Issues...

Options
1235»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I try to be a 'fixer'... people tell me their problems and instead of allowing them to 'vent', I try to come up with solutions. It has actually LOST me some friends in the past.:frown: Something that I am trying to work on daily. :flowerforyou:

I do this too. But it has never cost me a friend...
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm way too nice.

I also believe the best in people even after they prove me wrong.

I trust too easily.

The worst issue I have....is I expect the people in my life to treat me like I treat them! *gasp*

I used to be like this, and now I'm just pissed at the person that destroyed it. As I get older, I see more and more that destroys my faith in the humanity of people around me. When did nice become so rare? When did honesty bow down before selfishness?
    Do everything you can to hold onto your niceness, and keep forgiving as long as you can. It might get you hurt, but hurt is better than the bitterness that follows when you discover that you just can't see the best anymore.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm an emotional sponge, and very receptive to the emotions in a room. If the people around me are happy, I am, and if they aren't, I'm not. I feel like a shadow of a person sometimes, apathetic on my own.

Whoa...eerily similar to me.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have Social Anxiety Disorder. It's torture because I'm an extrovert, but I'm TERRIFIED of people, LOL. It doesn't matter whether it's a grocery store clerk being friendly, trying to make friends at my new church, hanging out with people I've known for ten years, or calling my mother on her birthday, social situations seriously panic me. Luckily, I have a very outgoing husband, and all of his friends have become my friends, and they are all awesome people.

I have a secret fear that when my kids are grown, I will lose touch with them because I will be afraid to call them and they will get too busy to call me. :(

I have been slowly getting better over the last two years, but it's something that I've had all my life, and won't ever completely go away.
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    I keep losing the right fellow that goes with my left sock :(

And I'm insane.

Space Ghost ROCKS!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Oh.....where to start.

Due to being told all my life that I was fat and that, unless I lost weight, boys wouldn't want to date me I have a hard time seeing myself as I truly am......I think I'm way bigger and unloveable....luckily I have an awesome and patient hubby. (I weight 117 lbs at about 5'3" when I graduated high school).

I don't like being out of control and definitely need to have the control.....I'm getting better at this and it's why I'm in control of the finances....relieves the stress and I'm better at it!!!

I have a hard time making friends and don't really believe people when they say they like hanging out with me. I feel like people just put up with me and don't really want to be my friend.

I worry A LOT!!!! About everything!!!!

I have a hard time saying no....which can be bad because I will help others and burn myself out.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've got lots of National Graphic issues....

In reality, I have a hard time asking people to help me do things we've agreed to share. For example, I just try to make it visible I'm working on a shared duty hoping they'll get the hint. Then I get aggravated when they don't help.

JM
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I try to be a 'fixer'... people tell me their problems and instead of allowing them to 'vent', I try to come up with solutions. It has actually LOST me some friends in the past.:frown: Something that I am trying to work on daily. :flowerforyou:

I do this too. But it has never cost me a friend...

You are a lucky lady...
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I get angry easily, act on that anger without thinking it through...and messy chaos ensues.

I'm pretty good at holding onto things I should let go of too.

Both of these make me look more of an idiot than tough, I think...Which is what I deserve when I've been unfair.

I am sensitive too, always have been. I am an empath which is a double-edged sword...having extreme empathy enables me to work well when helping others, but it's a cross to bear of sorts too, as I've had to toughen up in order to function in this world.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm way too trusting/gullible. I always see the good in people, until it's too late.

I procrastinate, have a rather irreverent sense of humor, and tend to be too literal.

I also become very internal for long periods of time, pretty much ignoring my loved ones. Luckily, they keep me around for entertainment value. :tongue: