What some of your best NSV's so far?

Options

Replies

• m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Fit into some rides at Disney (e.g. Space Mountain) that I couldn't before!

I know what you mean. I was excited about that too!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    1. actually noticed my belly had gotten smaller (I don't notice these things)
    2. I watched a pizza hut commercial and didn't immediately salivate and obsess about getting the pizza asap (this is HUGE for me!!!)
    3. A tight pair of jeans I have (but they are stretchy) kept falling down little bits as I walked.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Some of my NSV's

1: Needing to put more holes in my belt.
    2: Going out and buying new shorts and pants b/c my old ones are waaaay to loose now.
    3: I can wear a large tshirt now... and it is loose on me.
    4: Can walk a mile in 6 mins 3 sec.... Sweet.
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    After losing fifty lbs, I finally got a job... and kept it.
    For a whole YEAR! And I'm still going!

Love watching my work belt slowly wrap further around me, lol!
  • cowboyfanje
    cowboyfanje Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best NSV's for me so far are:

1> Having to tighten my belt 2 notches and working on a third notch to keep my pants from falling.
    2> Being able to bend over and touch my toes or bend down and not have trouble breathing because my gut was compressing my chest.
    3> Being able to reduce my BP medicines and still have a "normal" BP range.
    4> Being able to run faster and longer on the treadmill.
    5> Needing to buy new "medium" shorts as "large" shorts are falling off because they are too big...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks ago I went to Victoria Secrets and FINALLY my boobs are shrinking :bigsmile: went from 40 E to a 34 D. I was stuck at 36 D for the longest time then got to a 34 DD and couldn't get that extra D off the end and to find a 34 DD is not easy.
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    Ive moved out of the super dangerous Blood pressure category I was in. I was measured at 180/103 and I have no idea how long it was like that. I instantly eliminated ALL the TV Dinners I was eating, the Mr Noodles (pure salt, like 3000 mg per pack) and all other canned foods including what i thought were "healthy soups" . My last measurement this week at the Dr was 144/89. Still high and I am still on the medicine as I am still 239 lbs at 5'6". Maybe someday Ill get down to a healthy range.

Less serious NSV is ive gone from 46 waist pants to 44
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    Non Scale Victory. Its a small positive change in your life regarding changing your lifestyle that does NOT involve the numbers on the scale.
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    I literally just started my transformation and already I can attest to nUmber 3. I have been eating clean for just 1.5 weeks after coming off a diet of TV Dinners, giant folded donair pizzas and poutine ( I am Canadian). I also spent 20 hours a day in the corner of my couch now I cant even sit for a minute and I get restless cause I got energy bubbling
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    Top 3 NSV's:
    1) My dimples are making a comeback!
    2) I fit in a size 11 dress and it looked great!
    3) Being proclaimed one of the hottest girls at work! lol
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some of my best NSV's:
    1. Eldest son joining in (without me knowing it) and losing 50 lbs on his own because "dad was an inspiration"
    2. Fitting relatively comfortably behind a steering wheel again
    3. Watching my kids devour healthier meals (chicken and brown rice stuffed peppers, spaghetti squash spaghetti, salads, green smoothies, etc)
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1) Gone from UK 22 to UK 16
    2) Hugely embaressed when I got new work trousers and I couldn't get them on. Now they're too big!
    3) Lots of compliments from friends and also some people that I didn't even think knew I existed!
    4) Gone from Morbidly Obese to Obese
    5) Hated cross trainer and struggled to last 5 minutes when I first went back to gym, can now do 15 minutes.
    6) My 13yr old son, out of the blue, told me that I looked really slim!

Biggest one for me, is for the first time ever, being absolutely certain that this time I will get to my goal. It's not just something that others do, I can and WILL do it too!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    1. Clothes are looser (a size smaller pair of pants hanging in my closet are getting closer to being wearable!!!)
    2. I increased my evening walking distance and no longer sound like an obscene phone caller when I climb up that last hill.
    3. My skin looks younger and healthier (some wrinkles a lot less noticeable!!!!)
    4. My dog is very happy because we take long walks every day.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Some of my best NSV's:
    1. Eldest son joining in (without me knowing it) and losing 50 lbs on his own because "dad was an inspiration"
    2. Fitting relatively comfortably behind a steering wheel again
    3. Watching my kids devour healthier meals (chicken and brown rice stuffed peppers, spaghetti squash spaghetti, salads, green smoothies, etc)

Wow! Getting your kids healthier will most likely prolong their lives - way to go, Dad!
  • QuirkyPanda
    QuirkyPanda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Having to wear a belt or constantly pull up my formerly-tight jeans/pants! :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    1. I can see my feet
    2. I can out press my 22 yo daughter
    3. I can lift more than my husband (in groceries)
    4. I've shrunk out of everything in my closet. (I had lots of sizes in the closet.
    5. I weigh less than my mother (First time in 15 years .. at least)
    6. I am happy (not so happy that I"m stopping, but happy with how far I've come and where I'm going)
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to comfortably wear a pair of pants that I haven't been able to button for a few years. :smile:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    1) my cholesterol is down over 100 points without any type of medication
    2) although I weigh more than I used to, I am wearing three sizes smaller due to heavy lifting
    3) I can dead lift my own weight and am almost to half my weight on bench press
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1. My thighs are toning up and getting smaller.
    2. My waist is smaller.
    3. I feel stronger and in more command of my body and my life!
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to shop in junior's sizes
    2, Riding on the swings at the amusement park
    3. Getting off anti-depressants
    4. Blood pressure way lower now
    5. Better lovin' ;-) if ya know what I mean
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!