Bored...ask me anything.

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just watched the Indy 500. What's with the milk at the end?

Due to the longevity of the Indianapolis 500, numerous traditions surrounding the race have developed over the years. Traditions include rules and procedures for the running of the race, scheduling, as well as pre-race and post-race festivities. For many fans, these traditions are an important aspect of the race, and they have often reacted quite negatively when the traditions are changed or broken.
    As part of the Memorial Day holiday weekend, the pre-race ceremonies of the Indianapolis 500 feature several patriotic songs. The most noteworthy and most popular traditions are the annual singing of "Back Home Again in Indiana," and the victory lane bottle of milk.

Louis Meyer requested a glass of buttermilk after winning his second Indy 500 race in 1933. After winning his third title in 1936, he requested another glass but instead received a bottle. He was captured by a photographer in the act of swigging from the bottle while holding up three fingers to signify the third win. A local dairy company executive recognized the marketing opportunity in the image and, being unaware Meyer was drinking buttermilk, offered a bottle of milk to the winners of future races. Milk has been presented each year since then apart from 1947 to 1955. Modern drivers are offered a choice of whole, 2%, and skim.[

All this time I thought they couldn't afford champagne!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Can i have your baby?
    I bet you can if you paypal him $393.89
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    The store has $97, Mom has $1, Dad has $1, you have a $1. The fact that Mom and Dad are owed $49 each is a red herring.

Same with the bell hop. Hotel has $25, 3 stooges a $1 each, bell hop $2.

I could do this all day.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite, willing to kill for, meal?

2ywd1xh.jpg

Steak, Tilapia, Teryaki Noodles.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    so serious question¬

when you are doing it `right` are you using `roids`?

To get to the physique that you have in your pic it would be difficult to get so ripped in 1 year unless you were in great shape to start with??

It is very difficult to get to a shape like that without some form of help methinks???
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    You saw a shirt for $97. You didn’t have the cash, so you borrowed $50 from your mum and $50 from your dad = $100. You bought the shirt, and had $3 change. You gave your dad $1 and your mum $1 and kept the other $1 for yourself. Now you owe your mum $49 and your dad $49. 49+49 = 98 + your $1 = 99. Where is the missing $1?
    [/quote]

Actually you qould owe them each 49.5 so there is the missing dollar.... .
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    Hi Lukazetta....

What is the best way to tone up an old body....

Just like any young body, diet/cardio/strength training - just make sure you get enough rest and don't over train.
  • mermx
    Options
    What in the world would make you think we are interested in what you have to say?

how rude are you, maybe he has something to offer for people that need advice ?

OP said to ask anything. The poster you quoted followed the rules by asking the OP a question. You, however did not. OP, would you agree with my assessment?

You will find that if I add a question mark then it is a question!

My answer to you is a statement followed by an exclamation mark.

Ah, but your question referred to the OP as "he" therefore was not asking HIM a question. I win! Right OP?

OK I give you that one reluctantly ;-)
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    Can i have your baby?
    I bet you can if you paypal him $393.89

This.
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    looks like you'll be busy for a while...but if you get to my question...
    1. what percentages should my nutritional goal be (carb, protein & fat) to gain lean muscle?
    2. how much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Whats the next number 1 4 6 9 34 76 157 598 3001
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    so serious question¬

To get to the physique that you have in your pic it would be difficult to get so ripped in 1 year unless you were in great shape to start with??

It is very difficult to get to a shape like that without some form of help methinks???

LOL what's up with people thinking you have to use roids to get a good physique?

I started out with 20% bf and 140 lbs.
    Cut bf% for a short period of time with cardio.
    Went on a bulking phase (ate above my maintenance calories) for 8 months - was 170 lbs w/ 18% bf.
    4 months ago, I started cutting body fat and focusing on my diet w/ MFP, down to 156lbs with 12% bf.

My physique is garbage compared what some of the natural bodybuilders were able to accomplish in that time.
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    1. what percentages should my nutritional goal be (carb, protein & fat) to gain lean muscle?

1. 30% protein/ 30% fat / 40% carbs is a good one to follow.

2. funny-pictures-polite-woodchuck.jpg
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options

1. 30% protein/ 30% fat / 40% carbs is a good one to follow.

2. funny-pictures-polite-woodchuck.jpg

:smile: Thanx!
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't buy a shirt if you have to borrow money to get it :laugh:
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    Whats the next number 1 4 6 9 34 76 157 598 3001

brb getting calculator
  • mermx
    Options
    so serious question¬

LOL what's up with people thinking you have to use roids to get a good physique?

I started out with 20% bf and 140 lbs.
    Cut bf% for a short period of time with cardio.
    Went on a bulking phase (ate above my maintenance calories) for 8 months - was 170 lbs w/ 18% bf.
    4 months ago, I started cutting body fat and focusing on my diet w/ MFP, down to 156lbs with 12% bf.

My physique is garbage compared what some of the natural bodybuilders were able to accomplish in that time.

I am married (10 years) to a body builder and seen all the `stuff` that goes on around it. My father was a natural many years ago and I see the comparison. But good luck to ya!

Oh editing to add a statement not a question lol ;-)
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want it?
  • Lukazetta
    Options
    1 year natural bodybuilding;
    adam_waters1.jpg

1 year roid cycling bodybuilding:
    cushing_steroids.jpg

Hope that answers your question.