Any gamers out there?

Options
Hey all,

I've been on here since 2/12, but I'm just beginning to add friends. I feel it is important to add people with like interests as well as people that go through different experiences on their way to being healthy and fit.

I know the typical stereotype of a gamer is the person who sits in front of the computer / console eating cheetos all day long. Well that used to be me... Although, it wasn't cheetohs - can't stand them.

I used to play WoW (world of warcraft) for about five years, and before that it was Everquest, and DiabloI and II. I've given that addictive lifestyle up (3 years ago) and it has opened a whole new world of happiness for me.

But gaming has always been a source of enjoyment for me, as with food. Now I can enjoy both with moderation! So, what I'm looking for is some friends on here that are working to get fit, that struggle sometimes, that are gamers. I figure it would be fun to talk up some games along with our health and fitness goals.

I have a ps3, and a laptop that can handle high end games. I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 on my ps3 (haven't quite finished the story yet so no spoilers), mostly multiplayer matches. I plan on getting Diablo III for some summer fun.

Thanks for looking. Send me an invite!

Replies

• issac_C1780
    Options
    You just described my last 5 years lol. To make matters worse I had an office job that allowed me to sit all day AND play WoW at work. I'd order up fast food for lunch, play WoW at work, pick up some fast food on the way home and play WoW some more. I still play occasionally but I've cut it down to the bare minimums...(raid nights...and even those are dwindling down to nothing). I still love my games though. I've been stuck on Skyrim as of late. Love that game. Anyway feel free to add me as a friend. Together we can get to "the next level" lol.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I play WoW. I've only played for about a year and a half, but I got addicted pretty quickly.

Coincidence or not, I re-gained all the weight I had lost on WW when I first started playing WoW. I'm trying to exercise more moderation now, only playing at raid times (until MoP comes out).
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Altho most of my free time is being spent outdoors hiking and exercising I do have a PS3 and a 360 and spend some time getting my game on.

I recently finished 'Fable 3'. Loved it. Now I am very much into 'Spectral Forces 3' as I am a SRPG gamer from way back.

Add me and we can exchange gamer ID's
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Gamer here! Add me if you like :)

Love the yoda ticker btw!
  • Zarkadi
    Zarkadi Posts: 1
    Options
    WoW, pokémon, Fallout, the sims, no sleep and unhealthy snacking in front of the computer, you name it!
    I wasn't around to play Diablo I though, but I recently looked up Diablo II.

Playing games is still something I wish to do, but the sleeping, exercise and the food needs improvement, hah.
    Need some +STA and +STR for this level, aight.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Civilization 4. I also spend time playing Guildwars with my husband.

Each Sunday, we play pen-and-paper role playing games like D&D with a group of friends. Anyone else game sans computer?
  • rachel_mouse
    Options
    Werd... add me if you'd like. I played WoW for a few months but couldn't afford the monthly charges. Now I'm obsessed with Wii, which is a good thing because there are a TON of exercise games for it. Just getting started on the weight loss thing, even though I've been a member here for a while now. Just didn't have the motivation. I have a sick obsession with Platformers... make fun if you'd like, but anything f'n adorable is a win in my book. lol.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I wasn't what you'd call a 'gamer' but I was addicted to Pogo games! I gained 40lbs in 6 years while spending hours upon hours on the computer. Now I'm addicted to being healthy and MFP. :)
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Was big into WoW until about 2 years ago- met the bf and didn't have time for 10 work days, heavy raiding AND a social life... got Skyrim and was pretty hooked on that, bf and I got Diablo III when it came out, and that's been eating up my time, though we also just got a house, so the need to do yard and housework is luckily moderating the game time. Ahhh, pony level... :)
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I play WoW when I can get a break from my 1 year old monster...I just got zumba for the ps3 ..hoping I'll like it...:) But yeah...add to all who want!
  • mrswright71
    mrswright71 Posts: 37
    Options
    My best friend introduced me to WoW and now Diablo III, but I've never been able to play games like my husband can (every single night - but he's in the Marine Corps and runs his *kitten* off every morning). Add me if you like! :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers

I play tons of different games. I'm starting on D3 now, I play League of Legends all the time.
    I spent most of my teenage life playing MMO's and handheld games.
    I'm currently in Love with Dragon Quest 9
  • omearaee
    omearaee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a gamer and proud of it. Heck my steam collection alone is over 100 games...lol. Please feel free to add me.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I played wow for... 300+ days /played lol I'm retired now but people still try to drag me back into gaming!

Anyways. Gamers should try fitocracy. It's a free website where you log your workouts and get points for what you do. You level up after x points and there are additional quests and achievements. I really like it for logging my actual sets/reps for lifting, and the community there is pretty awesome too.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I play WoW, been playing pretty much since it came out. Also playing Diablo III.
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    <---- total gamer. Unapologetic even. :D
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Been a gamer a long time.. I started back in the Wolf3D and Doom days.. played internet MUDs.. etc. I, too, was an EQ junky for more years than I want to admit... played a little DaoC, some FFXI, and then on to WoW for several years also..

Currently, I play D3 and a lot of FPS games online.

Add me up if ya want. My game time has gone down considerably with being married with kids now. Since I've started MFP and really started concentrating on getting in shape, my game time is down even more.. but I still fit some in.
  • shiloh911
    shiloh911 Posts: 13
    Options
    I played WoW a lot in college but quit when I started grad school (wasn't playing enough to justify the subscription). Right now I play mostly League of Legends and Dawn of War 2 (and Wii Fit if you count that as a game). I'm also working on a Warhammer 40k Space Wolves army.

I definitely agree that it's tough to lose weight and get motivated to exercise when your hobbies are mostly sedentary (I also like to read a lot). One tip I have is if you're going to snack while gaming, measure out a portion and put the rest away, because it's super easy to eat a whole bag/box of something when it's just sitting there. I've also mostly stopped drinking soda (Mt. Dew was my favorite) and am drinking a lot more water.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a gamer, as is my husband! He got me addicted to the ROSE games...started on arua, but moved to titan. I also play Dynasty Warriors online, Fable, The Sims and a few others. I mostly play for the social aspects now and try to avoid the highly addictive games.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yep!

Mostly Xbox and PC