good. We ordered thin crust, and I only had 1 piece.

Today, however, back to work and I can't get food off my mind. That happens when I'm stressed, I just want to eat, even when I'm not hungry. I'm keeping my water full and taking a drink everytime I feel like eatting.

My clothes are starting to fit better, so that's a real motivation to keep on track.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    :sad: So today I wasn't so controlled as I have been since I started this journey back on June 9th. Today I went over my calories big time ... by about 1200 calories. Yikes! :noway: Now my belly hurts and I feel big time sleepy. :yawn: Oh well :ohwell: back on track tomorrow right? I just had to confess ... you know ... to be accountable.
  • memaw66
    Options
    :sad: So today I wasn't so controlled as I have been since I started this journey back on June 9th. Today I went over my calories big time ... by about 1200 calories. Yikes! :noway: Now my belly hurts and I feel big time sleepy. :yawn: Oh well :ohwell: back on track tomorrow right? I just had to confess ... you know ... to be accountable.
    That's right, tomorrow you will do better and will have learned a lesson about your tummy!!!
  • kolney
    kolney Posts: 93
    Options
    Is there room for one more? Or do I need to wait to start the next week? I just really need somewhere to check in.
    Thanks!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options

I had a bacon cheeseburger do that to me once. There's a FAB diner by our cinema and, alas, I was weak and the burger, he was so goooood.

nom nom nom

time to go for a walk!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Is there room for one more? Or do I need to wait to start the next week? I just really need somewhere to check in.
    Thanks!
    You can start right now! Welcome. Just be sure to report your weight on Wednesday, list your start weight and goal weight by christmas!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Only one more day till weigh in :ohwell: HEHEHE I actually got up this morning and managed to go for my walk/run before work. I have been trying to do this for months, and finally succeeded this morning! :happy: And I also started week 2, day 1 of couch to 5k. I can't believe how well it is coming along. When I first started, jogging for 30 seconds was tough, and this morning I was able to do 90 second intervals, and I thought I did great! It's funny how it doesn't seem like much of a gain, but it sure makes you happy with yourself :happy:

Hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Only one more day till weigh in :ohwell: HEHEHE I actually got up this morning and managed to go for my walk/run before work. I have been trying to do this for months, and finally succeeded this morning! :happy: And I also started week 2, day 1 of couch to 5k. I can't believe how well it is coming along. When I first started, jogging for 30 seconds was tough, and this morning I was able to do 90 second intervals, and I thought I did great! It's funny how it doesn't seem like much of a gain, but it sure makes you happy with yourself :happy:

Hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

Great job on the jogging!!!:flowerforyou:

I think that running is so satisfying because you can feel yourself improving every single time you go out and do it! I try to get up in the morning before work too and it's SOOOOOOO HARD!!!! But I feel so much better during the day! :heart:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I met my first goal!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: Hooray, I stood on the scale and was down 2 lbs from last week. It really can be done. My new routine must be working the great thing is it is so doable and I am enjoying it. :noway: I finally get the ipod that has been sitting in the closet for 6 mo because I hadn't made it to my 10% goal yet. I am there now. HipHip Hooray!!:bigsmile:
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I met a huge goal of mine yesterday too. I have been walking on my treadmill at 4.5 for 60 minutes every day for two 1/2 months and yesterday I jogged for 6 minutes without stopping. OMG what a feeling! I keep with that for a week and try to up it to 7 straight minutes next week. Went to Peter Frampton concert Saturday and drank too much :blushing: but I sure enjoyed it. I Lost another pound from working so hard :tongue:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I met my first goal!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: Hooray, I stood on the scale and was down 2 lbs from last week. It really can be done. My new routine must be working the great thing is it is so doable and I am enjoying it. :noway: I finally get the ipod that has been sitting in the closet for 6 mo because I hadn't made it to my 10% goal yet. I am there now. HipHip Hooray!!:bigsmile:

Great job reaching that first goal!:flowerforyou: What are you doing for your new routine?

Hope everyone has an awesome day. Tomorrow is weigh in day for most of us. Last chance work-out and eat right before weigh in day!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    I did my workout last night and it felt great because my knee didn't hurt at all and I was able to really get into the moves. I'm not even hurting this morning like I usually do the day after so I'm excited about that. I'm afraid I may have gone over my calories a bit yesterday but I'm back on track today. I will workout again tonight too. I have to get in all the workouts I can this week because I will be on a cruise next week and don't think I will do too much working out! I'm going to try really hard to keep my eating under control while I'm gone too.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!

Memaw
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Great job reaching that first goal!:flowerforyou: What are you doing for your new routine?

Hope everyone has an awesome day. Tomorrow is weigh in day for most of us. Last chance work-out and eat right before weigh in day!

I started the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels and added a 30-40 walk/jog. I burn around 700-800 calories a day. I also increased my lbs lost goal to 2/week, most days I feel I am shoving food in to meet all my calories. And on my rest day I am hungry all day and give myself the day off but I figure that is to help prevent starvation mode. :laugh:
  • Renee973
    Renee973 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goals! :flowerforyou:

I had a rough weekend, but got a great start to the week yesterday as I went running for 40 minutes then did a 20 minute cooldown on my bike. I usually just want to relax in a hot bath after I run that long, but the weather was so nice yesterday I just wanted to be outside. :smile: For dinner I had baked chicken breast, a little bit of mashed potatoes, and some steamed peas.

Today is supposed to be my rest day, but I think I'll do some yoga instead!:happy:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    I did my workout last night and it felt great because my knee didn't hurt at all and I was able to really get into the moves. I'm not even hurting this morning like I usually do the day after so I'm excited about that. I'm afraid I may have gone over my calories a bit yesterday but I'm back on track today. I will workout again tonight too. I have to get in all the workouts I can this week because I will be on a cruise next week and don't think I will do too much working out! I'm going to try really hard to keep my eating under control while I'm gone too.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day!!

Memaw

So glad to hear that your knee is doing better. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds! I am super excited this because it is my TOM and I still managed to lose. I did not go over my calories any time during the past week, but I also did not exercise at all! I need to do better with the working out this coming week. Great job on everybody's progress.

Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 179 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 177 (-2)
    Week 2 July 29 - 175 (-2)

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday
    Week 13 October 14 .
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 American Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!
  • cpafford79
    Options
    I went on a trip with my youth group last week and seriously FELL OFF THE WAGON!!! I tried my best to make heatlhy eating choices, but when you eat out every meal for 6 solid days it makes it really hard. Especially when the 6 teenagers you are with constantly want to go to the mall for dinner! Plus it was my TOM and I didn't drink anywhere near my water goal! As a result, I gained 5 lbs (some of which I am hoping is my TOM gain):grumble: :noway: Oh well:ohwell: , what to do??? I started off fresh this morning and am happy to say that I am back at it again!! I'm not going to let one little set back deter my entire future!

:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

SW (June 2009): 188
    Week 1 July 22 - 179
    Week 2 July 29 - 184 (+5) :sad: :sad:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hey cpaffored79! Just wanted to let you know there was a new thread so we don't lose you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61564-looking-good-for-christmas-week-3

And don't worry too much about last week! I seriously doubt you gained a whole 5 pounds in a week, I bet you find that you're right back down where you were before after a couple days of you're regular routine! Also, that happens to me EVERY month during my TOM:grumble: . I've gotten to where I never even weigh myself that week!