Where do you draw the line with flirting?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If my guy said another girl was cuter than me ... GAH! WTF?!?
    I mean, that's just something you DON'T say!!!!!

I'll punch him right on his face if he says that to me.... seriously!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    So I'm not just being crazy, paranoid?

I thought that maybe he was just ignorant and doesn't realize that it's the wrong thing to do & doesn't mean to hurt me on purpose..

No but you are blinded for trying to keep him despite the very obvious & to even think that "he doesn't mean to hurt you on purpose".. oh really?
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend sounds like a jerk and I don't see why your even still with him..
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Run as far and as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:
  • smkcx
    smkcx Posts: 69
    Options
    your not crazy. hes a jerk and he doesnt respect you nor care about your feelings. telling you another girl is pretty and telling other girls he likes them. kick the dude to the curb, you will feel so much better with out that loser dragging you down.
    you may care/and think you love him, but after two years of being in that very situation i can tell you: there is better out there and a greater love.
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    Heres the thing, He does that so he can claim there is nothing going on.... BUT! If the opportunity arises he WILL cheat! He is keeping all options open, and has you sitting there acting like a noodle when he wants you! Take pride in YOURSELF! Thats what you are here on this site for, to get that confidence you feel is missing!! Lose the guy and find yourself a guy who appreciates you for who you are!!

Just my 2 cents!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Sounds like he'd cheat on you if given the chance, and that's what he is trying to do when he asks that girl to "come out on the weekend."
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I would have left him after the first instance of flirting. Telling you that another girl is more attractive is just a slap to the face.
  • Jo_permiegirl
    Jo_permiegirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Sounds like you need to ditch the boy and find a man!

i can't agree more
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    ditch the Jerk, and do some flirting with other guys yourself!
  • aplusgeek
    aplusgeek Posts: 49
    Options
    Are you freaking serious? Your boyfriend told you another girl is hotter than you and you're still with him? He must be rich or have a giant $&@$ lol cause seriously come on, your boyfriend should think you're the most beautiful woman in the world.

I guess this is basically an advice thread.

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months and it's my first relationship. At the beginning, he would always flirt with this girl from work on Facebook, speaking to her every night before bed, telling her how cute, adorable and even attractive she was. He'd even tell me how adorable she was, 'more adorable than you' etc.

I obviously told him it hurt my feelings, but if he really liked this girl to just end things with me because it wasn't fair but he swore he didn't have feelings for her and promised to stop speaking to her & doesn't even talk about her (particularly because he thinks I don't like her - which isn't true, I don't know her!)

Anyway last night I saw him facebooking her again. I don't even know what was said but it hurts to know that he's that selfish that he doesn't CARE if he hurts my feelings to begin with.

On top of that, there's another girl who he tells me used to be interested in him that he always messages to come out on the weekend. I caught him telling this girls friend that he 'likes' her and when his friend told him to shut up because he was taken he said 'oh uh not in that way!' to cover himself up.

I don't know if I'm over reacting or if it's okay or not that he's acting this way towards other girls, particularly when he's hardly ever affectionate to me because he's 'been hurt before'. So HONESTLY MFP peeps, am I overreacting and being a paranoid, jealous, crazy girl - or should I be hurt? How would you handle this?

I promise I won't get upset if you call me crazy, we're girls - we're supposed to be, right? Lol!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    umm why are you with him?? sounds like a douche bag!

^^ agreed
  • shkytalhick
    shkytalhick Posts: 12
    Options
    Dump his pathetic *kitten*
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As a guy, Ditch him because he's a retard and doesn't care about anyone but himself! He's not worth your time.
    As someone just reading your story, I continue to say don't stick around he's still not worth your time. He's lying to you when he says he isn't interested in her and that's not a healthy way to be in a relationship. You can do way better.

P.S.

Don't take him back, doesn't matter how much he begs. He'll do it again.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So I'm not just being crazy, paranoid?

I thought that maybe he was just ignorant and doesn't realize that it's the wrong thing to do & doesn't mean to hurt me on purpose..

He IS ignorant! And mean and selfish and crazy himself for thinking that you will put up with him and his flirting. He's giving you the "perfect out", take it. Like the OP said...you're self esteem will thank you for it later.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    omg, how i wish i could pack all my 40 years of knowledge into your 20 years of life.

when i was 20, i was so unsure, too! and when you're 40, you'll think, "wow, how I wish I could pack all my 40 years of knowledge into her 20 years of life!"

You are very pretty, but even if you weren't, you should have no reason at all to feel insecure in a committed relationship. If your boyfriend's actions make you feel insecure, then you need to reconsider the boyfriend or reconsider your insecurities. Decide which one it is, then eliminate it from your life. You'd be lucky if it was your insecurity, but it's probably your boyfriend.

I wish you the best of luck, seriously.. and don't worry. There are so many amazing and nice guys in the world. I only wish I had time to date them all!

:)

k
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you freaking serious? Your boyfriend told you another girl is hotter than you and you're still with him? He must be rich or have a giant $&@$ lol cause seriously come on, your boyfriend should think you're the most beautiful woman in the world.

In her defense, she did say it's her first relationship. It's a learning process, but we're here to teach her that it's not ok to have to hear it.
  • LoveBaseball61
    Options
    Your BF is an A-hole. That shows he has absolutely no respect for you at all. Dump him and Facebook! It's nothing but trouble.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You're bf sounds really...uhm...douchey,

You don't deserve to be treated that way.

This being your first relationship, you may not know better, but seriously...he is very disrespectful. You don't need that.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Sounds like you need to ditch the boy and find a man!

So well stated!! Love this!