Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and want to get to 160. Original goal was 180. 160 should get me into a size 12. I would be happy anywhere between 160 and 180. I just want to be healthy.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, OP.
    I'm 5'4" and started at about 204 pounds. I'd like to be around 70kg (I think that's about 155 or so, but can't remember the exact conversion) - I was almost there and have put a few kg back on, so I need to get focussed again.
    I will be a very confortable size 12 at 70kg (that would be about US size 8), I can't imagine being a size 6 (your 2) - that just seems unrealistic and unnecessary for my body.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!

So women that wear size 2 are not real? Do their vaginas fall off or something?
  • cjrunner80
    cjrunner80 Posts: 14
    Options
    Being a guy I just want to lose weight...not trying to be thin or tiny or anything like that...I am a big guy and will always be a big guy...I understand your thoughts and feelings though...I commend you and wish you luck!!!
  • becksanne
    becksanne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get back to the weight I was happiest at: 125. So this is my last 10 lbs to lose. At one point I weighed 118 and was so so unhappy because I felt like a bag of bones! I want to be strong and fit and not lose my curves! I have a small frame but a large chest, and being too skinny makes me look too disproportionate. I recently met with a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and I'd only been working out for a month or so and not really watching my diet and he said I looked "fit". I want more comments like that.
  • phylicia44
    phylicia44 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nope I'm almost 6 foot and I would look anorexic in a size 9 even, so no, size 2 will never, ever be in my future. :)
  • denise4230
    denise4230 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    last time I was a size 2, it was a 2 toddler, lol. I am 5ft tall and at my thinest was about 115 and 25 yrs ago, that was about a size 7-9. If you asked me a year ago what my goal was, I would have said about 125, but the reality is that at 47, I probably will never see that again and that's ok. I have learned to stop focusing on a number on the scale, instead I want my BMI to be in the healthy range, I want to feel good about the way I look and I want to be fit enough to get my black belt (which I am hoping to do at the end of the year).
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    ...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

I'm your same height and my goal is to be somewhere between 125 and 140. At that weight I should be a size 4. At 175 I'm a size 12 and have a very high body fat percentage. I'm just under 160 right now and barely squeezing into size 10 jeans.

I will have hips, boobs, and booty no matter what I weigh. That's just how my body is built.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I would never want to be that small. I want to always be meaty and curvy...just with added muscle definition.

Even when I reach my goal weight, I will still be considered overweight...but wow..I think I look great. I am fearful of losing my booty and boobies. I'm already a little "light" in the boobie department :-(
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think I would look sick being a size 2 as well. At first I my goal weight was 170 but I'm going to shoot for 150.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I AM 5'1
    I WOULD LIKE TO BE A SIZE 8 IF POSSIBLE
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not looking to be a size 2! I started at 234 and I'm at 205 now. Hoping for 160 but will be happy with 175. I'm 5'9". Even at my smallest in high school with ribs and collar bone sticking out I was only 145 and a size 9. I started at size 18 and I'm just barely in a 14 (although some of those 18s still fit!). I'd love to be a size 10. I don't think single digits is a possibility for me.

It's possible in certain cuts to get to singles. I was happy in my tens and just went to 8's. I'm 5'10 and started out at 224. Don't count anything out.

and i have no aspirations to be a 2. Can't remember being that low EVER. Lol
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" but I'm merely looking to be around 130 lbs, which is the middle of the healthy weight range for my height. As far as SIZE of clothes, as long as they are smaller than what I was wearing a year ago or I can get back into the clothes I wore 20 years ago when I graduated high school, then I am happy. Not looking for an actual SIZE but a healthy weight. If it means that I can wear size 2-6, then so be it, but I'm not looking to make getting into a size 2 my goal.

Don't let clothing size determine your health and happiness. And not ALL clothes are cut the same. I know of some clothes that I can pick out the size and know they will fit without trying them on but if I do that with another line of clothes I have to buy two sizes larger.

Just find a healthy weight for your height and body frame and make THAT your goal. Give yourself a little leeway, a buffer, so that you are not on either the high end of the healthy weight or the low end and then aim for that. If you just make the goal to be healthy then it should not matter WHAT SIZE clothes you wear/purchase. Besides, just like age, it is only a number and does NOT determine your self worth! :drinker:
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    I'd like to be in the range of 140 at the least to maybe 170 at the highest if I were to choose an ultimate weight goal. Right now I'm actually okay with being 240 lbs. It would be nice to lose more but I'm not itching to do it. I'm comfortable with this weight at the level of fitness I have now and I'm going to attempt to maintain it until I decide I want to start losing again. Having a weight goal that isn't super low is a-okay in my opinion. I think people should be aiming for a feeling, really, instead of a number. If you end up at a weight that isn't your target weight but that you feel comfortable and happy in your own skin at, then why not stay there?
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    my ideal is a size 12, i'm 16 right now
  • KasiePea
    KasiePea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be physically possible for me to be a size 2. I have large hips that don't shrink no matter how much weight I loss. I would be happy in a size 10!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    not a size 2 per se... but healthy, strong & fit... those are my main objectives... & here at a size 4, i've still got plenty of curves... they are impossible to get rid of!! not that i want to get rid of them :wink:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am naturally curvy, even at my lowest weight of 125 I was curvy. I'm 5'4". I was not a size 2 though, a size 5 or 7 depending on the pants. I started at 155 and I'm now at 141. I wasn't athletic at my low weight, and losing weight now I really want to look and feel more athletic. I know my curves aren't going anywhere because I don't plan on starving myself. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be at 170 for yourself, it's really how YOU feel about your weight. As long as YOU are happy it's all that matters!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 130 but i have never been a size 2 or could never be a size 2. my hips are just too big!! at my lowest at 140 i was still a size 9/10 soooo that's probably where i'm going to stay maybe a size 7/8 but that's the lowest my body could go!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    The minute I hit "Healthy" on the BMI chart, I'm on maintenance! And I won't be close to a size 2. Healthy is the new ... me.:happy: