I WALL SIT CHALLENGE you!

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm soo pumped for you guys-I love these challenges cause it's it's something to do to compete with yourself. I'm planking-elbow and side tomorrow, and WS also. I did the 200 Squat challenge with weights last month. It was awesome. I'm gonna start the 100 push up one again on Monday. I had got to 27 when my shoulder redislocated...so now after 2 surgeries, I'm S..L..O...W..L...Y...gonna start again. Initial test-8. WHO'S IN? http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    AAAHH!!!! You're killing me!!!:tongue: But it's a good thing!!!:laugh: :laugh: I'm in. It'll go well with my rowing :happy:

exercise.png
  • hmo4
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: I love it! I'm doing each challenge 3x/wk so my body has time to rest. Aiming for M-W-F for now, but we'll see. Too much of something isn't always good either. Those muscles need to rest and repair to grow. :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Plus I'm in a cycling group and need to meet my 125 mile a week goal :tongue:
  • hmo4
    Options
    Ok, I did my Challenges. The good news-I WS for 3:00! Did it first thing of my workout. But planking-:sad: :sad: . I was so dissappointed. 1:30! I did worse than last time. It just put me in a bad mood for the afternoon. I work my abs hard and have decent looking abs, it's my lower back. Just kills. Anyone know good lower back strenthening exercises to do? :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am out. My knees hurt behind the knee caps.............I think I did it running...........so I have to be easy on the knees for a big.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, I did my Challenges. The good news-I WS for 3:00! Did it first thing of my workout. But planking-:sad: :sad: . I was so dissappointed. 1:30! I did worse than last time. It just put me in a bad mood for the afternoon. I work my abs hard and have decent looking abs, it's my lower back. Just kills. Anyone know good lower back strenthening exercises to do? :flowerforyou:

Hmmm, have you adjusted your butt? My LPT showed me to bring my butt up just a bit out of line with my body if my lower back hurts. It works like a charm.

I still canNOT do the side plank for more than 5 seconds:tongue:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    I'm in.
    Gotta find an empty wall, now...
    I'll edit with my time.

Edit:

LOL, I'm so pathetic.
    34 seconds, and then I fell. My legs were goin' shakety-shake, and then WHAM, I fell against my door.
    My mom ran in and was like "Ohmygod! What happened?" And I was laughing like crazy at myself.
  • hmo4
    Options
    I am out. My knees hurt behind the knee caps.............I think I did it running...........so I have to be easy on the knees for a big.

:flowerforyou: Rest it out-you don't want to wreck the knees for sure! Once their feeling better, then you can try again. I had bad shin splints and restless legs while I was doing the squat challenge -all about the form. Didn't think I'd be able to finish it, but I took breaks and days off, cause I was too stubborn to go so far into and have to quit. So I finished it with better form. :bigsmile: Definitley noticed some shape change and obvious strength to them. Back to the friggin planking tomorrow....
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm in.
    I'll edit with my time.

Edit:

LOL, I'm so pathetic.
    34 seconds, and then I fell. My legs were goin' shakety-shake, and then WHAM, I fell against my door.
    My mom ran in and was like "Ohmygod! What happened?" And I was laughing like crazy at myself.

HIgh FIVE!! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:flowerforyou: Rest it out-you don't want to wreck the knees for sure! Once their feeling better, then you can try again. I had bad shin splints and restless legs while I was doing the squat challenge -all about the form. Didn't think I'd be able to finish it, but I took breaks and days off, cause I was too stubborn to go so far into and have to quit. So I finished it with better form. :bigsmile: Definitley noticed some shape change and obvious strength to them. Back to the friggin planking tomorrow....

Lol...they are friggin planks, aint they!!

I have session with the trainer on Tuesday, hopefully they are better by then and she can tell me what I am doing wrong. I KNOW it is the running and that isnt important to me...........I did my mile, I am happy.

I want muscle!! push ups, squats, planks.......all important to me. Now the wall sit is my new nemesis. I must.....do IT!!:laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm in.
    I'll edit with my time.

Edit:

LOL, I'm so pathetic.

HIgh FIVE!! :bigsmile:

Right back atcha! :laugh:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Okay, I tried this and it was killing my knees. So, I moved my back up the wall to take the pressure off of my knees. I just held the position much longer. I figure it still helps some. I did a little research and found this. "If you're new to the exercise, only slide down a few inches until you get a feel for the exercise and know how your body will respond. " My new "ease into it" mantra!:happy:
  • hmo4
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! Sliding up the wall and down give different ranges and challenges to your muscles and keeps them guessing!:drinker: Wait till we do 1 legged ones!:bigsmile: WE ARE GOING TO BUILD MUSCLES TOGETHER. Cardio is great, but for our age, (mine anyway) the muscle building is even more important. Did you guys ever see an Incline Trainer? Check it out, I want one. ProForm makes it and Jillian Michael endorces it. Looks like an awesome workout-especially if she's barking at ya! Must save some $$$$. I'll keep ya posted on my friggin planking tomorrow....Uggg:grumble:
  • hmo4
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! Sliding up the wall and down give different ranges and challenges to your muscles and keeps them guessing! Turning your toes inward or outward SLIGHTLY, changes the angle and different muscles are engaged.:drinker: Wait till we do 1 legged ones!:bigsmile: WE ARE GOING TO BUILD MUSCLES TOGETHER. Cardio is great, but for our age, (mine anyway) the muscle building is even more important. Did you guys ever see an Incline Trainer? Check it out, I want one. ProForm makes it and Jillian Michael endorces it. Looks like an awesome workout-especially if she's barking at ya! Must save some $$$$. I'll keep ya posted on my friggin planking tomorrow....Uggg:grumble:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    Hm... 37 seconds today. Oh well, at least I'm from 34 yesterday.
    I remember in 7th grade, we did these for volleyball, and I used to go for 5 minutes.
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I've been alternating these with planking today, and all I can say is OUCH! I think my body is burned out. :grumble:
  • skywalker
    Options
    I made it to 1:05 on the wall!!! OUCH!! My legs now feel like rubber :tongue: Haven't done the plank challenge. After summer, I'll be doing more strength training. Good luck everyone!!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker:

exercise.png
  • hmo4
    Options
    Taking today off. Came back to the lake for crappy weather and a very cranky 16 yr old. :grumble: Plan to get up tomorrow and do my stuff then. It's just so like fall here it's so depressing...
  • skywalker
    Options
    I decided to try it again after a short bike ride. I did 1:00. That's a total of 2:05 against the wall today. My first try a few days ago was :30 :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png