Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    SSerum wrote:
    I have considered that when I go jeans shopping. Either that, or living in my pajamas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8484116.stm
    A Tesco store has asked customers not to shop in their pyjamas or barefoot.
    Elaine Carmody, 24, a full-time mother of two young boys, described the ban as "ridiculous" and "pathetic".

She said she had regularly gone shopping at the store in her pyjamas until about a week ago when she was turned away when she went to buy cigarettes.

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Size 12 would be awsome!!!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Be whatever size you are healthy and comfortable in. But can people stop saying that size 2 is for teenagers, are not real women or looks sickly? Thank you.
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    I was shocked to find out last weekend that I'm a size 6 now - I would be perfectly happy to be a size 8. However, my goal is to be healthy and I suggest that you focus on eating healthy and getting enough cardio exercise to have a strong heart muscle, then just accept whatever weight you end up at. When we are 80 we will be happier if we can look back at our lives and know we took good care of our hearts.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 145 pounds, and a size 6. I'd like to take off the last 5-7 pounds that I put on over the winter ... but I'll still be a size 6 in jeans (maybe a 4 in dresses). I'm happy with that.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ME! I'm 5'9" and my goal is 175...which would put me right around a loose size 12. I'm happy at that weight and it looks good on me. Plus it's something I can maintain for life without having to kill myself with exercise every day!

this is me too!
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to be that size. I'm looking to be a healthy size thank you very much. My current goal - maybe not permanent - is 200 pounds. As I said, maybe not permanent. I'm 5'10" so I might be perfect at that weight, and I might need to lose more, it all depends when I get to that weight. I've known people who were size 0, never mind size 2. I never want to be that small. There isn't anyone I know of in my family - either side - that wears that size. A size 6 or 8, yes, but no one wears a size 2, and I don't want to either. I'm currently in a size 18w (plus size) and am closing in on 18 regular. I wear 1x in plus size and I'm closing in on xl in regular all because of my losing weight. The last time I wore those sizes I was in high school!!! Can't wait for this to come true!!! :bigsmile:
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I made my size goal which is an 8/10 now I'm just looking to flatten my tummy. Unfortunately they don't have a flatter tummy goal on the darn settings screen so yeah I put in 130. I don't really care if I make that weight it's a number like the one on the scale, just something to give you a guide.
  • spayurdog
    spayurdog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 50 yrs old and also 5'5". My all time high weight was 215, CW=159. Goal is 149-150--I would like to have a "normal" BMI for once in my life. No interest in getting any smaller than that, not even sure I can make it to 150. I feel a woman needs some fat, especially in her face as she ages. Super thin people look older than they are, IMO. I think where ever you feel comfortable, than that's what you should strive for. I definitely felt much better at 170 than 215---I did not feel good at that weight, AT ALL. I no longer have chronic back pain or constant skin itching (I think from all the stretching!). If I don't lose another pound, I will be satisfied at 160.
  • dalbrown
    dalbrown Posts: 15
    Options
    Certainly not me, I just want to get healthy. I would love to lose 30 to 40 pounds which will not make me overly curvy!!!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Never been a size 2, and never will be most likely.

I'm good with where I am at. Size 8/10 with one pair of size 6's I can wear.

Just working out to be fit and healthy.
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    Now WAY! me A SIZE 2? Not even possible. I am too tall..I might be able to be an 8 maybe a 6 if I push it...but I definately just want to lose the gut and be healthy. That is my main goal!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I see a few posts from 5'5" ladies saying they want to get to 150 so they will be a healthy BMI. At that height you actually have to get below 150 to be considered at the high end of the healthy BMI range. 150 will give you a BMI of 25, but a "healthy BMI" is < 25. So you have to drop to 149.9 which will make your BMI 24.9.

Not much difference I know. Just sayin.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    proudly aiming for a solid 6
  • susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 & current 175 - would like to be 154 which would put me (i guess) at a 10-12 & right in the middle of my healthy BMI - all my friends are between 6 & 10 but they are much shorter and have smaller bone frames than me - if i ever got into a 6/8 i think id look really ill lol. feel free to add me!
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a size 2 at all! For one thing, I don't think I could get there. Secondly, I also don't want to be skin and bones. I want to lose almost 100 pounds, but that would still put me around 130-140. I'm afraid that might be way too small for me, so even though that's my goal, I am DEFINITELY going to see where I end up feeling the best about how I look.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10 & current 175 - would like to be 154 which would put me (i guess) at a 10-12 & right in the middle of my healthy BMI - all my friends are between 6 & 10 but they are much shorter and have smaller bone frames than me - if i ever got into a 6/8 i think id look really ill lol. feel free to add me!

Im 5'10 and 170! Im a size 7/8!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and am trying to be at around a 12.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was just going through my old clothes to make a dropoff at the Salvation Army, and some of my old size 10 shorts and jeans still fit just fine. They must have been rather tight 25 pounds ago, but they're perfectly wearable now. And so are some size 2 jeans. Usually 4 fits perfect, but sometimes 2. And sometimes 6. And, apparently, sometimes 8 or 10.

I'm not striving to be any size. My main requirement was/is "I only want the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle to jiggle." Other than that, I'll keep on trying on jeans in whatever size looks fantastic on my *kitten*.

Last time I went shopping for jeans, I took a variety into the dressing room, some size 3, 5, and 7. There were some 3s and 5s that fit perfect, and some 7s I couldn't get past my knees.

Buy what fits. Screw the label. Garment workers aren't paid well enough for there to be any consistency from one article of clothing to the next, even if there was a sizing standard.