Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Not a good eating day - not ever finishing logging for the day. Still debating whether I am going to hit the treadmill this evening. Leaning towards no - very tired, and sore. Promise myself that I will get on it tomorrow. Pretty sure I gained a pound this week, feeling very bloated. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Well I ended up going for a 5.75km walk, and I did end up logging my food - went over but not as bad as I thought
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope it's been a good week!
    Don't forget, weigh-ins are tomorrow!

Here are your next challenges:
    - Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week
    - Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine
    - Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight?
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    Good Morning all!

I weighed in at 220.1 this morning.

I will give up diet soda's again. I did it for lent, (but gained a bit of weight), I will do it again, but not go overboard on the sweets this time.

My boss showed a bunch of us at work how useful a tool MFP is. He uses it to track his food for his dietician. My husband was told to lose weight, so for the first week of his eating healthy, I ate good at home and pigged out at work. After a bit, I wondered why I was such an idiot and started MFP to track food and exercise. Normally when I commit to something, I am totally committed. It will be five weeks tomorrow and I'm doing pretty good. Just have to make sure I can keep it up when the 1st plateau comes.

I don't have a normal routine... I'll add extra time when I do work out and try to add 15 minutes of sleep each night...
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    6/5 Pineapple, zucchini, celery
    6/6 Strawberries in cereal, carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli
    6/7 Strawberries in cereal, blueberries, pickles, string beans, lemon
    6/8 strawberries in cereal, blueberries, mango, string beans, corn, apple
    6/9 strawberries in cereal, side salad, carrots, tomato, cucumber, basil
    6/10 strawberries in cereal, pineapple, string beans, spinach, roasted red pepper, peach, apple, blueberries
    6/11 strawberries in cereal, string beans, pineapple, blueberries, cauliflower

- Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    6/5 45 min on treadmill
    6/6 60 min on elliptical
    6/7 43 min on treadmill
    6/8 60 min on treadmill
    6/10 54 min on elliptical
    6/11 30 min on treadmill

- Share a RECIPE with the group
    Eggs in tomato sauce posted earlier

SW= 170 lbs
    Wi1= 168.6 lbs

Wi2= 166 lbs

Loss this week = 2.6 lbs!!!
    GW by end of August= 155 lbs
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    CW: 205lbs

Goals for June:
    - Lose 6 lbs (199 lbs and under 200!!! )
    - Work out at least 4x a week
    - Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    - Eat every 3hrs
    - Eat all calories and maybe some exercise cals (dont want to go into starvation mode)

CW: 204lbs (-1) 5lbs to go for June

CW: 204lbs (-1lb)

6/12/2011: 204lbs (-1lb)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Summer Challenge week 2 results:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Weight 6/5: 157

Current weight 6/12: 155.5 (1.5 lbs. lost this week)

Challenge GW:143 (total 2.5 lbs. lost toward goal since start of challenge, 12.5 lbs. to go!)

week two additional challenge results:
    1) increase fruit/vegetable intake: I added one additional fruit each day and either increased portion size or added one additional vegetable each day -- SUCCESS!
    2) 30 minutes of cardio for at least 4 days -- I averaged at least 1 hour of cardio each day -- SUCCESS!
    3) Share a recipe with the group -- I shared my Deviled Veal Cutlets recipe a page or two back -- SUCCESS!
    (I'm still working on the week one challenge of drinking 2 additional glasses of water per day. I've never gone under 7 per day, but want to get a week of 10 each day to feel like I succeeded)

Oh, I did attain two goals yesterday that my doctor and I set at the beginning of the year -- I've lost 30 pounds so far this year, and yesterday the doctor took me off one of my two blood pressure medications because my blood pressure has dropped significantly due to the exercise and weight loss!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    -Will cut out candy for this week to reduce sugar intake.
    -Will add 15 min of exercise to my usual 45 min for a total of 60 minutes

-Im on MFP because I put on alot of weight during my pregnancy with my son after I had lost 40lbs right before he was born (see what happens get sexy and get pregnant :grumble: . Didnt realize I was as big as I was till I saw a pic of me from behind :sad: out in public in a fitted dress. smdh. But anyways I had been working out off and on but never seriously and never counting calories, turns out I was eating way too little calories and all the wrong things while NOT working out. FAIL. I ended up putting on more weight after I stopped breastfeeding. So here I am son is 16 months and working out. Since joining MFP on 5/16/12 (3 1/2 wks ago) I have lost 8 lbs and 44lbs to go. Thank in advance everyone for all your inspiring stories and support :heart:
  • dajackson81
    Options
    SW: 176
    1st week: 174

Still at 174 :(
  • dmull123
    dmull123 Posts: 1
    Options
    weigh in!
    62.5kg

(note- had to remake account. old username was 'daisymullins)
  • jenpeterson96
    jenpeterson96 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    weigh in - 162.4
    (gain 2.1 from last Tuesday)
  • sdai3
    sdai3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SW:178
    Wk1: 176.2
    Wk2: 174.4
    GW: 160

I got really distracted and didn't exercise as much as I usually do but I'll still take that loss.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Was really surprised this morning. Got on scale and was 152.2. Not much of a loss but at least not a gain. Did good in all challenges except the fruits and veggies, will have to work on that.
  • raph97
    raph97 Posts: 3
    Options
    Tough week for me. Not achieve my training goal. Getting back on track this week.

CW: 234

Have a great one everyone!
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    CHALLENGES:
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group

6/5 Update:
    Vegetables - No; This is going to be my weakness this week
    Cardio - Yes; Elliptical - 40 minutes
    Recipe - Crockpot Chicken Santa Fe by Closet Cooking (page 2 of thread)
    6/6 Update:
    Vegetables - No; This is going to be my weakness this week
    Cardio - Yes; Yoga - 60 minutes
    6/7 Update:
    Vegetables - Yes; Finally, I had tomatoes, pickles and avocado
    Cardio - Yes; Elliptical - 40 minutes
    6/8 Update:
    Vegetables - Yes; Woot!
    Cardio - Yes; Yoga - 60 minutes

6/9 Update:
    Vegetables - No;
    Cardio - No;

6/10 Update:
    Vegetables - Yes;
    Cardio - No
    6/11 Update:
    Vegetables - No;
    Cardio - Yes; Yoga 60 Minutes
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CW: 183.6 lbs (I loss this week! :happy: )
    W1W: 186lbs
    SW: 185 lbs
    Challenge GW: 170 lbs
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs
    Week 1 = 193.6 lbs
    Week 2 = 192.6 lbs
    Loss this week = 1 lbs!!!

Not as good as I wanted, but considering my birthday was this past weekend, I'm very surprised I didn't gain. :)

Next week will be better!
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    CW: 276
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    MFP SW: 170
    Challenge SW: 155
    Week 1: 156 :-(
    Week 2 153.8 :-D 2.2lbs loss from last week

Challenge GW: 141 (would love to get into the 130's though!)
    MFP GW: 126 (will possibly go further but see when I get there - I'm only 5'2" so this is still quite big for my height)

Are loads of fruit and veggies this week and drank plenty water
    Got my 4days of cardio in (swimming, exercise bike x2, cycling, mowing)
    Posted my jalfrezi recipe on page 4

So my story....

I used to be a tiny little thing at school until about the age of 17 when I discovered alcohol, through college I was still small but not tiny anymore and that's when I started to gain weight. I then went to uni and really let myself go! Had 3 years of drinking, eating, partying and enjoyed every minute. I kept telling myself uni is not the time to diet (and I still agree with that) I wanted to make the most of the experience as it's only 3 years and most people only get to do it once. So I finished uni in summer '10 and had to move 200miles from home to start my new job, sitting at a desk all day every day! I thought I was eating healthy and the weight would have to shift eventually. I mostly maintained for 2 years until this Feb when something finally snapped. I needed to do something. I saw my Aunty who was looking amazing, she told me about MFP and how she'd lost 8lbs in a month and suggested I join - so I did! and I've never looked back. In hindsight I know the reason I'm overweight is the alcohol. I've given it up since April and feeling loads better. I was never a big drinker really, would only drink when I was out with friends but I would drink about 5000calories on a weekend, then order pizza then have a big fry-up and sunday dinner the next day. Essentially my weekly calories in 2 days (slight exaggeration)!!

So I found myself in Feb 50lbs overweight and hating myself. I've lost 18lbs so far and feel so much better for it!! Another 28lbs to go!

I'm looking forward to reading all your inspirational stories! xx
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    W1: 200
    CW: 199.6

This past week was tough...but I'm happy to see a loss, even though it is a small one.

Week 3 Challenges are interesting, and I look forward to working my butt off and seeing a bigger loss by next Tuesday!
    Good luck to all! And Congrats to last week's biggest losers! Great job! Keep it up!
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Did more fruits and veggies 5 days
    did cardio 3 days
    no recipe(oops)

sw 169.4
    cw 164.8
    gw 155