Any gamers out there?

Options

Replies

• KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Bah! Posers! Noobs! I played Star Trek by teletype. ;)

HAHAH Nice..

My first computer was an Atari 130XE with Joust.. does that count for anything? :)
  • SaraLouise1988
    SaraLouise1988 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sup!

I play WoW atm, Im actually tabbed out of it right now...have played it for about 5 years. Had a few breaks from it to try others, like Rift and Swtor, but always go back to WoW :P I played Runescape before that! And Im not ashamed to admit it!

The boyfriend has his 360 that I play a bit, working through the Mass Effect series, Skyrim, Fable(s), Dragon Age 1 & 2...bit of an rpg person I think...

So yeah, feel free to add me if Im geek enough :P
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    Hey guys! I know exactly what you mean x) I play WoW, Diablo 3, Tera, Skyrim, and so many freaking others non-stop. I think it's really been something that puts an effect on me losing weight! To make matters worse, I work at Gamestop, so I know when everything is coming, hell I get it before most people do! I've dieted on and off for the past 2-3 years, and I never stuck to it :/ So now I'm really trying to get myself in gear (Without having to quit gaming, please!). I just made this account today, and plan to be quite active, so I'd be happy to take any friends who want to receive, as well as give some encouragement! :)
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a huge CoD junky (PS3). Although, in the last month or so I've gone from playing nightly to playing only on the weekends or evenings when I'm done prepping food/working out! Sadly, my rank is showing the effects of a healthier lifestyle :laugh:. Feel free to add me.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Feel free to shoot me an add. Wow, Diablo, Minecraft, L4D, Resident Evil, Gears of War, etc. I've been logging on MFP for the last 4 months-- supportive when it comes to both gaming and fitness. :)
  • twmeek
    twmeek Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a huge gamer. I play xbox 360, ps3, and wii.
  • Nomad1s
    Nomad1s Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm a gamer, have been for some years. Started out with the Attari 2600 and now up to Playstation3 and X Box 360. Started out playing Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper RPG and am now playing just about every one thats out. DnD, Vampire, D20 modern, Star Wars Rpg, and many others. I am 40 and was up to 330lbs as of 6 months ago. Now down to 250lbs. Just found this site today. Im going to try this and see how it works. Good luck to us all and have fun getting into shape. May the God of Hosts watch over you all.
  • ViccarsUK
    ViccarsUK Posts: 4
    Options
    CoD xbox man right here!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    There's a MFP Gamers group! Look for us!

I've been playing WoW for a little over 3 years, love it to death. Don't have a lot of time to play anymore. Have 6 85s, 4 are raid-geared, 2 are into progression raiding when I have time (5 Horde, 1 Alliance).

I played ToR for a bit and acutally really liked it, but couldn't justify both sub costs.

Of course, started out with SNES and N64 games, lurve 'em.

CoD on XBox - not very good, but again, I get to play maybe once a week.

I hate work, it ate all my gaming time D:

Also very into Magic: The Gathering but currently want to set standard on fire
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yup i play WoW and swtor when my kids are sleeping/ at school and my house is clean......so not that much any more.... but i have been on wow since the last days of "vanilla"
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    <---Gamer checking in and yes I am a girl :)

Started the old school text games <Zork etc>, found my way to a friend who got me into the beta testing of EQ and I stayed there till about 2004, then moved to EQ2. Stayed with EQ2 till this year and I went back to my beloved EQ.

I also play Sims 3 as well, but I prefer EQ1. I am trying hard to keep it casual and not get back into the MUST PLAY MUST RAID PHAT LEWT RAR mentality, cos that is partly where I got the extra pounds from :( I am strictly casual now. I log in every few weeks to get my fix and play for a few days, then leave it be for a while.

I am pretty lucky, my husband is a gamer and doesn't mind when I play as long as I return the favor.

What server did you play EQ on? I was on Fennin Ro for many, many years (I started April 8th, of 99)...then transferred to Prexus when the server mergers were going on.

Now I play Rift...and I've got to say that of all the games I've played (and I played EQ until 2010), this one is probably my favorite.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm a PC/Xbox gamer. I play most genres.. except massively multiplayer anything as I am a horrible addict. I think my favorite is Civ4.. and the witchers were pretty excellent.

I'm currently playing an adventure game (don't laugh, it's free!) and I'm enjoying it.

I guess my favorite genres are strategy and roleplay. Then.. maybe action.

Oh. HORROR.
    We just did penumbra and amnesia and are looking for MORE HORROR TITLES. I wish they came out all the time like they did in PS2 days. My favorites are the fatal frames...
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I love gaming but am taking a break while I try to get fit. It turns out that I didn't have time for both (and work, housework, etc.). I hope to come back when I've found the right balance. I've resisted buying Mass Effect 3, and am going to resist buying Guild Wars 2! I think gaming is a great stress reliever (sometimes stress creator, actually, but not usually!) and can be ideal for people with busy lives.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a long time gamer but I don't have time for games at the moment. Love WoW and hope to return to it one of these days. EQ was my first and is what got me hooked into mmorpgs. Played WoW, EQ, EQ2, EQOA, Star wars, CoH, Vanguard, Guildwars, Sims, can't remember what else. I still own just about every console out there from nes, snes and sega on up through the years.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I currently have TERA and Diablo III. I played WoW off and on (mostly on) since 2006. I stopped about a month ago when I realized A. It's a terrible game now and B. I was playing it more than I was working out. So far I am happy that I quit. I hardly play the other games I have either. I also have an xbox 360 I hardly play but I've been playing games since I was 5.
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love love love WoW, played for 5 years....repping those Protection Pallys here !! Well and like 8 other toons too lol. Add me fellow WoW players :wink:
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Play WoW but not regularly (disc priest on Defias Broterhood server). Mostly battlegrounds as I don't have time for hardcore raiding, although since I'm a healer and WoW is always short of them I've managed to kill 3 bosses in DS hc just by being coerced when no one else is available.

Also played Slyrim for a while but got bored quickly.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    WoW hunter. Nerd power!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much of a gamer since it's hard for me to interact with some of that stuff visually (got electrocuted a few years back), but i wanted to mention that I used to sit at the computer at work and home, got fatter and blobbier and more out of shape over the years, and since I have now put the computer on a cardboard box on the desk and stand in front of it when I use it, and I stand at my desk at work when no one is there, my core muscles and general fitness got tons better, with no real effort beyond that, which then enables me to do lots more and feel better about myself. I just wanted to mention it might be a helpful tip for you--moving my legs or dancing around make an even bigger difference to me too.
  • Jack3r
    Jack3r Posts: 96
    Options
    Gamers unite :P

WoW, pokemon, All Final Fantasy games, Fallout, Oblivion, Skyrim,COD, you name it.
    Anyone feel free to add me!
    :D