Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, currently wearing size 34. I'm thinking my backbone has more than a 2 inch circumference, so no, I won't be going for a size 2 anytime soon. I'd need a saber saw. On, and to be dead. :laugh:

Seriously, though, women's clothing sizes utterly mystify me. How can a "size" be expressed by the number zero? :noway:

It's like Starbucks, a universe where there is no such thing as "small", "medium", and "large". It starts out a lie (no, that coffee ain't "tall" in anyone's book, sunshine) and then starts to use fancy foreign words to hide the fact that you are paying $1.50 extra for a "medium". LOL.

It's because no woman wants to say she wears a 24 or whatever is equal to a 4/6 - it's all marketing. That's all it is.

And If you'd understand the meaning behinds starbucks if you knew the company was started after an Italian journey. That's why they use those names.

Designer denim goes by waist sizes. So the sizes go from 24-31 I believe
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Definitely not looking to be a size 2, however I think clothing designers have created this obsession with women and what size they wear. In all honesty, who knows what size you are wearing other than you? Unless you have the tag hanging out of the back of your clothes, honestly, would anyone be able to really tell if you are a two or a four. The goal should be to get healthy for your particular frame, it it turns out that once you reach your healthy goal, you happen to be a size 2 then good for you, otherwise no one will really ever know what size you are wearing unless you choose to advertise it. :wink:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!

Oh and this is just plain offensive. Some of my tops are US size 2s. Am I not a real woman because I'm naturally quite petite?

Obviously you're a fake women, duh.

My 57 year old mother is apparently a fake woman too since she wears a size 2.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm not looking to be a certain size. I, however, did get into some size 8 jeans and decided I'm happy here, but kept up with my training/eating habits and have just kept going down. I ignore the scale numbers, but do weigh in once every now and then (when my workout buddy brings it up). I do check measurements weekly/biweekly.

I'm not going to rely on anything but how I am feeling and right now, I feel sexy as heck. I love the changes I'm seeing and can't wait to see how it continues to change!
  • MlisaD
    MlisaD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am working on 160's....I know I will never be skinny minny!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    lol, size what????????? Girl no size 2 is for 9th graders......I am a real woman!

Oh and this is just plain offensive. Some of my tops are US size 2s. Am I not a real woman because I'm naturally quite petite?

It's sad to see how limited is the experience of some people on this forum. Hate to break it to her, but I see lots of Size 2 women on the street.

In addition, the most expensive clothes tend to be made in smaller sizes because wealthy women are generally slimmer. It's just a fact.
  • danielle3203
    Options
    i would like to be 130ish and a size 7
  • CKA46
    CKA46 Posts: 2
    Options
    For me,size is just a number,just like age is just a number. I think the size you feel the best in is what you should go with. Today sizing is more vanity sizing. Vintage sizes are so different,consider a 1940's dress pattern size 12 is equal to a size 6 today:-)
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Can say I am looking to be a size 2 as I am a man but frankly I am not looking to be any "size" or weight rather my target is a certain body fat percentage.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options

It's sad to see how limited is the experience of some people on this forum. Hate to break it to her, but I see lots of Size 2 women on the street.

In addition, the most expensive clothes tend to be made in smaller sizes because wealthy women are generally slimmer. It's just a fact.

Where are you from? I generally find that people are less shocked by the notion of smaller clothing sizes in parts of Europe.

Also, I really wish I could say I was wealthy :(
  • haleyyh3
    haleyyh3 Posts: 14
    Options
    i was 130 pre kids...... would love to be there again... size 2 NO WAY :happy:
  • lulabelle73
    lulabelle73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh, tell me about it! I'm 5'7" and currently a size 14. I would LOVE to be a size 10, or maybe even an 8. I once did a thing in high school that measured my body fat. I learned that without any fat on my body, I would be 128 pounds. That is just muscle and fat. The doctor told me that 140 would be the lowest, healthy weight for me. So no size 2 for me! If anyone is looking for friends with similar goals, please feel free to add me!
  • ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't so much a size or a weight, I just want to get to where I am happy with my body, not hungry all the time, and able to maintain over the long run. I'm 5'7". I figure I'll probably end up around 160-165ish, but mostly I just want to be able to feel like I can put my arms down without hitting chub, sit comfortable without muffining over my waist band, and mostly, I want to see some definition in my arms/shoulders/back. I'll never be a size 2, I have no desire to live with that much discipline. I've got plenty of respect for those who can/do, but it's not for me. I'm looking for a balance between diet, exercise, and still enjoying the foods I love in moderation.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    My goal dress size is 8 and I'm 5'8".
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    my first goal weight was 240. i'm in the 240s now and i'm no where near where i'd like to be. my new goal is the 180s. we'll see what it looks like when i get there. I'm hoping i'll get there within a year. i can't imagine being a two (i do wonder what it'd be like) but at this point, i can't even imagine being a 12.. but i'm gonna try. lol. oh, i'm 5'2" btw.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 150...goal size- an 8 but I may end up smaller bc at 209 I am in a14...I just want to be happy when I look in the Mirror :)
  • Busymommyof4
    Options
    I'm 5'5 at 240, and I will be SO excited if I get down to 165-170 again, which was a size 14 to me. That's my pre-marriage & pre-children weight. There's no possible way for me to ever be a size 2. I was nothing but skin and bones (with bones protruding) when I was 145 and a size 10/12! :P I'm excited for you that you're down to 203! That's so exciting & very encouraging for me! Good luck with it all!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I am one of those girls you are talking about (5'5", SW 165, GW 135). I can assure you that that will not be a size 2 on me! At 142, I am still in 8s. If it was even possible for me to be a size 2 it would have to be sub-120, which was my hs weight at a size 4. Also, I am still "curvy" at this weight (37x29x37) and imagine I will be 7 lb from now.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 I want to be 150-155 I'm not sure what size that will make me but I would love to be 10/12 I have never worn a size 2 the smallest ive ever been was a 7 and that was when I was 12 lol
  • nine711
    nine711 Posts: 8
    Options
    Gosh no I dont even know what a size 2 looks like!! LOL!! I just had my baby 4 months ago and got up to 221 with my son. Just weighed in at 196.6 so its coming off but much slower than I used to lose in the past prior to my son. My new goals are all about the size. I would like to be back down to a size 6 165 is perfect weight for me. You are doing great keep up the great work!!!

:flowerforyou: