Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    olive oil (optional)

pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*

Directions:

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

Enjoy!

*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.

I love this pizza crust!!

SW: 214.5 (05-29-12)
    CW:214.5 (06-05-12)
    GW: 199

Fruit/Veg- I had grapes and watermelon for breakfast
    Cardio- Not yet today
    Recipe- Cauliflower pizza crust

If anyone needs friends feel free to add me!

Wanted to update lol. I had carrots, cabbage, onions and peppers for lunch. Def a lot more veggies for me.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Here are you challenges for next week:

- Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted!

Week 2 FRUIT/VEGGIE: I'm off to a good start! My soup recipe will help...
    Week 2 CARDIO: I got this! I LOVE me some Jazzercise.
    Week 2 RECIPE: I LOVE this one - CHICKEN FAJITA SOUP:
    You can cook the chicken and peppers separately then add to soup or throw everything in a crock pot:

1 lb chicken breast, 1 package of fajita sesoning mix, 64+ oz of 99% fat free chicken broth (I add more broth to make more servings), 16 oz fat free philadephia cream cheese, jar of salsa, onion, pepper - green,orange, red, or yellow (u choose), chili powder & pepper & cumin (season to taste). Option to add a can of mexi-corn at the end. I freeze this soup in lunch-size portions to take to work.

Bring broth with cream cheese to boil until cream cheese melts, simmer, then add prepared chicken using the fajita mix, peppers, onions & season to taste. Option to add can of mexi-corn at the end (opt out if you are carb conscious). I've also added green chillies and tomatoes for variety.
  • puffinclaire
    Options
    Hi all, so this week has been good and bad. Bad because I didn't loose any weight :sad: but good because I've lost over an inch from round my middle so something must be working :happy:o
    Did pretty good with the challenges and went from 12 to 14 cups of water on 6 out of 7 days, stayed under my calorie goal 6 out 0f 7 and have just done day 7 of my new exercise today which is Befit in 90.
    SW - 160
    CW - 160

Looking forward to all the new recipes this time - what a great challenge!
    Have a great week everyone :flowerforyou:
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need this desperately!
    Start weight: 200
    August 29th goal weight: 185

Thanks for starting this challenge!

6/5 Weigh In: 200
    No loss, but I feel like the first week really helped me to focus more and made me more aware of my calories and my water intake. I stayed under calories 5 of the 7 days, and for my new exercise, it was kind of a cheat- moving all the furniture in the living room and cleaning baseboards :)

I am ready for this week and it's challenges; may share more than one recipe, because I have so many that I enjoy.
    Good luck to all!
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Since I just joined yesterday I haven't lost anything today, but I will post on next Tuesday. My main goal is to drink more water, exercise 5/7 and stay under or at least at calorie goal.

6/4/2012----SW
    6/5/2012----CW

GW
    187 by the End of August.
  • amycjd
    amycjd Posts: 3
    Options
    Not too bad.... drank extra water, added a new exercise (weights), but did not do so well staying under my calorie limit. Still, lost 2 pounds.
    CW: 153
    GW: 145
    I'm 5'11'', btw. I'm surprised more people don't post their height with their weight. It would be more meaningful.

Ready for this week's challenge. Also giving up alcohol, so that should help.
  • KathShum2012
    Options
    SW: 151.8
    CW: 151

This past weekend I attended my sisters wedding and didn't count my calories for the whole weekend. I am now back on track and hope the upcoming weeks are better.

I will be working on exercising everyday for at least 40min.

Good luck everyone!
  • lucysarah93
    Options
    SW:170
    CW:168 (ahh so excited to finally be in the 160s!!)

Challenges went really well this week. Stayed under my calorie goal 6/7 days, which is just short of a miracle for me! I persevered though to the tune of my first 2lb loss in about 5 months. Made a conscious effort to up my water intake, feel great to be hydrated all the time and have realized how little I drank before. New exercise was rowing, managed a total of 10,000m last week which I'm super proud of!

It's like you read my mind with the fruit/veg challenge for this week!
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This week I was able to increase my water from 8 glasses a day to 10-13 glasses a day.
    I stayed under my calories everyday.
    I didn't do my planned new exercise but I did incorporate other new exercises.

SW- 141
    CW- 141

Not upset about not losing since I feel I look better even though the number hasn't changed.
    My goal this week is to get out of the 40's.

I already eat a ton of fruits and veggies so I probably won't increase.
    I will post my veggie stirfry recipe later this week! Mmmm

Good luck on a new week everybody!
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    CW 137
    June 5th 137
    Goal weight 125 (Aug 28th (would like Aug 16th as my Bday)

Did not do so great on the challenges this week. Will continue to work on the water and attempt to be under my daily calories, as well as the new challenges this week

under calories only 2/7 days, some days only over a bit, other days lots--not my usual week as family here and harder.
    aiming to drink more water. Usually get 6, so aiming for 8 and over
    started Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown the week before, did swimming this week that I don't normally do, other than that continue to run and yoga
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Ok, So my recipe is one that my Grandmother used to make for us grandkids. It's Eggs in Tomato Sauce. The directions are pretty simple. Heat up tomato sauce, can be jarred if you like it, homemade, or just plain sauce from the can. Then poach some eggs in it. When the eggs are cooked serve. You can serve over pasta if you wish or just have it plain. It is delicious!!! and a great way to get protein.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well, it won't let me edit my weight into my previous post, so:

SW: 139
    W1: 139
    GW: 129

-no changes this week, but since I just upped my calories each day and lowered my loss/week to .5 lbs I'm not too upset by this! :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    CW: 205lbs

Goals for June:
    - Lose 6 lbs (199 lbs and under 200!!! )
    - Work out at least 4x a week
    - Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    - Eat every 3hrs
    - Eat all calories and maybe some exercise cals (dont want to go into starvation mode)

-I was able to drink 8 glasses of water most days and 10 glasses two of the days.
    -I did Dance central instead of my normal BBL Cardio Axe. And that was a nice break/change in my routine.
    -I was also able to stay under my calories the whole week. Yaay!!!
  • dajackson81
    Options
    SW: 176
    CW: 174

2 pounds lost, woohoo!!!
  • ElaineP
    ElaineP Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SW 136
    CW 134

I did okay with the water most days. I added a new exercise. I did okay with my calories until the weekend when I didn't track. I had a graduation party at my house so tracking kind of fell by the wayside.

I typed this recipe earlier but something happened and it didn't post.

Taco chicken in the slow cooker

4 or 3 frozen skinless,boneless chicken breast
    1 package of low sodium taco seasoning
    1 cup of salsa
    1 can of fat free/low sodium cream of chicken soup

put frozen chicken in crock pot and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
    Mix salsa and chicken soup in a seperate bowl. Pour salsa and soup mixture over chicken
    Cook on low heat for about 7-8 hours. about 30 mins before it is done take out chicken and shred with 2 forks.
    Put back in crock pot and stir and cook for another 30 mins.

Serve in a taco shell,over rice, or over a bed of salad with fat free sour cream and avacado.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today. Got out and did a 30 minute walk going 3km burning 200 cals. Also did some strenghtening/toning exercises. Ate fairly well today, will have a couple 100 cals left at the end of the evening. Hope everyone had a good day.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    annttvldz: Challenges are posted weekly.

CHALLENGES:
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing in at 187.Small gain but I'm staying positive!