I WALL SIT CHALLENGE you!

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I decided to try it again after a short bike ride. I did 1:00. That's a total of 2:05 against the wall today. My first try a few days ago was :30 :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png

:drinker: :drinker: WTG-my legs are still a bit sore, but I'm gonna get moving soon and start the dreaded planks.:grumble: Keep ya posted.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    anybody tried to do a wall sit in HEELS!!! ok now THAT is a real leg work out! I only last 20 seconds that way!

:frown:
  • hmo4
    Options
    I can't even stand in heels nevermind wall sit! When your a flat footed Nurse, you just stick to the runners and flip flops!:happy:
  • countindowntothin
    Options
    yeah didn't consider that! Well try doing it on your tippy toes! I'm telling you there is some serious burn in it! :bigsmile:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    yesss today i got 1 minute :smile: nothing compared to most of you, but it was a great improvement from my first time of just 35 seconds! I like this challenge. Now, if only the bathroom were carpeted, I could do planks...:indifferent:

ETA - i did it in heels today, I wear heels to work daily, I lasted longer in my heels here at work than bare footed at home? :tongue: explain that?
  • hmo4
    Options
    yesss today i got 1 minute :smile: nothing compared to most of you, but it was a great improvement from my first time of just 35 seconds! I like this challenge. Now, if only the bathroom were carpeted, I could do planks...:indifferent:

ETA - i did it in heels today, I wear heels to work daily, I lasted longer in my heels here at work than bare footed at home? :tongue: explain that?

WTG! I'll try it on Leg day. I would think it might work your calves more, maybe hams? Today was better for me...3:30 on the wall, plank- 2:30, 1:40. R plank-1:40, L plank-1:30. Improving anyway. Strength trained for almost 2 hours. Not much else to do in crappy weather. I need new music, that's my prob. Any reccommendations? I like "today's hits", some country. Keep on goin gals, we're doing great!:drinker:
  • countindowntothin
    Options
    hows everybody doing on the Wall sit challenge?? I broke my time this morning, I am up to 45 sec now....which is still low compared to some, but its grown dramatically!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did my Challenges. The good news-I WS for 3:00! Did it first thing of my workout. But planking-:sad: :sad: . I was so dissappointed. 1:30! I did worse than last time. It just put me in a bad mood for the afternoon. I work my abs hard and have decent looking abs, it's my lower back. Just kills. Anyone know good lower back strenthening exercises to do? :flowerforyou:

Have you tried lower back extensions? Good for the core which supports the lower back then.

Is it too late to join this challenge?
  • bikegirl777
    Options
    I tried the wall sit and got up to 1:15. I haven't been running for a few days so my legs are nice and fresh. I love the idea of a daily challenge.

Doing it in heels reminds me of something I used to do in the gym called 'ballet squats.' Basically it was a tippie toes squat.

I'll have to give the arm plank a go just as soon as I look it up.....
  • countindowntothin
    Options

you lay down on your stomache and lift up and balance on your toes and elbows...your supposed to be straight like a plank from your head to your feet, some people poke their butts up slightly, but correctly you should be straight................
  • JStarnes
    Options

you lay down on your stomache and lift up and balance on your toes and elbows...your supposed to be straight like a plank from your head to your feet, some people poke their butts up slightly, but correctly you should be straight................

Oh my friend the plank. If you feel like you're going to die after 30 seconds - you're doing them right. :noway:

ETA- wall sit time today = 1min 12seconds. my quads are not happy with me.
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    First time ever doing a wall sit.... lasted 46 seconds and will definitely feel it tomorrow. And now I am going to try planks for the first time ~ Wish me luck!:flowerforyou:

248350.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • countindowntothin
    Options
    First time ever doing a wall sit.... lasted 46 seconds and will definitely feel it tomorrow. And now I am going to try planks for the first time ~ Wish me luck!:flowerforyou:

248350.png

good luck!!! Your gonna ReALLY feel it tomorrow but you'll appreciate them awesome abs in a few months!
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am joining the challenge. First wall sit 35 sec(pitiful?) I will try a plank later and update:bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I am joining the challenge. First wall sit 35 sec(pitiful?) I will try a plank later and update:bigsmile:

Not at all pitiful!!! That was the same as my first try :tongue: :drinker: :tongue:

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    3:00 on the wall today!!! :happy: (In 2 sessions) Rainy weather here, so I had to bike on my trainer tonight. Rode for a while, did 1:30. Finished my ride, did another 1:30. While I haven't tried the wall sit in heels, I did do it in my bike shoes (for clipless pedals). I think they gave me more traction!!:laugh:

exercise.png
  • JStarnes
    Options
    sad sad sad - 2nd try at wall sitting today was just 30 seconds. :grumble: BUT in my defense, I had just finished a pretty intense workout focused on everything below my waiste...and only did it bc there was $10 riding on it. LOL but my cousin gave up 20 seconds in, so I just held it for 10 more seconds b/c I could and b/c it was next to impossible to wall sit next to her w/o laughing at her struggling & moaning like someone was killing her. :laugh: :laugh: Then I felt like I couldn't walk. My poor poor quads. :indifferent:
  • countindowntothin
    Options
    if I had money riding on it everytime I could probably do more, maybe I should try that! lol
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    Wall sit today 1:35, Plank 1:34 I had better shoes on and I was determined to do better that yesterday
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    2nd wall sit...1:36
    1st plank...30 seconds... I got to keep trying on it!:grumble:
    Those were hard!!!

248350.png