When Was Your First Time?

Options

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It was the combination of a family photo and a walk with my fiance. In about a 10 minute span I had to stop 5 times. Five! We were walking up hill at one point and I was huffing and puffing. My fiance is very fit and plays minor league baseball, he could have ran the route of our walk ten times, but everytime I stopped, he stopped and patiently waiting for me. I was mortified!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Not to say that there were not other points along the way but when you weigh yourself in at 344 before Christmas, 2011, buy some new school clothes (teacher) right before Christmas that fit ok that are size 48 -- 2 pair of loose fit and 2 pair of standards... Then after New Year (had already decided to do something about my weight), you put them on and the 2 pair of standards were "uncomfortably snug"... I had always said that I would NEVER BUY a pair of size 50 pants (and this still holds true)..

The upside of that story, is that I was going to the gym yesterday (5.5 months later) and all my shorts were in the wash so I stopped by Walmart to buy another pair ... I was wearing a pair of size 44 jeans that were loose and had been wearing mostly 42s... I got a pair of 42s off the shelf and on a whim another pair like it that were size 40 to see if I was getting close to that size... I happily left Walmart with 3 pair of SIZE 38 shorts... wooo hooo.
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Was getting on a ride at an amusement park and couldn't buckle the harness.. So I couldn't go on it. Soooo embarrassing.
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options
    When I decided I was done complaining and doing nothing about it. I had my motivation kick and I haven't looked back since.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I realized how big I'd gotten when I got on the scale and saw 189. I did not want to enter into the 190's. At first I thought it was crazy that I could weigh that much (to give some perspective it means that I had gained about 40 lbs in 2 years), but when I saw the pictures I was in at my friend's wedding I could see that I was not just imagining it and my scale was not lying. I immediately joined MFP and I've lost about 30 of those 40 lbs. I have 13 lbs to go before I hit my goal weight and I hope I never get back to that 189 again!!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i have always thought i was fat.. even at 110 pounds i saw FAT.. but big break point was when i was using a can alot to get around on knees that were under too much stress and that scale hit 190.. yipes..
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    When I went on a date and couldn't slide into the booth. I had to squeeze myself in. At first I thought it was just the booth, but then I met a friend after work one night not long after that, and I had to do the same thing. Then I saw pictures. :embarassed: Like triggsta, I was wearing stretchy pants all the time because they were more comfortable. In reality I was wearing a size 24 jeans. I just bought my first pair of Jordache jeans the other day. I couldn't believe I heard myself saying the 16s looked too big! Got 14s, and they fit. :happy: The only stretchy bottoms I wear now are my workout capris!

The booth is what got me too! I've always been overweight, but when I had to start squeezing myself tightly into booths, I knew it had reached maximum level lol.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Not to say that there were not other points along the way but when you weigh yourself in at 344 before Christmas, 2011, buy some new school clothes (teacher) right before Christmas that fit ok that are size 48 -- 2 pair of loose fit and 2 pair of standards... Then after New Year (had already decided to do something about my weight), you put them on and the 2 pair of standards were "uncomfortably snug"... I had always said that I would NEVER BUY a pair of size 50 pants (and this still holds true)..

The upside of that story, is that I was going to the gym yesterday (5.5 months later) and all my shorts were in the wash so I stopped by Walmart to buy another pair ... I was wearing a pair of size 44 jeans that were loose and had been wearing mostly 42s... I got a pair of 42s off the shelf and on a whim another pair like it that were size 40 to see if I was getting close to that size... I happily left Walmart with 3 pair of SIZE 38 shorts... wooo hooo.

FANTASTIC STORY! CONGRATS!!!!!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    when i sat on the plastic toliet bowl seat and it broke and getting pinched from it. ooo the shame
  • guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    when my ACUs fit too snug with the top and the pants had to be unbuttoned and were really tight on my thighs.
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and saw 200 pounds.. disgusting feeling.
    Same for me
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I knew I was a bit overweight since like 2 or 3 years ago, but it was just a little... 10 pounds. Then 5 more. And I knew I should lose it, but I could you know, hid it, with different outfits, lose on the stomach and stuff.

And then this summer because of a medical condition BAM 10 lbs in 2 months. And 140 is the heaviest I've ever been. I probably wouldn't be dieting if it wasn't because of my insulin resistence, so I'm kinda greatful that happend, 'cause now I'm decided to get back to my healthy, normal weight.
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is embarrassing by when someone was wondering if I was pregnant again..I said oh no just fat..that's when I knew..also I start avoiding going out with people and going to events because I had gained so much weight..I didn't want anyone to see me.:noway:
    But not anymore,,I'll take my size 6 a** anywhere now!! WooHoo :drinker:
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mirrors lie but photographs never do.

Yep, that is what did it for me as well. Somehow looking in the mirror you can convince yourself you don't look that bad, but seeing photos of me it was like seeing someone else. I am only 2 weeks into this lifestyle change and am already feeling much better.....but a long way still to go as the goal is to make these better decisions for years to come......
  • bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    In March I had to take a 6 hour bus ride to visit my ailing dad and I was so uncomfortable because I barely fit in the seat.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    when i sat on the plastic toilet bowl seat and it broke and getting pinched from it. ooo the shame

I've done that on a wooden one ;-)
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When my teenage daughter said "Mom, Your butt is getting a little big don't cha think?" Talk about a huge wake up call!!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    i have alway known i was fat. as a kid habits i was exposed to didnt lend themselves to a good body image or eating habits. i learned food was a comfort and an enemy and that no matter how thin you got to be there would always be something wrong. we lived a feast or famine life style for a while and you didnt get to be picky about what you ate.
    when i began to develope it was like the world stopped being ok with me.
    so i hide behind my fat body. i had the mentality that no one would want me so long as i was fat. for a long time i was right in a way. people didnt talk to me cause i didnt talk to them. it was easy and safe.
    years passed things i thought i knew to be truth turned out to be crap and i found out that love is not the same as lust and that i was worthy of love this amazing. skip ahead a few years and i no longer "need" to be fat.
    nor do i want to be. i dont want to be barbie either. i want to be healthy. for me, for once. i want to be an example to my daughter. i dont ever want to see the scale say 265 lbs.
    there are many moments that tell me i am fat. many people who remind me. but i know, even when the rest of the world says otherwise, i wont always be fat. i am changing and i will continue to change till i am healthy and then i will be the example instead of stumbling block.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My IT moment was when i saw some pictures of me about 3 mo post partum and i looked like a big ball.
  • Jessmiloo
    Jessmiloo Posts: 25
    Options
    I realized I was the biggest person in the room every place I went. :frown:

That and my friends were begging me to go to the gym with them and join WW and MFP. I did and I haven't looked back. :bigsmile:

My friends are awesome. Not many friends would be so honest but mine were and they were also motivating. It made all the difference. Not only have I lost 26 lbs but I feel amazing. I can't wait to lose another 26 more and find out what else I'm capable of.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!