I WALL SIT CHALLENGE you!

Options

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i did the wall sit, but not with a ball cause i don't have one, i did it with my shoe! it was awkward so i think it is valid!

i did it for a minute, and then i quit, i didn't like it!!!

1 minute!
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    Plank 2 minutes
    Wall sit 1 minute :bigsmile:

Legs were sore from biking. I didn't like it either but must keep trying

214981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • sarwood1
    sarwood1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! Planks for 2 minutes! That's awseome!
    I can only do about 30 seconds and that's pushing it.
    Keep it up!

Day3
    Wall Sit 1 min
    Plank 30 sec
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am so pumped. I WS for 4:00 min with the med ball-1 whole song! I've never been able to do that. Planking? Have to do it late. HATE IT!! Had a good leg workout yesterday and am quite sore today. Had a good power walk this am though, so by tomorrow I should be getting around by Army Crawl:laugh: :laugh:
    I'll keep you posted with the plank. Upper body later....keep it up gals! We're all improving with each attempt!
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    I think someone asked this already but do you put the ball between your knees or do you support it on your thighs?
  • hmo4
    Options
    I think someone asked this already but do you put the ball between your knees or do you support it on your thighs?

You put it between your knees and squeeze while your sitting. It actually distracts you from the pain your quads are in! Great work out for a lot of different leg muscles!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My trainer emailed me a picture of a ball............I am so scared:laugh:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Only did 1:30 against the wall today. Long bike ride tomorrow and I like to take it easy the day before (easy spin to stay loose). I'll try harder on Sunday. Still haven't done the plank challenge. It scares me!!!
    :laugh: :noway: :laugh:

exercise.png
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Oooh! this is fun! I did 30 and 46. It hurts more than I thought it would!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Plank 2 minutes
    Wall sit 1 minute :bigsmile:

Legs were sore from biking. I didn't like it either but must keep trying

214981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

If you like biking, feel free to join this club...:happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61400-mfp-spitfires-cycling-club-week-5

Side note.. Investing in a good pair of bike shorts makes a big difference. Buy womens' specific. The padding is shaped differently for the boys :happy:

exercise.png
  • hmo4
    Options
    Oh my, I power walked yesterday here at the lake where there are hills...needless to say-I CAN'T MOVE TODAY! My hubby keeps laughing at me! I'll be dancing later, but really rethinking the shoes I was going to wear! My shoulder is also a bit sore, so I may just have to take it easy for the next couple of days. Darn, no planking.:tongue: But I can't risk reinjury...I start back to work after over 2 yrs, and 2 surgeries on Tuesday finally! Way to go guys on your challenges-your awesome. Doesn't it feel good when you improve?

Sky-you'd probably wall sit for 10 min if you did it before your biking!:laugh: :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options

Sky-you'd probably wall sit for 10 min if you did it before your biking!:laugh: :drinker:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't know if I could ever wall sit for that long :laugh:

exercise.png
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    My first wall sit, 1:07. When my son was in wrestiling, they used to do wall sits, and he was always the first to go. I'd rib him about it, and he'd tell me that they weren't as easy as they look. Well they aren't, but if a middle aged overweight mom can beat an in his prime youngster, it's a sad sad day. So we'd compete. My time is nowhere as good as it got back then :laugh:

Planks are another story altogether... only 40 seconds for my first one...
  • cellorocker
    Options
    My first wall sit, 1:07. When my son was in wrestiling, they used to do wall sits, and he was always the first to go. I'd rib him about it, and he'd tell me that they weren't as easy as they look. Well they aren't, but if a middle aged overweight mom can beat an in his prime youngster, it's a sad sad day. So we'd compete. My time is nowhere as good as it got back then :laugh:

LOL, my mom would rag on me too. When I was in volleyball, we had to hold them for at least 3 minutes, or it was a lap around the gym (mind you, we had a huge gym). My mom would always make fun of me because I was usually the first to go (right at the 3 minute mark too). Then I got her to try one, she held it for about 25 seconds, then she fell right on her butt! :laugh:
    Sadly, now my time is about 40 seconds. :noway:
  • hmo4
    Options

LOL, my mom would rag on me too. When I was in volleyball, we had to hold them for at least 3 minutes, or it was a lap around the gym (mind you, we had a huge gym). My mom would always make fun of me because I was usually the first to go (right at the 3 minute mark too). Then I got her to try one, she held it for about 25 seconds, then she fell right on her butt! :laugh:
    Sadly, now my time is about 40 seconds. :noway:

Well now you've got a good goal to aim towards. I'm still in bed beat and sore. Was going to run today-maybe later yet.:yawn: Haven't planked in about a week. My legs are still a bit off, maybe by Wed. I'll be up for it. Keep on pluggung away, that's all I can say!
  • julster324
    Options
    Planks for only 1 minute today. Need to work harder tomorrow
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I wall planked for 1 minute this morning, and then did 30 sec side planks on each side!!!! My best yet! I did a wall sit for well over a minute last night but not sure how long, I was watching tv and forgot what I was doing! :happy:
  • skywalker
    Options
    I haven't checked in in a few days. Was a bit under the weather sunday when I planned on my wall sit. (skipped a bike ride too :frown: ) I have a long ride tonight, so I'm planning on attempting the plank today. Hoping for :10 :laugh: Maybe I'll wall sit too. I'll check in later. Good luck everyone!!! :happy:

exercise.png
  • julster324
    Options
    Wall sit twice today 1:10 and 1:30 plank for 2:15. I think I will try a side plank, never have done that.

Keep Going!!
  • hmo4
    Options
    Wall sit twice today 1:10 and 1:30 plank for 2:15. I think I will try a side plank, never have done that.

Keep Going!!

You are a planking machine!-Did mine, about 1:45 again. I'm struggling...Sides about 1 min each. Must continue...WS tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
    How many times do you plank? I've been doing it twice in a workout, once or twice a week.