Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    ME!! Im looking to be about 160 and a size 10/12.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    yeah, my goal for now is a 10.....probably wouldn't go lower than a 8 though... :flowerforyou:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

:wink:
  • CathyYearsley
    Options
    I want to be healthy. Just because you are a size 2 doesn't mean you are healthy. I am with you on this...I still want my curves (in all the right places), to be healthy and tone...by eating right and excercising. Of course yesterday was a co-workers birthday and danishes were provided. All I can say is...I ate well beyond my suggested caloric intake :laugh: . Oh well, it will happen once in a while, just as long as I don't continue to eat like that every day. Best of luck to you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" also and bouncing around between 150-155 now and have met my goals. I would like to lose about 5-6 more lbs but not really worried if I don't, as long as I stay healthy. But even if I dropped to 130 I would not be a size 2. Not even close.
  • paulaloomis
    paulaloomis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your post made me chuckle. I am a 44 year old woman. On January 12, 2012, I tipped the scales at 321 pounds!!! (I cried) I was in a size 30-32 pants. (I cried) Today, I am down to 264 lbs, in a size 26 pants, but even those are loose, but don't have the courage yet to squeeze into a size 24. When I graduated high school, I was 5 ft 9 and weight 145 pounds. Of course, I thought i was fat. I was in a size 12 pants cause I had nice "child bearing hips". I will never be a size 2, nor would I want that. My goal is to get down to 180, and even at that, I would still be considered "overweight". I am slowly working my way to that goal. I just want to be able to buy clothes off the rack that actually fit me, and not have to worry about wearing "frumpy" clothes. I want to be healthy and have my dr's crap themselves when they see how much weight I have lost! :) Baby steps.....I didn't get this sexy over night and it isn't going to come off over night. I personally think that people who are a size 2 don't look healthy at all. Stick with what YOU are comfortable with and don't let anyone tell you any differently. We are all beautiful in our own ways. :) Good luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :) Paula
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It may be cultural. White women tend to want to be much thinner than women of colour. I am not one of those white women..lol. but...most white women I know your height want to be 125, not 140. Weird huh? I dunno...I think Beyonce had the perfect body IMO...I see Uma thurman and think she looks sickly?

White women need to be taking lessons from our sisters of colour and love their cuves more IMO.

I'm her height & 140 would never do for me. Been there already. I carry most of my weight in my belly & my butt just isn't there. It barely was there when I 185. I could never look like Beyonce. I'm not a pear. It's hard for some ppl to get rid of their belly unless they go down 2 125lbs.

true...you have to work with your natural shape that's for sure. If you naturally are an apple...its much harder to look "thin".

My body is weird. I carry my weight in my belly, but I'm pretty sure I'm an hourglass. Ppl who have seen my pics, call me one. My waist is 29.5 & my hips are 38. Pretty sure that gap is too large to be an apple. But u def have to work with ur shape.

I am absolutely the same way. I carry most in the lower belly (and upper thighs). I am shooting for a goal where my belly is small enough!.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I'm in the UK so your dress sizes don't mean anything to me but I'm heading for chunky rather than fat but have no wish to be thin.

Just add 4 onto the sizes to get the UK size:
    US 2 = UK 6
    US 4 = UK 8
    etc, etc.

I think America also has odd-numbered sizes, but I've never been able to work out what they mean for the life of me.

The odd sizes are "juniors" clothing. Basically the stuff for aimed at teens and young adults. They basically line up between the even sizes, in the hips, but are cut straighter in the waist. So let's pretend a typical garment has a 10 inch gap for waist and hip, a juniors one will have about an 8 inch gap.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 126lbs, I'm 6 on the bottom and 4 on top. I think its appropriate, I was a size 10 at 140lbs so its difficult for me to believe some of these stated heights and sizes here. I dont want to be any smaller but now that I'm at this size, I'd like to stay here.

There can be quite a range in weights/sizes. People can carry things really differently. Personally, size 12 = 180 for me, and I am a tiny bit taller than you. And just reading through the forums, I see people who weigh 30 pounds less or more than me and where my size. (So it is realistic to think a 10 would be in the 160s for me. And 140s would be 6-8)

It is always helpful to take a look at www.mybodygallery.com just to get an idea how different the same weight can look at the same height.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

White women need to be taking lessons from our sisters of colour and love their cuves more IMO.

sw50sw8sw578.gif
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am 5"1. My wt. goal is 135. I don't know what size that would be b/c different people built differently. I don't want to be size 2.
  • tshields27
    tshields27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    naw i'm not trying to be a size 2, just a 4, lol. Just teasing, but I'm okay with being a toned 6, even though my 4's look mighty nice hanging in my closet.
  • lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am definately not trying to be a size 2...I would look like a crack head. I am 5'4 and I would like to get to about 140-145. That would make me a size 8 right now I'm a size 10. I love how I look and do not want to loose my curves. I just want to maintain and trying to accomplish that is really hard.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am definately not trying to be a size 2...I would look like a crack head. I am 5'4 and I would like to get to about 140-145. That would make me a size 8 right now I'm a size 10. I love how I look and do not want to loose my curves. I just want to maintain and trying to accomplish that is really hard.

I must be one healthy crack head then!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 4...do I NOT have curves ??? :indifferent: :yawn: I have been a size 2 before and my body had wicked curve :wink:
  • aquamimi
    aquamimi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know how everyone does it. I am 143 lbs right now, 5'5". (Recently have lost 20 lbs.) I am a size 10. I am okay with that. I would just like for my belly to be flatter.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so your dress sizes don't mean anything to me but I'm heading for chunky rather than fat but have no wish to be thin.

US 2 = UK 6
    US 4 = UK 8
    etc, etc.

I think America also has odd-numbered sizes, but I've never been able to work out what they mean for the life of me.

I think the odd numbered sizes match up to the even ones some how, but idk which goes with which. When u buy pants in odd numbers, they're no even numbers. Depending on the brands, they're either in even or odd numbers. Why can't they just do even ones? lol

EDIT: Turns out I'm wrong. Learn something new all the freaking time! That explains why those odd size are always off on me.
  • shorty35565
    Options

US 2 = UK 6
    US 4 = UK 8
    etc, etc.

The odd numbered sizes are juniors (teenager) sizes.

0,1,3,5,7,9 = clothes cut more for teenagers. Low rise, not a lot of extra room in the hips, thighs or butts. Similar to how most people view a teenage girl as being.

2,4,6,8,10 (up to size 16 or 18) = misses clothes. These are what most women wear. Most of them are cut a little wider through the hips, thighs, butts to accommodate the curves that adult women tend to have.

16 (some brands is 18), 20, 22, 24, etc = These are plus size clothes.

I am learnin sumthing new everyday!!! I like low rise/hip hugger pants personally, but not wonder the odd numbers are a little harder to get n2 in the proper size lol
  • Infinityx33
    Options
    I'm not particular about clothing sizes. I think around size 6 or 125 pounds I would be very happy with my 5"3' frame. Currently I wear a size 12 but that might be because my lower half is smaller than my upper body.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 4...do I NOT have curves ??? :indifferent: :yawn: I have been a size 2 before and my body had wicked curve :wink:

Yeah, size doesn't really have much to do with curves. Some people can be skinny and curvy, others aren't really curvy even when overweight. Genetics and skeletal size control curves and size.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    It may be cultural. White women tend to want to be much thinner than women of colour. I am not one of those white women..lol. but...most white women I know your height want to be 125, not 140. Weird huh? I dunno...I think Beyonce had the perfect body IMO...I see Uma thurman and think she looks sickly?

I'm her height & 140 would never do for me. Been there already. I carry most of my weight in my belly & my butt just isn't there. It barely was there when I 185. I could never look like Beyonce. I'm not a pear. It's hard for some ppl to get rid of their belly unless they go down 2 125lbs.

true...you have to work with your natural shape that's for sure. If you naturally are an apple...its much harder to look "thin".

My body is weird. I carry my weight in my belly, but I'm pretty sure I'm an hourglass. Ppl who have seen my pics, call me one. My waist is 29.5 & my hips are 38. Pretty sure that gap is too large to be an apple. But u def have to work with ur shape.

I am absolutely the same way. I carry most in the lower belly (and upper thighs). I am shooting for a goal where my belly is small enough!.

Weird hourglasses unite! LOL I got sum fat in my upper thighs too.