Guiltless pizza? Does such a thing exist!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    All pizza is guiltless :)
  • KelseyLayne
    KelseyLayne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    if you like veggies Papa Murphy's has a really good Chicken Artichoke De'Lite Pizza! super filling and low cal..it feels like your cheating!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bumping for some yummy pizza ideas :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Please dont laugh at my post because I am dead serious! lol
    I am looking for a recipe for guiltless pizza. Not to eat everyday, or replace meals with it, but because once a week, or during the um...lady..times...I like to kind of loosen my grip JUST a little bit.

I know there is no such thing, but perhaps there are some supplements I can make?

For example...maybe using Polenta as a crust?
    Low fat 2% mozerrella cheese (1/4 a cup is only 80 calories)
    Some lower sugar sauce?

Surely such a thing can be made right?

lemme know if you have any ideas!

NOPE....NOTHING is Guiltless, If YOU are GUILT RIDDEN. GUILT is Psychological. I just ate "full fat..." pizza for dinner. I ate 2 pieces and feel GREAT, it was planned and within My calorie and sodium allotment.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    I don't know id you will like this pizza but i sure do. I use whole wheat pizza crust. grab a bad of spinach and cook it down with water till the water is gone. Then add some of the ragu its a low cal white sauce and add that to to spinach. Then put that on the crust then add other fav veggies and another kind of cheese. Pop in the over at 400 for 12 to 15 minutes.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Here's a radical idea and sooo delicious. We use Portobello mushrooms as individual pizza crust. Cutt off the stem and bake it for f minutes, then add your toppings. Mine were, Turkey pepperoni, Crumpled turkey sausage, a lil mozzarella, pineapple and coconut. We aren't big on tomato sauce so we didn't add any but you can totally add it. YUM!!! And healthy too!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving for later =)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Vegan Harvest pizza from American Flatbread. I don't know if you can only get it in New England, but it's yummy, and the whole thing is under 600 cal. NO cholesterol. But I don't so much get eating guilt right now. Regret occasionally...
  • wboswell88
    wboswell88 Posts: 31
    Options
    bump
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just eat pizza. Real, delicious, greasy pizza. You can't give up everything. Also, bacon. I will never buy turkey bacon. I like REAL bacon.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by for new ideas.:wink:

I've done Pita, Tortilla and now have tried Sandwich Thins with Trader Joe's no sodium Marinara Sauce, whatever veggies you might have on hand, cheese (measured out, of course) and toss them in the oven. Each time I make one they are different so the variety is nice, I've been particularly fond of the Sandwich Thins pizzas I've made in the last week. Just a nice change with that type of bread.

Hope you gain lots of new ideas to try out!:flowerforyou:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I use a low carb tortilla (71 calories), 1/4 c. of a no sugar added sauce, 1/3 c. fat free mozzarella cheese, and toppings: olives, onions, and sometimes a veggie or turkey sausage crumbled up. They're on the crispy side, but if I cut it in half and then fold it, it's more like a "NY style" (although thinner and not dripping with grease... lol)
  • Brandysaur
    Brandysaur Posts: 5
    Options
    I like to take a giant portobella mushroom cap and load it up with toppings. Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, you name it. The cap is the pizza;'s "crust", and since most of the fat and calories come from the crust, this is perfect. DELICIOUS. You can add as many toppings as you want with no guilt.
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It certainly does exist and it tastes much better than the regular greasy pizza! My husband makes it and says it is very easy. I'll ask him for the recipe, but I think you just buy the crust, pizza sauce, put whatever you like on it (shredded cheese, olives, mushrooms, cheese, pepperoni, canadian bacon, etc.) and bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    If you aren't in the mood to cook, and you really want pizza and have a CiCi's nearby, their thin crust veggie pizza is 70 calories per slice. I just ask them to make it with light sauce, light cheese, and heavy veggies. My kids love going to CiCi's, and I can go and enjoy completely guilt free. And it totally satisfies my pizza craving!
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's a radical idea and sooo delicious. We use Portobello mushrooms as individual pizza crust. Cutt off the stem and bake it for f minutes, then add your toppings. Mine were, Turkey pepperoni, Crumpled turkey sausage, a lil mozzarella, pineapple and coconut. We aren't big on tomato sauce so we didn't add any but you can totally add it. YUM!!! And healthy too!

That is a really cool idea! I am going to try this one.