Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently a 5/6 but I'm not satisfied, it's more not satisfied with the flab I still have, so I'm still working on that. If I get to a 2 and it looks good then great. I doubt I'll ever get to a 2, I can't really imagine that anyway, I think my hips won't allow it.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 150. I used to weigh 120, & was comfortable, any smaller & I'd lose my chest & hips & butt LOL! I just want my old body back...I was hurt back in Feb, & all the sudden without realizing it I was 15 lbs heavier, & at THAT point I was in the process of losing ten, so I decided to go all out & just redesign my lifestyle. I'll still eat healthy & exercise daily once I reach my goal! For me it was a lifestyle change. AND I was only in about a 5/6 at 120. Big boned I guess...:P

ha ha how is that big boned? i am a current size 14 and 197 lbs. last time i was a 14 i was 150. lol me personally i don't see being 5/6 at 120 being big boned. lol just my opinion. lol
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Only if you are a child. My daughter is 14, a size 0, and weighs 130 pounds. But she is solid muscle from being a ballet dancer and taking ballet classes 5 days a week.

I don't think size 2 is right for most adults, unless you have a super small build.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of tired of hearing the whole skinny vs. curvy thing-you can be skinny and have curves, just as you can be overweight and with little shape. Fat is not curvy.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of tired of hearing the whole skinny vs. curvy thing-you can be skinny and have curves, just as you can be overweight and with little shape. Fat is not curvy.

amen........i was infuriated the other night about ppl making those comments. because me...no matter how tiny i get i will always be full figured and curvy....but that doesn't make me morbidly obese......thank u so much. :)
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I began my journey, wearing a size 34W, I could not even wrap my head around the idea of what size I might be when I got to my goal. I had hoped for a 14 and thought that a 12 was pure fantasy on my part. I have now reached goal and wear a size 6 or a size 8. Honestly, if my excess skin were removed I would likely be a size 4.

That being said, please hear this - it's not about the number!! It's about being healthy and able to live life to the fullest. I was never shooting for a size, but for a healthy BMI. I just wanted to be normal.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    ha ha me. i could never be a size two even if i tried. my goal is to be at least a 10 or 12.....if i can get to 7 then awesome. but no lower than a 7.

Since our bodies are similar, u might be surprised how far u can get. U said u were 197lbs in a 14 down there. I was in a slightly big 15 at 185. I'm now 138 & in a an 8. I can button a 7, but it gives me muffin top, so I refuse to wear it lol Idk exactly if I can b a size 2, tho the pants size doesn't bother me, i just want my body fat% lowered & wherever that puts me I will b quite alright. But I think it will put me pretty small. My coach is n a 2 & she's 128lbs & her hips are only 2in smaller than mine. I guess we'll just have to see.
  • shorty35565
    Options

THIS! I'm an hourglass & my curves have only gotten better as I lose weight.
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    girl...im right there with you!!!

im def. a curvy chick, and I do not --- repeat, do not ---- want to lose my curves!!

I just want a leaner version of me with the same proportions. fortunately, that's what i've gotten thus far. i dont want to get to a size 2... dont think my butt will let me lol. my goal is a size 6 :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have hopes to get into a size 6-8 by the time I get to where i am hopefully headed. At 5 foot 2 1/2 I want to go back to about 130 lbs. This is the weight I was before I had my kids. I want to feel stronger than I was in high school, which means more muscle, but I want to not have the jiggly fat hanging around my midsection and my back. It is just uncomfortable to me. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. When I was a senior in high school I was just under 100 lbs. I know there will be no way I can get there ever again, but the added muscle is the reason why. Curves are certainly necessary in a body that is like mine, also. Best of luck to all!!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    im def. a curvy chick, and I do not --- repeat, do not ---- want to lose my curves!!

LOL if you are truly curvy, then your curves still stay the same whether you're a size 2 or a size 20.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    i don't want to be a 2. i want to be a 4. an australian 4 that is. so a US0? =]
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and my target size is 8-10ish (weight 165ish). I may end re-evaluating when I get there. In reality it is whatever size it takes to be be reasonably happy with my waist size or really waist appearance. ;) But I know there is a limit one how small I can be, somewhere above size 4. I tend to have more muscle.

Goal body fat percentage: 23% or so.

Based on those online calculators, my lean body mass is some where between 130 and 145......and that puts my target weight around 160-175.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

LOL if you are truly curvy, then your curves still stay the same whether you're a size 2 or a size 20.

So true! My mom was a skinny mini pear (18 inch waist in her 20s) and a bigger pear (she's a size 8 now) now.

You'd have to be extremely lean to lose all of your curves if they are "natural."
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ME! I love my curves! I don't want to look like a stick... just want to tighten up a bit ya know!?
  • shorty35565
    Options

My thoughts exactly. Why does every1 think they will lose their curves?
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    My ultimate goal is size 8/10. Really working towards more muscle and tone, once I get the fat off!
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    5'10"

I wanna be 190 or a size 14...whichever comes first.
    Have a booty outta this world soooo I'm not sure where my sizing will end up :)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and my target size is 8-10ish (weight 165ish). I may end re-evaluating when I get there. In reality it is whatever size it takes to be be reasonably happy with my waist size or really waist appearance. ;) But I know there is a limit one how small I can be, somewhere above size 4. I tend to have more muscle.

Goal body fat percentage: 23% or so.

Based on those online calculators, my lean body mass is some where between 130 and 145......and that puts my target weight around 160-175.

Idk how accurate those online calculators are unless u have calipers, which I dont :( Least not until my Chalean extreme arrives. BUt on teambeachbody it has a body fat test that goes by ur waist line, weight, sex & age. It says I'm 25% body fat, which I kno is not accurate. Lean weight 104lbs & fat weight 34lbs.