I WALL SIT CHALLENGE you!

Options
hmo4
hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
I started today back at the wall sitting with a 6lb Med Ball between my knees-(squeezing to distract the other pain!). Day 1- 2:00. Let's build our Quads together! Who`s in......

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have a med ball :grumble:
  • Bobbi86
    Bobbi86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Use anything that can be squeezed. Any ball (though weighted helps) will help you engage your muscles. It can be done with no ball, too. Good luck!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'll give it a shot...:tongue:

exercise.png
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot...it sounds easy, so I know it must be a killer! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok..........so what is a wall sit.................and why oh why did I come in this room?:laugh:

Somehow I just KNOW this is going to hurt:grumble:

I will try it if you tell me what it is, or send me a link. I am up for challenge this day!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • hmo4
    Options
    Here's a link...http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/blexerciseball.htm. There are other variations, but we can start with this one! :drinker: You don't have to have anything between your knees, it's just for more muscle engagement. Keep the knees apart (square). Hands, and arms should be hanging down, not used for support. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I can do this in the bathroom at work!! I already do push ups and was doing squats, but that is boring.

Wall sits it is!! I will let you know how I do!!

• skywalker
    Options
    So, are we just giving it a go and reporting how we do?

exercise.png
  • toots99
    Options
    I forgot to do it today! i did spin class and was so beat after, it slipped my mind!
  • hmo4
    Options
    I can do this in the bathroom at work!! I already do push ups and was doing squats, but that is boring.

Just don't be grunting and moaning and walk out with "wobbly" sore legs or people are gonna worry what you ACTUALLY do in the bathroom!:laugh: :laugh: (great idea though).

Ya, we can just do it and report how we're improving, like the plank challenge thread. My legs are still sore from 2 days ago-wicked lower workout! Will do it today or tomorrow though.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I started today back at the wall sitting with a 6lb Med Ball between my knees-(squeezing to distract the other pain!). Day 1- 2:00. Let's build our Quads together! Who`s in......

One word: OW!
  • toots99
    Options
    TWO MINUTES?! I was dying after 30 seconds! But, in my defense I had just finished doing my C25K running for the day and a hard leg/butt workout after that! :happy:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    1st time trying it.... 34 seconds. Bout the same as my planks started. LOL Well, now I'll be doing both, only way to go is UP! :wink: :smile:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this when I get home - I'll remember to choose a load-bearing wall. :tongue: I'll post later tonight how long I lasted -

my guess = 26 seconds. :indifferent:
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    Oh my, I tried this yesterday and *barely* lasted 30 seconds. And I thought my quads were strong!

Had a major workout today though so will go at it again tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Just don't be grunting and moaning and walk out with "wobbly" sore legs or people are gonna worry what you ACTUALLY do in the bathroom!:laugh: :laugh: (great idea though).

Ya, we can just do it and report how we're improving, like the plank challenge thread. My legs are still sore from 2 days ago-wicked lower workout! Will do it today or tomorrow though.

I announce as I returned to my cubie,that I was squatting in the bathroom....
    My BFF said good for you
    The girl infront of me said gross
    the girl across from me said TMI

all at the same time!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I did 30 seconds 2x.

I will have to do this on non trainer days. But I know I can do better than 30 seconds!! WOOT!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh my, I tried this yesterday and *barely* lasted 30 seconds. And I thought my quads were strong!

Had a major workout today though so will go at it again tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Nina, it is just a different challenge for the same area..........these challenges are awesome to keep from plateauing..............great job!:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    guessed 26 seconds..
    remembered a post saying 34 seconds...
    so I pushed through to 35 seconds on my first ever wall sit...
    my legs feel like jell-o & i think it's time to lay down. LOL I'll add them to my 'potty break routine' at work.
  • skywalker
    Options
    30 seconds:tongue: In my defense, I've put in 86 miles on my bike so far this week and am planning 50 miles for tomorrow and don't want to fatigue my legs too much.... I know... excuses, excuses...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will keep trying. That was really tough. I like this challenge :happy:

exercise.png