Where do you draw the line with flirting?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    Flirting (or coquetry) is a playful activity involving verbal communication as well as body language by one person to another, indicating an interest in a deeper relationship with the other person. Usually, flirting is therefore, either seriously or jokingly, intended to be interpreted as a romantic or sexual overture. A female flirt, especially a young one, is sometimes called a coquette; a male one, a womanizer or player.
    Flirting usually involves speaking and behaving in a way that suggests a mildly greater intimacy than the actual relationship between the parties would justify, though within the rules of social etiquette, which generally disapproves of a direct expression of sexual interest. This may be accomplished by communicating a sense of playfulness or irony. Double entendres, with one meaning more formally appropriate and another more suggestive, may be used. Body language can include flicking the hair, eye contact, brief touching, open stances, proximity etc. Verbal communication of interest can include the vocal tone, such as pace, volume, intonation. Challenges (teasing, questions, qualifying, feigned disinterest) serve to increase tension, test intention and congruity.
    Flirting behaviour varies across cultures due to different modes of social etiquette such as how closely people should stand (proxemics), how long to hold eye contact, and so forth.[1] However, ethologist Irenäus Eibl-Eibesfeldt found that in places as different as Africa and North America, women do exactly the same prolonged stare followed by a head tilt away with a little smile.[citation needed]

If he works with her it will be more if it is not already. if it was just on line it wouldn't bother me so much.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    Heres the thing, He does that so he can claim there is nothing going on.... BUT! If the opportunity arises he WILL cheat! He is keeping all options open, and has you sitting there acting like a noodle when he wants you! Take pride in YOURSELF! Thats what you are here on this site for, to get that confidence you feel is missing!! Lose the guy and find yourself a guy who appreciates you for who you are!!

Just my 2 cents!

Agreed!
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Heres the thing, He does that so he can claim there is nothing going on.... BUT! If the opportunity arises he WILL cheat! He is keeping all options open, and has you sitting there acting like a noodle when he wants you! Take pride in YOURSELF! Thats what you are here on this site for, to get that confidence you feel is missing!! Lose the guy and find yourself a guy who appreciates you for who you are!!

Just my 2 cents!

Agreed!

Also agreed! He's comfortable. He knows he has you. But he's obviously not mature enough or just doesn't want a serious relationship. Leave him before he leaves you. You'll be happy you did.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    OH SWEETIE- Your not crazy , he is rude, When Andy and I 1st started dating he was still in love with his ex , they talked every day and even exchanged I love yous.. I went through that crap for 4-5 years. I have tried to forgive him but I never can forget it or the pain I experienced from it so early on in the relationship, I feel like I had stolen him from her.
    I am 9 years in and can't leave him now. Especially since he told her to bug off so he could focus on us and that means a lot to me but I also feel bad for her. Maybe she was always the one for him.

anyway -get out while you can and before your 10 years in and trapped
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Pfft, get rid of him. No one needs someone like that in their life.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    So'd you dump him yet?
  • RUNNER48WH
    RUNNER48WH Posts: 35
    Options
    "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:brokenheart:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If you want monogamy, don't date people who obviously aren't into it.

This isn't hard.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, he would always flirt with this girl from work on Facebook, speaking to her every night before bed, telling her how cute, adorable and even attractive she was. He'd even tell me how adorable she was, 'more adorable than you' etc.

edit to remove my harsh comment..
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Now I feel like a jerk. Sorry.. just .. leave him is my opinion.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Sounds like you need to ditch the boy and find a man!
    Love this
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You have no reason to be jealous, because he sounds like a troll. But why are you wasting your time with him? Get jealous when a classy guy you're in love with meets another girl and breaks your heart.....but you sound soo much better than this guy.

He sounds like an attention *kitten*. Is he insecure?
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    "A Boy makes his girl jealous of other women, a MAN makes other women jealous of his Girl!" :wink:

Best. Response. Ever.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Best. Response. Ever.
    Agreed !
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You Honestly Deserve a lot better man and you do not have to put yourself in that situation.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Run don't walk...RUN and make sure you log the calorie burn in MFP :)

On the serious side, some people are ok with the partners flirting (I am NOT) and it seems like your not and that is ok. The fact that you told him it bothers you and he didn't change his actions (sorry men don't change, i know i know I might get flamed for that but hey I am a man) says that he doesn't care about you.

There are many fish in the sea go find one that fits you and ALWAYS takes your feelings into consideration just like you take their feeling into consideration.

-my two cents
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    oops needed to hit quote not reply...wanted to say good quote about the boy vs man comment