how long do you workout each day

Options
1235»

Replies

• xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    On a good day, I do 3 miles on the treadmill and an hour on the cross ramp!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I usually workout for about 30-40 minutes daily, but for the past week I've been doing about an hour.
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do 45 min strength training 2 x per week and depending on the day and work 45 min to 60 min cardio 6 days a week this includes the days I do strength training. I make it a goal to burn between 4000 to 5000 per week...because I am considered "obese" I can reach this goal but the more I lose the harder I have to work to make that goal. This week was only 4199 calories burned.
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    45mins workout ime
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm off work for the summer (work for an elementary school) so I've increased my workouts to 90 minutes, 6 days a week and that combined with eating well, is making the weight come off. (my goal calories burned at the gym right now is 1,000 a day) I alternate between elliptical machine and treadmill, changing the program and intensity weekly, and run 3 times a week. I'm about to complete C25K!

When work starts back up, in order to fit lunch into my daily routine, I may have to scale the workouts back to an hour, but it will depend on my schedule, as it changes each year.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Since I am cutting down on weight right now I do cardio on empty stomach 4 times a week for no more than 30 minutes. I do about a 20 minute session of high intensity and in the last 10 minutes I do a slower pace session such as getting on an exercise bike. After 20 minutes of high intensity I literally feel dead.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    45 min in the morning, 30-75 minutes in the evening.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    30 - 45 min. running 5 days/wk
    60 min. running 1 day/wk
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I usually work out about an hour a day. I have one or two rest days depending on how I feel.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Unmotivated days 30mins but most days 1hr to 3.5 hrs
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I workout about 20 minutes per week. I also try and get in some walking or biking --- about ten minutes per day. One or two days I power walk for about 15/20 minutes.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Lift weights 3 days a week - approx. 45-55 mins. Run intervals/run 2 days a week - approx. 25 mins. Rest at least 2 days.
  • addavis745
    Options
    As an educator, I am able to work out frequently during the summer break.. I work out 3 times a day for 90 minutes each time, mostly on the tread mill. However when school starts again, I will only be able to work out twice a day ( morning jog and evening jog) I should reach my goal by October ( if not sooner):happy: of losing 60lbs.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1 hr-1hr 15 min 6 days a week; strength training and HIIT.
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I work out however long Tony Horton tells me to during the 6 days per week when I push play, LOL!!!
    It works out to about around and hour per day.

21371726.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I do 30 minutes on the exercise bike 6 times a week but i am focusing on making most of those an hour right now so i'm working out 6 days at an hour a time at the moment.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    It varries, but an average week is probably 5 days of workouts (sometimes twice a day) and an hour per workout. 3 of which are typically high intensity and the rest moderate.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I do:

- Karate is twice a week for 90 minutes
    - Step class maybe once a week for 60 minutes

Everything else is just gym floor work on cardio and weights equipment, maybe 3-4 times a week:

- Treadmill for 40-60 minutes + 20-30 minutes of weights (60-90 minutes total)
    - Or (instead of treadmill) elliptical/cross trainer for 40 minutes or so + 20-30 minutes of weights (60-70 minutes total)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    1-2 hours a day even rest days where i'll do a leisure walk around the lake and/or yoga
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred, so usually do 2 levels in a row. That means I am working out for approximately 40 minutes a day. Short time, but I'm hoping it'll lend to great results! Fingers crossed.