Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk...

Options

Replies

• yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Almond milk plain for me. Also love Soy milk Silk light .
  • samlankford
    Options
    I used to drink chocolate rice dream a few years ago, not bad... soy milk was like drinking flavored water, unsweetened almond or coconut milk is all I really will drink or a lactose free fake milk... I will buy vanilla and regular, both taste good to me..
  • chark129
    chark129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too!!!!! the silk vanilla almond milk is my fav!!!! i even got the hubby trying it !
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    What about real milk? That's all I drink.

its yummie

I love it when people comment but never read the original post...

I love almond milk, Trader Joe Unsweetened Vanilla
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Soy is bad for hormones and other reasons. I settled on rice milk, because my shakes still taste good with it. Just bought 8 boxes at Big Lots for $1 a piece!
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, rice has too much sugar and Dr. said no soy, due to my thyroid condition, apparently thyroid meds and soy don't mix.

I did not know this! My doctor never has said anything about foods that don't work well with thyroid meds.

Personally, I am a big fan of the Coconut and Almond milks over Soy.
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love the Almond milk! Love the vanilla in my coffee and baking. I use the unsweetened in more savory cooking.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Almond or hazelnuts. I do not like rice milk, but soy is ok.

I love nuts so my choice is obvious. They taste great and make great evening snack or part of an breakfast.

But with no flawor... vanilla would just spoil the nutty taste.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    non gmo soy milk for shakes as I like the higher protein content and it tastes a bit richer.....Also use it in my coffee instead of creamer (love vanilla flavored for coffe). I don't like to drink it straight though....recently tried Blue Diamonf Almond-Coconut milk and love it. 45 cal per 8 oz serving and less creamy/rich taste than soy milk but yummy as a 'glass of milk' substitute. I can't drink milk , it makes my stomach upset. I rarely ever have cow's milk and if I do it's latte. I have not had a glass of cows milk for over 20 years, have consumed a lot of soymilk for 23 years and no health problems for me.....
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    So delicious coconut milk is really good.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Usually almond milk over soy just because I eat so much tofu that to drink soy milk seems like soy overkill. Always unsweetened.
  • shandybrown
    Options
    I love Rice Dream but it can be quite expensive in my area so I usually make my own rice milk. Soy tears up my stomach. Almond is good but I have a son with migraines and nuts are a trigger so rice milk works best for my entire family,
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and especially oatsmilk (naturally sweet, so you do not need to buy it with any additional flavors) are my favorites!!
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, rice has too much sugar and Dr. said no soy, due to my thyroid condition, apparently thyroid meds and soy don't mix.

I did not know this! My doctor never has said anything about foods that don't work well with thyroid meds.

Personally, I am a big fan of the Coconut and Almond milks over Soy.

The fact that soy and thyroid meds do not correspond well is a myth! According to food technologists you would have to eat a nearly impossibly huge amount of soy for side effects! But I guess variety is the best, so if you already eat much soy (as I do) nuts- or oatssmilk is a good substitute.
  • sararoberts86
    Options
    Oatley Oat Milk for me all the way. Have recently started adding Hazelnut milk to cereals / hot chocolate as it adds that extra flavour kick :-)
  • readthat
    Options
    Rice milk tastes best, but too much sugar and calories. I recently tried the new Almond Breeze mix of Almondmilk and Coconutmilk. It's my new favorite!
  • Inebriated
    Options
    I love Silk Vanilla Coconut milk! Nummy!
    Me too! :happy:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. Vanilla and unsweetened both have their benefits. Vanilla makes my protein shakes taste amazing, but unsweetened can be used in any recipe (you couldn't use vanilla to make mac and cheese, for example). I have found that they both work great for baking too! I've tried soy milk and wasn't a big fan, haven't tried rice milk. I'll stick with almond for now!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    "Soy is bad for hormones and other reasons"

Is there any scientific evidence to back this up that I could read. I like to read the facts before ccepting what might be urban myths.