When Was Your First Time?

Options

Replies

• eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feeling on a regular basis that I was too tired, even after 8 hours of sleep, to go to a job I love.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I lost a bunch of weight before only to put it back on.
    When I was at my smallest size previously, I bought a pair of jeans at a boutique and not a plus size department. Granted, they were the largest size, but they were NOT fat girl jeans!
    Well - the weight started getting back on and those jeans got tighter and tighter.

Then I could no longer fasten them.
    I was MORTIFIED.

Well, the other night I went to put those jeans on - oh yeah - I got them on WITHOUT a struggle. I was so proud of myself.
  • FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    I knew I was big, but I never admitted how big. Then I glimpsed a photo of me taken at my mums 60th birthday party and I realised I was too big. I started Weightwatchers the very next week. Now I've made a lifestyle change and am 30lb down. 54lb to go till goal weight. I'm 3 months in and my life is already transformed.
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and saw that I had gotten back up to 150. My heaviest was 163 right after I had my daughter (like about a week after, and she's 2.5 now. I never really lost that weight).

I used to be a size 5/6 and could fit into and easily shop from the Junior dept which runs slimmer in the hips and thighs. I'm only 4'11, so 150 on my small frame is a lot. I have a doughnut around my waist and I hate washing my jeans because they get tighter again. Shortly after I weighed myself again, I got into my workout sports bra and shorts (which were tight) and had my seven year old take pictures of me. When I saw the fat deposit accumulating above my elbow, and the "back boobs" developing, I felt sick.

I'm about a week into my second attempt at losing weight this year. I had stopped for about 2 months and gained back the 8lbs I lost....in just two months! So my ticker is as of May 20th, and I'm thrilled to have lost 3lbs in one week!!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've never really been a healthy size. It's like Puberty hit and the weight started piling on. All through High School i was 80-85kgs (176lbs - 187lbs). It wasn't until i was 17 and heard someone ask one of the boys how much they weighed, he said 80kgs, and the others were like "Wow, thats heaps, how could you weigh that much" and all i could think, i weight more than that, i didn't know that was a lot.

It wasn't until this year (8 years later lol) that i actually committed to doing something about it for myself :happy:
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Have been slowly realizing for a long time, but the clincher for me was my health. My doctor very sensitively and politely told me that my weight was ruining my health and that I would likely die of cancer if I did not begin to take notice and make improvements. He also said, I did not have to lose 100 or more pounds to make an impact and that if I had started losing 10 lbs a month when I started having probs, I might not have had to have a hysterectomy. Alas, I listened to his advice too late, but thankfully and praise be to God, I did not have cancer. My hysterectomy was March 6, 2012. I made a complete and rather miraculous recovery (again thanks go the goodness of God) and begain exercising and continuing to make lifestyle changes since April 10. I have lost 42 lbs (38.5 since joining MFP) and am feeling great! I am working toward that 5k (running, can walk one easily) and looking forward to getting to Onederland).

I said when I hit 244, I would dance a jig in the street and I am getting my filming crew ready for this event. Currently sitting at 248.5 and anticipating 244 in the next couple of weeks!!

My MFP friends have been my lifeline in all of this and I am greatful to each of you for your encouragement and comraderie!!
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Standard_Girl I love your ticker!! That's hilarious!
  • heathrlynn
    heathrlynn Posts: 13
    Options
    I have long thinner legs, so I thought that's what everyone noticed but what I saw in the mirror a few days ago when I was sitting grossed me out. Huge belly tucked under big flabby boobs. Umm, no thanks. Time for change!!
  • istril
    istril Posts: 11
    Options
    Feeling to ashamed to see people that I haven't seen in a while, and their reactions to all the weight I've gained. I feel like I lost contact with so many people from my past that I cared about, but I was just too terrified to face them. Worst feeling in the world.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When I was walking up the stairs and noticed that my belly was hitting my thighs with each step. I knew then that I needed to make a change.
  • Jo_permiegirl
    Jo_permiegirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have had many moments but each time I always held a little back, kinda when you know you have to do something but have that little devil in your ear saying 'it's really too hard, you have failed so many times before why do you think you can do it now, everyone knows you just give up' and I would think, yeah life is too short to not eat yummy food and drink good wine.

But this time was different. I truly disliked myself, I was not the nice person I once was any more, I nagged and ranted at my husband, picked at the minor things my kids did and the other aha moment was when I kept TELLING the kids they needed to be more active, join a sport, get outside more. SHOWING is what they need.

I am not on a diet, or a weight loss plan. I have changed my way of thinking about my body, my health, my whole being. Seeing my happiness return (and my hubby's appreciation of my new body) has put me on a huge high
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When I almost couldn't get seated into a roller coaster and the attendant had to lean into the harness to get it to click
    (after waiting 45 minutes to get to the ride)

When I realized that I couldn't shop in normal stores. Mens' waist sizes only go to 42 in the average department store. 44 was my tipping point!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mirrors lie but photographs never do.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and saw 200 pounds.. disgusting feeling.

the 200 pound mark was the wakeup call for me, too.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    when I looked down and couldnt see my vagina.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and saw 200 pounds.. disgusting feeling.

Same here.. Mine said 214
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My sister in law came from New York and I couldn't help but notice how big she was. She asked me how much I weighed and I said 209. She said she weighed 213, only four pounds more than I did. That was when I knew that I had to do something.
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when I saw the scale hit 200lbs....
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when I looked down and couldnt see my vagina.
    LOL, that made me spit my water all over the place! So true!!!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    The scale went over 200.. going into dressing rooms. I had to go find some clothes for our trip to CA and none of the 14's or 16's would fit.. so I had to get an 18. I hated the way I looked in the mirrors.. I saw myself and knew I couldn't wear the sizes I wore a year ago..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!