Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options
Tay617
Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
...meaning i'm 5'5 and my goal weight is along the lines on 175, maybe 170, I see a lot of people on here who are my height and they are starting from 170 and trying to go down to 140-130. I'm not looking to be slim, just a more toned flatter stomach version of me? I always feel like the outsider on here, I feel like I have totally different goals. But I know its great to be different :happy: .

I guess I'm just curious as to who else on MFP has a remain curvy goal? my worst fear is losing too much weight in an area I would not want to lose weight from -_-

Replies

• BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would look sick if I was a size 2. My ideal size is 8/10.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Me! I would like to be about 145, size 6 or so.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    I am definitely not looking to be a size 2! I started at 234 and I'm at 205 now. Hoping for 160 but will be happy with 175. I'm 5'9". Even at my smallest in high school with ribs and collar bone sticking out I was only 145 and a size 9. I started at size 18 and I'm just barely in a 14 (although some of those 18s still fit!). I'd love to be a size 10. I don't think single digits is a possibility for me.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I am not aiming to be a size zero, two, or four...Still thinking about a size six... I dont want to be skinny.. fit, lean and curvy...now we are talking!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm 5'9" and my goal is 175...which would put me right around a loose size 12. I'm happy at that weight and it looks good on me. Plus it's something I can maintain for life without having to kill myself with exercise every day!
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I was wondering this same thing today. I am 5'5'' and 155lbs - currently a size 12. I've been trying to lose weight and get down to a size 6-8 but I'm a busy mom of two and I work full time. It's difficult to be a diligent dieter/exerciser. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable at my current size, especially now that I'm learning how to dress my body properly. Is it ok to be this size and be happy? I still eat semi-healthy and I work out when I can. Is this ok? Or should I continue to strive to be 130 pounds and a size 6?
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is 140lbs, most others here who are my height are looking to get to 120 or under. No thanks, that's not for me at all. I have no idea what size I will be when I get to 140, I hope around an 8/10.
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm 5'4.5" and am just trying for around 150-160 for now. I will re-evaluate once I get there but I've gone back and looked through old phones of when I was around that weight and am happy with the way I looked. i don't want to be stick thin. Just a nice healthy, curvy frame would be great. Plus the hubby made a few demands during the weight loss like: "don't lose the butt or the boobs', lol. Happy to oblige him there since I happen to like those as well. :blushing:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I currently weigh 155. I'm a size 8.

I would look ridiculous as a size 2...like a bobblehead!

I'm only hoping to lose 8-9 more pounds and I don't see that putting me into a different size much at all.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 150, which looks like it's going to be around a size 8/10 when I get there.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Well you can't spot reduce.. So where ever your body wants to lose weight from, it's going to lose it.. if you want it to or not.

I'm 5'9, started at 180 and now weigh 150 roughly and am a size 4.. did ever plan to get this small? No.. it just sort of happened.

It sounds like for you, that you want to lose more bodyfat than scale weight.. so maybe focus on that more.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and there is no way I could be a size 2 with my frame. My lean body mass alone is 118 lb!

Right now I'm 165 lb and people say I'm average looking, maybe could lose another 6 lb or so. I was considered "slim" by my coworkers when I was 145 lb
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and hoping for 135 to 140, that high in the healthy range for me but that is what i would be happy at
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't so much about a size or a weight. It is more Idon't want to "jiggle" anymore. I want to be toned and have nice definition of my muscles.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    i am 5'6'' and 142. I am not so concerned with the scale number, tho i would love 135, but i want a specific image, whatever the scale may be. I have hips and curves, so a size two on my frame won't work...
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't even think i can fit one leg into a size 2 pant.. or that i would every be able to.

Im 5'7" and going for around 150 - 160.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is roughly 150, which will be a size 8 according to the last time I was 150.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I was wondering this same thing today. I am 5'5'' and 155lbs - currently a size 12. I've been trying to lose weight and get down to a size 6-8 but I'm a busy mom of two and I work full time. It's difficult to be a diligent dieter/exerciser. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable at my current size, especially now that I'm learning how to dress my body properly. Is it ok to be this size and be happy? I still eat semi-healthy and I work out when I can. Is this ok? Or should I continue to strive to be 130 pounds and a size 6?

You should find out your current body fat % and your lean body mass. Then add a healthy body fat % between 20-30% on top of your lean body mass.

For example I'm 5'5 and based on my build I have about 118k of lean body mass. Therefore I should weigh 140-155 lb.
  • kikokateyy
    kikokateyy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and there is no way I could be a size 2 with my frame. My lean body mass alone is 118 lb!

Haha, thats like me! My LBM is 125 so really, 170 ish maybe as low as i get!

ETA: just calculated and 172 would be 25% body fat...
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Me, at my age that's unrealistic.150-160 would make me happy. 5' 6"