Challengers (everyone welcome!)

Options

Replies

• OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Drank all my water yesterday and some!!! Started with 8oz first thing this morning!!!
    Good luck to you all this beautiful day!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Got my 8 in yesterday if I can count tea which I usually don't so I guess I failed! Here's to today!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Just barely got my water in yesterday. Struggled to drink 64 oz. Today, I've already had 48, and it's only noon. Weird how some days it just seems so hard. Then again, I had coffee yesterday, and I don't usually. Maybe that had something to do with it.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    So far I have had 4 glasses today, but I will have 4 more down before I leave work. I drink alot when I am at work. Here is to another day of water. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! :smile:

I just had an idea.... I was wondering if you could give some suggestions as to what you may like to see as upcoming challenges. Like I said before, one week will be food related, and the next week will be fitness.

Anyways, I was thinking if we could come up with a bunch together, then I could randomly choose a new challenge each week. This way it will be more creative and gives everyone the chance to come up with a challenge :happy:

Then, each Monday I will post what the week's challenge is. How does this sound?:ohwell:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me!

exercize challenges
    lunges (50 per day)
    squats (50 per day)
    planks (build up to a minute)
    wall sits (build to 1 minute)
    100 crunches daily
    100 mountain climbers daily
    run/walk (at least) 1 mile daily

food

eat extra serving of fruit a day instead of meat or dairy
    same with veggies
    water

cant think of anything else............
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The name brand is 4-C. I find it in walmart near the tea/ice tea.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    The name brand is 4-C. I find it in walmart near the tea/ice tea.

Thanx :bigsmile:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me!

exercize challenges
    lunges (50 per day)
    squats (50 per day)
    100 crunches daily

food

same with veggies
    water

WOWZA!!! You have a ton of great ideas!! This just keep getting more and more exciting!!!!
    I think these challenges will also give all of us new ideas to expand the variety of foods and excises so as not to get burnt out on the same ol' same ol'!!! I haven't kept up on water today. I am headed to the water cooler right now.... (I know I will catch up tonight when I drink my water after my workout!!!! I am off to a family reunion this weekend. Having the water challenge out there will definitely help, cause it's supposed to be HOT!!! :tongue:
  • Jujubeaner44
    Options
    Hello,

I know it's the end of the week, but I would really love to join this challenge group. I have a friend that's in this group and she's recruited me. I'm very excited!!!:drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello,

I know it's the end of the week, but I would really love to join this challenge group. I have a friend that's in this group and she's recruited me. I'm very excited!!!:drinker:

The more the merrier!!! :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    So I've gotten in 96 oz of water so far today. Plus a couple of glasses of milk. No problem today:laugh:
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did it -- drank 8 glasses of water. I tried something different -- I kept a glass by the sink, and would drink a glass whenever I went by -- maybe not every time, but I tried to space them out through out the day. It seemed to work well for me. I used to drink from a bottle, but that didn't seem to be getting it done for me. Maybe this will work better. And the glass is small -- 8 oz. really is not that much. So it really seems like no big deal to chug a glass of water.

I love the ideas for challenges. What I love best is that they all seem to be doing something, rather than stopping doing something. You know-- eat an extra serving of fruit, rather than NO CHOCOLATE.

I think by drinking more water, you naturally eat less. And by doing something like eating more fruit, you will crave processed sweets less-- and maybe not even notice.

I also like that they are specific. It's not dependent on the scale. And most are really kind of small, completely do-able things. No one should feel overwhelmed.
    Love it! But now I have to pee. :drinker: Been drinking lots of water, ya know.
    Later.
  • sjmay
    Options
    sounds good to me!

exercize challenges
    lunges (50 per day)
    squats (50 per day)
    100 crunches daily

food
    same with veggies
    water

Great ideas!
    I also had a few, but the only one I can think of is:
    Try a new exercise and do it at least 5 times this week
    Grr! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I can't believe I can't remember the rest. I think my brain is still sleeping :yawn: Oh well, they will come to me!

Anyone else have any suggestions?
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    How about this...I challenge you all to stop eating at 7pm (if you're not already)

Hope you don't mind me joining, I love challenges and this one has always seemed to work for me in the past. I find that it helps me sleep better because my system has calmed down from digesting food by the time I want to go to bed and since I get up so early in the morning. I need breakfast first thing when I wake up. I've researched that when you fall asleep at night you shouldn't eat anything till 12 hours later. So if you stop eating by 7pm you could eat as early as 7 am (which most of the time mine is around there) So there's my idea. :happy:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    That is a great idea. Now that I think about it, I actually have my last meal at 7 and eat around 7 in the morning. I guess I am doing it right and did not even know it. Kewl. hehehe
    Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday. I did get in my 8 plus glasses. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    How about this...I challenge you all to stop eating at 7pm (if you're not already)

Hope you don't mind me joining, I love challenges and this one has always seemed to work for me in the past. I find that it helps me sleep better because my system has calmed down from digesting food by the time I want to go to bed and since I get up so early in the morning. I need breakfast first thing when I wake up. I've researched that when you fall asleep at night you shouldn't eat anything till 12 hours later. So if you stop eating by 7pm you could eat as early as 7 am (which most of the time mine is around there) So there's my idea. :happy:

Great suggestion!:bigsmile: I will definitely add that to the list as one of our challneges! Thanks! We don't mind you joining at all! Everyone is welcome!

I have just passed my 6 glasses of water and am just about finished work for the day. It should be no problem to have the last two tonight. I am so proud of everyone! You are all doing so wonderful with this weeks challenge! :flowerforyou: I can't wait to start a new one next week!

It's so sunny here (and the summer has been pretty much all rain), so I think I will be going home to have a bbq tonight :happy: I have bought a "light" drink, so now I will just limit myself to one or two(ahh... I'll have my water in between each one:laugh: )

I hope that everyone has a great weekend! And remember, just because it's the weekend, doesn't mean to forget about the challenge (as I know, it can be much harder to keep up the healthy routine on weekends):drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I finished my 8 glasses by the time I got home from work. I since then have had at least 2 more with my workout.
    I hope that everyone has a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I would like to join, even though it's a little late in the week.

I've been really bad on water today.
    I got to bed in 3 hours, and I've only gotten 5 glasses in. :grumble: