5'4 girls... "perfect" weight?

Options

Replies

• Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and maintaining around 113 lbs. I use to be really tiny, anywhere from 96-105lbs and can realise now that i didnt look good! I dont really focus on the scale now, more on my body fat! :)
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great on you! motivation for me, I am 5'4" also....174....but 152 is my goal for now
  • DiannaLouize
    DiannaLouize Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'4", 31 y/o female, I hover around 112-113lbs. Small/medium build(right on the cusp of medium), mesomorph-ish, rectangular "boyish" frame. perfect weight is 110lbs. I've weighed as little as 95lbs (eating disordered) and as much as 140-ish. Right now I'm within a comfortable range for me.
  • Katielou112
    Katielou112 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 165 currently, but I would say 140 would be ideal for me. Because of my frame I would seriously be able to wear crop tops and be proud at that weight.

At my lightest (9st 6lbs/132lbs) I didn't enjoy life and I was literally drinking a cup-a-soup for dinner. And I was working out seriously hard 3 times a week for an hour and a half each time. It doesn't sound that small because of the way I'm built (broad shoulders, big chest) but I was a UK size 6. I wouldn't want to be that small again. That was me rebelling against puberty, now I love my curvy bits :) so aim to ultimately be a UK size 10 (I should easily be that 25 pounds down).

It all depends on your individual metabolism & how you lose the weight I think - if you work 3-4 times a week (what I used to do), your muscles get tight and you achieve that 'toned' appearance much faster than if you're focusing on diet alone. IMO, a person solely focused on diet would probably need to lose an extra 15 pounds to look as fit/slim as the heavier person who works out a few times a week. I looked great at 140, but because looking back, if I'm honest, I probably had a couple of mental issues to work through, I couldn't recognise it and enjoy life and eating at that weight.

I'm not talking mega strenuous gym seshs either - just 45 mins cardio with squats and sit-ups.

xx
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I'm the same height and I'm in the 120's range and feel a girl our height looks healthy in this weight range. Of course there are girls the same height who are petite and 100 pounds. Everyone carries weight differently. So stop at what weight you look best at. Don't compare yourself to other girls. You could be standing next to a girl who is the same height and weight but one of you could look larger than the other. Numbers are nothing to sweat about really. Just be as healthy as possible and love your body.:heart:
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and 1/2 and I personally wouldn't go under 125 lb either. I actually don't think I'll go below 132.3 lb as of right now. You got around about the right number, of course it would be different for each one of us. Just stop when you feel most comfortable. I would say don't go below 125 lb though. Good luck!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4.5 and I weight 157 but I would love to be 130. I got there before and then got to 128 and people said I looked like I was on drugs. I dont wanna go any lower than 130. But I also have FF boobs so skinny just looks different on diff people
  • JCLondonUK
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    100-110
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and would like to maintain at 115 lbs. To me this weight is perfect for my built and size. At this weight I feel slim and fit, but not too skinny
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for around 125
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and before I had my son I was 150lbs and wore a size 6 jean. After he was born within two weeks (I breastfed) my hips had shrunk back down to a size six, and I can to this day get them up and buttoned over my hips, with my big post baby belly all sad and exploding from the top like someone fit a whole cake mix into one muffin tin.
    I don't have a goal weight really, but my goal is to wear my prebaby jeans without feeling like my upper and lower halves belong on two different people. I think I'll hit that around 130-140, but we'll see.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    106.2 pounds
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (and a half!) and I'm hoping I can get down to 130. Maybe a little more, just because I have a large chest and those girls will probably always be heavy.
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and years and years ago before I had any kids I was 118 pounds, but after having 5 kids. I got busy with raising them and life just got busy I put on the weight little by little. I have lost 20 pounds, but Would love to get down to 115-120. That's another 25-30 pounds. Hopefully, I can get there this year.
  • nespinosa3
    Options
    Looking at the numbers people post here sucks for me :(
    I think it really depends on your frame and your body composition. I'm very curvy and medium-framed. When I weighed 130-140, people told me I looked *sick*. I lost all my curves and I looked very disproportionate. The best I've felt is when I'm 140-150, I look healthy and my body looks the way it should look. I was so obsessed with being skinny (130 pounds) that I even considered being anorexic (didn't do it!!!!). But yeah, I was miserable trying to weigh 130-140 and I didn't look good at all. So it all depends on your body.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would like my goal weight to be 125, but I am starting out more kindly and allowing for 135. When I was thinner in the past I was more of a "skinny fat person" and know I wasn't a healthy body. I didn't eat enough and I didn't ever do any strengthening exercises. My body also looked really disproportional due to the lack of muscle so I know this time around needs to be different.

If I were to reframe this question, I'd ask what my "perfect size" was. That's a size 8, even if I was 140 pounds.
  • fittobe15
    Options
    A healthy weight for a medium frame would be healthiest at 130-135. I still looked really good/skinny at 145ish. I've weighed anywhere from below 108 to 173. 173 being the most recent.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", started at 160 lbs and determined, for me, around 140 is perfect. I've got a medium build and feel like I'd look very weird if I went any lower. Plus I enjoy looking "average"/"soft" instead of looking thinner. I think a lot of women look good at around 125/130 at our height, but ultimately, it's whatever feels comfortable for that person.