Let's define "curvy" because I'm confused

Options
1235»

Replies

• lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when i think of curves these are the women in hollywood that pop in my mind...scarlett johansen, jessica biel, meghan good, selma hayek, etc.

What is it with people calling Jessica Biel curvy? I just don't see it. i think she has a rockin' athletic bod (similar to Cameron Diaz). Or it may just be my jealous inner 14 year old that she's engaged to Justin Timberlake.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I fricken love beyonce, female crush. :flowerforyou:
    Curvy to me= a waist that is proportionally smaller than bust and hips/bum. Thats not likely to change, with weight loss, unless you also lose quiet a bit of BF.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    this is my fave description... though many would probably disagree that this woman is 'curvy'...
    Curve1.jpg

Now thats an inspirational photo.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Curvy - smooth sound waves with a valley you can glide your hand along; does not include two folds of skin pinched together and layered under their own weight
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    this is my fave description... though many would probably disagree that this woman is 'curvy'...
    Curve1.jpg

agreed and she rocks those athletic, fit, beautiful curves!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Curve1.jpg

agreed and she rocks those athletic, fit, beautiful curves!

This. This is what I want to be.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I am *NOT* curvy.

I've never had a well-defined waist. It's just kind of straight. However, I've always had a flat stomach, even now.

I have good sized "girls".

I have no butt (working on those glutes though...fingers crossed).

Yet, I have muscular hams and quads.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be curvy and just for today, Im not apologising for it

tumblr_m4um2xJ9vx1qgw1f2o1_500.jpg

5'10

and proud of it.

edit: forgive my blogstamp
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    when i think of curves these are the women in hollywood that pop in my mind...scarlett johansen, jessica biel, meghan good, selma hayek, etc.

What is it with people calling Jessica Biel curvy? I just don't see it. i think she has a rockin' athletic bod (similar to Cameron Diaz). Or it may just be my jealous inner 14 year old that she's engaged to Justin Timberlake.

lol She's an hourglass I believe. See how her waist goes in?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Almost everyone's waist goes in a little bit - doesn't make them an hour glass. But I agree with the person above you, she's more athletic.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

Almost everyone's waist goes in a little bit - doesn't make them an hour glass. But I agree with the person above you, she's more athletic.

True. But I still believe she has a lovely shape & I do see a nice curve, least imo.

jessica-biel.jpg
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    someone says potato, someone else says potatoe. I say LOCKED.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.