When Was Your First Time?

Options

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    i realised that not only did my 'skinny' jeans not fit.. they wouldnt do up, they wouldnt even go past my *kitten*... ouch

Oh yeah...that happened to me too, but it wasn't my skinny jeans....my fat jeans had become my skinny jeans. I didn't realize that until I started losing weight and tried on a pair and couldn't get into them. I really avoided all of the things that would have broken my delusion that I wasn't as fat as I really was. I didn't wear jeans, shorts, trousers, and I wore tons of shapewear and concentrated on making sure that my makeup and hair looked good so that I didn't have to focus on my body.

yep - my 'skinny' jeans at the moment were my fat jeans a couple of months ago. oh well, getting back there!
  • Manyclassicmoments
    Manyclassicmoments Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the first time I realized I had to lose weight, since the it's been creeping up on me over the last four years or so, but here are some of the things that are causing me to realize now that I need to put in an honest effort & not tease myself that I'll actually loose they weight this time: seeing my reflection in mirrored doors or windows as I walk up to buildings (sunlight is much less forgiving in hiding flaws than my lighting at home), hating all the clothes I own, not fitting in my fat jeans, wanting to be around to see my infant son grow up, serving as inspiration to my husband who I hope joins me in my journey to get fit again! I could go on ...
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I ended up in the hospital. I was 214 lbs. Very high Blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a size 38 waist going into a 40 jean size. It hit me like a brick. Everything changed from that day forward. I am down to 165 and run 15 to 20 miles per week. I feel great,and I am 51 years young.
  • brilliant89
    brilliant89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was hospitalized when I found out I have Type 2 diabetes. My youth blinded me to how big I really was (I was 22 at the time). Fortunately, my eyes are now wide open!!!!
  • SaiLex15
    SaiLex15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When my friends and family started appreciating me in the "big version" of me. (I was thinking "So I am really fat now? that people will just say It's okay, you're still pretty but chubby." And when I went to the hospital to check if I have a migraine really, or anything serious.. the nurse called me and check my weight and told me in no-hush tone where verybody heard.

Later then was the photos... *sigh*
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've always hated how I looked. And I've yo-yo dieted since 8th grade, but since sophomore year started for me in 2010, I pretty much stopped caring about my weight. Put it on the back-burner, I suppose.

That 2011 school year, I wore a size 11 prom dress and it was loose on me.
    I wore a size 13 prom dress this past April and it fit me perfectly.
    I cried in the dressing room for about 20 minutes... and then I decided to make a change. :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Trying to fit in my winter clothes. Had gained it all during spring though the fall. I'd been the same jean size since high school so it was a shocker!
  • Jaw_g
    Jaw_g Posts: 46
    Options
    Definitely seeing the 'bad' angled photos...omg how many chins do I really have!?!?!?
  • michelles30
    michelles30 Posts: 11
    Options
    **Sigh** I am at this point now. Earlier, I went from the plus-size store to the largest normal sized clothes (yay!) and now I'm not only in the plus-size again, but larger than before. :( I find myself "sucking it in" when my husband walks by, and I look pregnant if I'm not sucking it in, which you can't do 24/7. And summer is here. Ugh, why did I do this to myself!?!? But today is another day, and I'm ready for the journey to have a happy ending. This time next year I am going to look HOT HOT HOT and no sucking it in.

Good luck to us all!!!!!!!!!
  • sowonderfultonight
    Options
    I was 13 and my mother first said "Wow, you better watch it, your belly is starting to stick out."

Then repeatedly over the past five years until she made me hate the way I look entirely \o/

Basically I've always known xD it's just that now I don't actually care what she thinks. Now I'm working on my weight for me. ^^ and for my horse. He's 17; he doesn't need to carry around my extra weight!!!!!!!!!!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everybodys "Wake up moments" have me thinking.

1) only 10% of my closet fit (The stretchy stuff)
    2) I would get car sick really bad (Everything was too tight and made me nauseated while sitting in motion)
    3) I didn't like being touched or cuddled (Not like me AT ALL!)
    4) Even in the "Good angle" pictures I looked fat and close to the same size as my husband
    5) I didn't run anymore and the one time I tried I averaged 12 minute miles (now i do that same distances in 9-9:30 minute miles)
    6) It was not as easy to hike. Having to hop over rocks or trees and such was very difficult.
    7) I started saying to my husband while riding bikes "You go on ahead, I'll catch up". Thats not in may nature, I'm a "try and catch me" , competitive kinda girl.
    8) It wasnt just one area of my body I didn't like anymore. It was everything. My face, arms, waist,thighs, legs, ankles and even my toes.

Thank goodness I was finally able to straighten myself out! I have only lost 20 out of 40-45 lbs but I am already racing, down 2 sizes, can see my muscles and happy as a clam!

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    doublepost
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I always knew I was bigger, but the last time my weight got me in trouble, I almost lost my job. it was shortly after that (and from the encouragement of a fellow co-worker) that I decided enough was enough and I made my move. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! :smile:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    When my Doctor told me I would not hit 50 if I did not change my life! (I was 46 at the time!)
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Every time I had to buy bigger pants I said, "This is just for now. I'm going to fit in my old pants soon." Before I knew it, I'm back at the store buying bigger pants again. Enough is enough! I finally stepped on the scale and am heavier than I thought I was. :-/
  • redkim615
    redkim615 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    After taking new years (2012) pictures and saw how heavy I'd become. I knew I had gained some weight but never realized how big I had actually gotten or how I looked to others until I saw those pictures and knew I had to take action no matter how long it took me. As of this week I've lost 21 pounds since January and I feel so much better about the way I look. I am still working on losing the rest, but the progress so far has given me great encouragement, as well as all my MFP friends (thanks to all of you, you're the best booster).
  • kolakross
    kolakross Posts: 39
    Options
    I knew for a long time, but it wasn't until the scale crept to 90 kilos that I really understood that I wasn't "a bit chubby" I was fat.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Truthfully- in highschool- that was 25 years ago! Now...I'm so much older - and never did anything about it then. At 42 I'm trying to be healthier for my wonderful husband~ and have a great goal - as we are heading to the UK for Christmas. I joke- but also as a way to hide my emabressment- that if I kept eating like I was they would be putting me in the cargo section for the flight...
  • TheTallMan
    TheTallMan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a one-strap backpack, and my man-boob came over the strap. HUGE wakeup.
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I almost reached 200 lbs and none of my clothes fit me anymore!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!