If you could "do-over" any year.....

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.

this but in 2006
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong, my son is the love of my life. He's such a blessing. But his father...I'd have run when everyone told me too. I wish I'd listened to my family when they told me to leave before my son was born so I wouldn't have gone through the hell I did for the following almost 2 years. I wouldn't trade my son for anything, but I sure wish I'd been as strong then as I am now, because I'd have left before his dad had the chance to control my every move.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even need a whole year, just June 24, 2006. That was the day my 4 year old son drowned. Would give anything if I could go back and put the life jacket back on him.

I read this and cried... here's big ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) for you :flowerforyou: I could never imagine having to go through something like that and pray I never do . Definitely puts things in perspective for me. God bless you!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    1992-1993, I would've spent more time with my dad before he passed away. I did get 90 days of sobriety with him the year before he died, it was the best Thanksgiving, christmas, NYE that I'd ever shared with him.....

I made plenty of mistakes, but wouldn't change any of them because I learned a lot from those *kitten* ups.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was going to put something down, but after reading through all these replies, I realized that overall I've been lucky. To put something down seems silly now, in comparison to what a lot of people have been through.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    1998- I would have moved to Denver with my high school sweetheart when he asked for the third time.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    2008 - It was the year I graduated high school. I have a few reasons why I'd redo it, mostly because of my best friend though. She died on November 17, 2008.

1. I'd tell myself to not worry about the guy so much and focus more on my studies
    2. Don't move just for a guy, especially since he was just a boyfriend
    3. Make your best friend stay home instead of riding alone on a drive (she was killed on the drive home) :(
    4. Spend more time with your best friend and less time worrying about everything else
    5. Start losing weight NOW!
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would go back to my junior year in high school and appreciate weighing 115 pounds instead of thinking I was a fat. Sheesh.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'd do over my entire high school years. I made no attempt to socialize with anyone from my small, private HS and then spent the last two years of it in a relationship with an abusive guy from a different school. I would go and get involved, try out for some sports teams, and just take chances I didn't take.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    2010.. a year after getting outta the military, struggling, trying to shift to civilian life while not sure what I wanted... ended up getting a DUI and throwing more hurdles in... ended up gaining a ton of weight... yeah.. do over please!!

At the start of 2011 I said it would change, and it did!! I started running dec 2010... ended up getting a new day job in feb, a promotion at my other job, and found my amazing boyfriend a month later...

And all I can say is I'm super happy now! But while I learned a lot... I wouldn't mind taking out some of those mistakes....
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    last half of 2009, first half of 2010. sucked hardcore.
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    After some thought, screw it.... I'd rather move forward.

You are so true with that!! I to rather keep moving forward....
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options

ME too everything that I've done and been through brought me here today
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    My first year of marriage, which was last year. I would have never gotten on Implanon birth control and lost my mind. My poor husband had to deal with a lot of awful side effects. I gained 30 lbs and became a hormonal wreck. I am now hormone free and much happier. I'm also losing that weight now. I've nearly eliminated drinking, which I used to drink every night just to feel better about things. I'm already down 10 lbs and feel much healthier!
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even need a whole year, just June 24, 2006. That was the day my 4 year old son drowned. Would give anything if I could go back and put the life jacket back on him.

I am so very sorry for what you have gone through.
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ lol
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I would want to do over 1990, I turned 19, could drink and get into clubs. Had a blast that year!!
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2011- I would hug my sister amd her children even tighter if i had known all four of them were going to be killed. I think about you everyday Sarah. You were an amazing mother, sister and best friend, if only you could have left him sooner. I also think about my three angels everyday Chloe, Maxime and Jacob; you will always be in your aunties heart xoxox
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I thought of sooo many years and events I would like to change... 1
    991, when my mom left.
    1993, when I first started using coke at 13,
    1995, when I got pregnant the first time and lost it. 1996, when I was 17 and got pregnant with my oldest son by my dealer (abusive)
    2006, when I left my husband (we are back together now)
    2008, when I relapsed after 12 years clean..... So many moments.
    And then I think... If my mom had not left, I probably would not have started the drugs, that eventually led to the pregnancy, that gave me this beautiful 15 year old boy (and the 2 more that followed)
    And if I had not left my husband and relapsed to find out that he was still my best friend and stood by me no matter what I did to him, I would not be as happy as I am now. I would not know those hurts to know how awesome I have it.
    It made me think though. Very good topic.
    All those moments taught me how totally petty some of the things I have cried over are....