Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• Jokki
    Jokki Posts: 2
    Options
    Love your answer, people usually looks good in what they are, and everybody is different :)
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    I just want to be comfortable and get rid of some of my celulite. I would never be smaller than a UK size 12 (currently a UK 16)

I was watching a show and they suggested you drink lots and I mean LOTS of water (it's all I drink besides coffee in the am), and watch your sodium intake. It helps release the water from the fat cells which in turn...makes cellulite less noticable :) It has definitely worked for me. I keep my sodium to around 1500 a day and drink anywhere from 13 - 20 glasses of water a day. Sounds like a lot, but IT WORKS!!!!! I have noticed a big difference. I takes about 5-7 days for your body to rid all the excess water ;) Good luck!
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and would like to see myself in size 8pants. Size 2 is just too tiny for my comfort. :smile:
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i am 5 5 and my goal weight may be 130 pounds but it wont be a size 2. probably a size 7 at most! i understand you don't want to lose your curves, i've lost some of my tatas and i'm not happy. don't feel like an outsider, you do what is best for you and that is all that matters. :)
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm a guy, currently wearing size 34. I'm thinking my backbone has more than a 2 inch circumference, so no, I won't be going for a size 2 anytime soon. I'd need a saber saw. On, and to be dead. :laugh:

Seriously, though, women's clothing sizes utterly mystify me. How can a "size" be expressed by the number zero? :noway:

You obviously haven't seen the new NEGATIVE SIZES! If it makes you feel any better it doesn't make sense to most women either. A size 2 in one store does not equal a size 2 across the mall in the next store!

i hate that I can range from a size 7-11. which size am i really!!! haha
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    I have a goal size not weight and that's a 10, it was my pre-pregnancy size and I looked fine then.
  • srowny
    srowny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a size 6 never a 2
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently 158. My goal is 135-138 which would put me at about a size 6/8 which for my frame is pretty small. If I were a size 2 I would look emaciated.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, I weigh 160ish right now, at my largest I was 17_ (I was afraid to look at the last number). My goal weight is 145 which should make me a size 8, at least that's what size I was last time I weighed 145. But I think it depends a lot on your body type/build. I look huge at 170, I also think I would look sick at 120. My real goal is to be a size 8 if I hit it sooner than the weight great, if I'm not there yet when I hit 145 I'll reevaluate how I look/feel and go from there.
  • Tay617
    Tay617 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooooooooooooo happy to see this post! I thought it was just me! I'm not striving to be a single digit size. My body just isn't made that way. I still want ALL OF MY CURVES! I'm looking to get down to about a size 16. I felt really good at that size and had the type of body that made men stop and stare at that size. While the only man I want to stop and stare now is my husband, it would still feel good if a man at least whistled at me. LOL Hey, we're all human. :)

I'm currently a 22, some 24's. I started at a 28/30. I love being curvy and embrace it! Having said that I can totally understand that body image is different for everyone. If you feel good being a size 2, 4, 6, GO FOR IT! We're all different, just the way God intended it to be. He didn't make us "one size fits all" for a reason.

Well said!!!! and yes we all love and want that stop and stare reaction =0
  • nurmi24
    nurmi24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I WANT TO KEEP MY CURVES, just want to lose a little of my tire :D
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in a size 10 again. A size 8 is the equivalent of sie 2 for me.lol. That is the lowest I would go and A 12 would be my cap point. right now I am in a 16 :-(. And though a two looks lovely on many ladies, my body is not the one.lol. Good luck to everyone on their journey to be healthy :-)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Excuse my male ignorance, but does height play that much of a role in size? I know 5 female friends who I'm pretty sure are all size 2. 3 of those 5 are 5'-6" or taller. NONE of them look too skinny by any means. I thought the whole jr's misses & petites thing accounted for height in women's sizes?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Excuse my male ignorance, but does height play that much of a role in size? I know 5 female friends who I'm pretty sure are all size 2. 3 of those 5 are 5'-6" or taller. NONE of them look too skinny by any means. I thought the whole jr's misses & petites thing accounted for height in women's sizes?
    I'll second this. Women's sizing is bizarre.

Men is simple. Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large etc...
  • robrembert
    robrembert Posts: 1
    Options
    You are not alone. Im 5'2' and would judt love to see 170 lbs. Im currently 185 and love being curvy. However I lost 40 lbs 4 years ago and had a tummy tuck. I just dont want to undo everything I work so hard for, and I can see my stomach getter fatter by the day:sad:
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Height does make a difference, in that, a tall person looks thinner in a size than a short person. There is also body shape to consider. Women's hips vary quite a bit in width. Mine are wide, so at an 8, my hip bones are visible, any smaller than that, and I may not lose many sizes, by my waist gets smaller.... so pants at an 8 may fit in the hips but "gap' at the waist. Whole different ballgame than men's clothing.
    Jr's sizes actually run smaller than women's in most instances (although, it could be my hips that are the problem, as they are made for not fully developed women). So, I am in a 12 in women's clothing, but wear a 13 or 15 in Jrs. right now.
    At 5'4 1/2 some petite clothing fits, but most of the time it is not just shorter, it is made on a smaller scale, so a 12 petite is actually smaller in the waist than a regular 12 (at least at Loft, where I often shop).
    Not to mention that clothing sizes aren't standardized, and one 12 may be bigger/smaller than another. AND because most women wear fitted clothing, something may fit on your body and not FIT -- good jeans fit like a glove, and no two bodies are shaped exactly alike.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah, apparently a lot of people are not looking to be a size 2. Me neither, I would like size 6-8. At 5'9" I just think that looks healthier. Luckily I carry my weight more in my butt and thighs, would hate to have to go chicken legs just to lose my gut.
  • Fairieluv77
    Fairieluv77 Posts: 95
    Options
    Me! :happy:
    I'm 5' 5" and curvy as well. I want to get down to 165 or 170. I'm a cury girl and prefer to keep them. I really don't think I'd look good at 135 which is what my Wii tells me would be a "healthy" weight. I want to look good and lose the pudge but not be a toothpick.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Height does make a difference, in that, a tall person looks thinner in a size than a short person. There is also body shape to consider. Women's hips vary quite a bit in width. Mine are wide, so at an 8, my hip bones are visible, any smaller than that, and I may not lose many sizes, by my waist gets smaller.... so pants at an 8 may fit in the hips but "gap' at the waist. Whole different ballgame than men's clothing.
    Jr's sizes actually run smaller than women's in most instances (although, it could be my hips that are the problem, as they are made for not fully developed women). So, I am in a 12 in women's clothing, but wear a 13 or 15 in Jrs. right now.
    At 5'4 1/2 some petite clothing fits, but most of the time it is not just shorter, it is made on a smaller scale, so a 12 petite is actually smaller in the waist than a regular 12 (at least at Loft, where I often shop).
    Not to mention that clothing sizes aren't standardized, and one 12 may be bigger/smaller than another. AND because most women wear fitted clothing, something may fit on your body and not FIT -- good jeans fit like a glove, and no two bodies are shaped exactly alike.
    Okay, I have a simple solution to every woman's clothing problems because that sounds like a massive pain in the *kitten*.

Just be naked. So much simpler.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    [/quote]Okay, I have a simple solution to every woman's clothing problems because that sounds like a massive pain in the *kitten*.

Just be naked. So much simpler.
    [/quote]

(Don't know why above didn't go into the quote box.... oh well)

I have considered that when I go jeans shopping. Either that, or living in my pajamas.