Ladies....shave above the knee or not?

Options

Replies

• sapphireblu64
    Options
    i have never had to shave my legs a day in my life and as much as people are amaze at this i'am just as amaze that so many woman have to shave their legs. :ohwell:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to look like a gorilla from the knee up...shave that *kitten*. :happy:

Unless you have very fine, light colored hair...Then you will not look like a gorilla. ;)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to look like a gorilla from the knee up...shave that *kitten*. :happy:

Unless you have very fine, light colored hair...Then you will not look like a gorilla. ;)

Yeah, just an albino gorilla

snowflake-gorilla.jpg
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't shave...I spray that foamy stuff, wait 10 mins then wash off. Does the trick for me. Besides, being the voluptous woman I am, makes it easy to make sure that the backs of my legs are done. It lasts about two weeks for me now, guess that is an advantage of being older. It takes longer to grow back, and in certain spots, it doesn't grow back at all now.

Lucky me...

What is the foamy stuff called that you use. I hate shaving but I do it always looking for different products to use to make it easier for delicate parts but so far haven't found anything really good to use.

Veet works really well. I have it and it is what I use when I shave, but again, only the parts that will be visible to the public.

I use Veet or Nair too. Just seems easier to me. :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

snowflake-gorilla.jpg

Somehow I pictured you...taller...

:brokenheart:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am blessed with thighbrows that would put some men to shame :blushing: . heavy sigh. Throw in the fact that my hair is naturally curly, and it makes for an awful mix...my fix is to shave to the knee and wax from my knee to belly button. Shave underarms and then wax and tweeze any overtly offensive facial hair. Hours are wasted on hair removal at my house! I HATE ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE NO HAIR!!!! :grumble: Although, my arms are practically hairless, so at least I have that reprieve.:tongue:
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    YES! Almost as much as I shave under the knee. I like to be completely shaved. It is kind of an obsession. The most I've gone without shaving is three days.

I have light hair, I'm sure no one would notice, but STILL! It makes me feel better!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wear shorts, so I do.
    Actually I don't really shave anymore.. I started shaving when I was 13, stopped when I was 16. Then I started waxing, and now I use an epilator. The hair that grows back is very fine and unnoticeable and I only have to use my epilator about once a month. I do shave occasionally if I'm in a hurry though.

I too am hairless below my eyelashes ;)

does it hurt to epilate *there*?! haha, i'm so keen to try but not if it's going to make me want to die! lol

Not gonna lie, it hurts when you start doing it. I usually wax first, and then I just epilate the stray hairs so it's not that bad.
    And you really do get used to it! I used to be a huge baby about waxing/epilating, but now it doesn't bother me at all.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Shave all the way up...always have.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I am one of those rare lucky chicks that has little to no leg hair. I have none from the knee up, and it grows so slowly and fine on my lower legs that I only have to shave every few months. I know, you can hate me now.

I do however "trim the yard"...it's only polite
  • snipermedic
    snipermedic Posts: 53
    Options

@ lilcupcake... Ata girl!
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That feeling when a man shaves his legs for the first time, gets up to the knee and realises that he doesn't have an escape plan lol For me it made sense to keep on going!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that the hair above my knee doesn't grow as strong as the knee below, so fortunately it doesn't get too long and only have to shave my thigh hair every few months - my below the knee hair I shave every shower because it feels good to be smooth. Everyone is different, so I respect what everyone else does to be sure :) Oh, did I mention that when I shave below the knee I also shave my toes? this is essential - good luck!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options

snowflake-gorilla.jpg

:laugh:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • thepegasus
    thepegasus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ive been with my partner 16yrs married 9yrs this year and i still shave everything from neck down....

for me it just feels alot cleaner and i feel better in myself, its not just to please my husband (even tho he doesnt complain :wink: )

But i also have VERY dark hair so if i dont shave at least every second day you can see and feel the difference...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Of course, everyday :wink:
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I wax . shave. pluck . trim
    everything possible I cant stand the hairy hippy look,
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I usually shave just below. The hair on my upper leg is very fine and barely noticeable, so I only shave above the knee if I have a hot date or am going out somewhere nice and want to feel fancy.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I shave to mid thigh

This